Leaving Android, joining the iOS crowd

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I use android and the iphone 6 plus. I love how much better the apps look and work on ios. The battery life is killer as well. That's what is keeping me on ios for the foreseeable future.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I finally pulled the trigger on a 6 Plus and MBA. Coming from years on Android (I have had some extensive time here and there with iOS, too). I love Android for the customization and freedom, but not for the sometimes "jank" feel with the stutter and lag and force closes. I'm really looking forward to something that I can trust and that has an overall smooth experience.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I finally pulled the trigger on a 6 Plus and MBA. Coming from years on Android (I have had some extensive time here and there with iOS, too). I love Android for the customization and freedom, but not for the sometimes "jank" feel with the stutter and lag and force closes. I'm really looking forward to something that I can trust and that has an overall smooth experience.

Ios is good for that smooth experience but so are NeXuS devices IME but the NeXuS 6 is too big for some. I love it though and it and my 6+ are making it hard to justify the iPad Air I just bought.
:/

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Ios is good for that smooth experience but so are NeXuS devices IME but the NeXuS 6 is too big for some. I love it though and it and my 6+ are making it hard to justify the iPad Air I just bought.
:/
It is smooth for the most part. But it wasn't real smooth when my camera did this, and then I had to reboot...

uploadfromtaptalk1437073711535.jpg

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh no...haven't seen that on mine yet. All phones do something strange now and then. I'm waiting for one one of my new ones to throw me something weird.

It only happened once, but took awhile to fix it. Luckily I didn't need it right then. I LOVE Android (although I can't actually explain why I do). But I'm just tired of the new thing coming out every 3rd day. And then everything getting hyped up like it's going to be the end of all phones, and then letting me down. I thought the S6 was going to be that phone, but the battery is hot garbage and when it went into deep sleep I wouldn't get push notifications. It was just another let down for me with Android. I really like the Nexus, but I still don't get great battery life - and it's still just a ginormous phone for the sake of being ginormous. And quite frankly, until 5.1.1 it was incredibly unstable and unreliable. I just don't have the time in my life to find work arounds, chargers, or wonder if my phone is going to work when I need it. I just need a phone that will work for me. And a laptop that works in conjunction flawlessly. That's a 6 Plus and a Mac. I'm finally pumped to get this show on the road!

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It only happened once, but took awhile to fix it. Luckily I didn't need it right then. I LOVE Android (although I can't actually explain why I do). But I'm just tired of the new thing coming out every 3rd day. And then everything getting hyped up like it's going to be the end of all phones, and then letting me down. I thought the S6 was going to be that phone, but the battery is hot garbage and when it went into deep sleep I wouldn't get push notifications. It was just another let down for me with Android. I really like the Nexus, but I still don't get great battery life - and it's still just a ginormous phone for the sake of being ginormous. And quite frankly, until 5.1.1 it was incredibly unstable and unreliable. I just don't have the time in my life to find work arounds, chargers, or wonder if my phone is going to work when I need it. I just need a phone that will work for me. And a laptop that works in conjunction flawlessly. That's a 6 Plus and a Mac. I'm finally pumped to get this show on the road!

I've never experienced battery life like what my 6+ offers. I love android for its customizations but there is something I love about IOS too and that's refinement and compatibility you can take for granted. Whenever I pick up my 6+ I get this feeling of "D*mn, this thing is really nice." I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's great to know and appreciate both IOS and Android and it's fun to use them both. My wife thinks I'm a nut...guess I am.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've never experienced battery life like what my 6+ offers. I love android for its customizations but there is something I love about IOS too and that's refinement and compatibility you can take for granted. Whenever I pick up my 6+ I get this feeling of "D*mn, this thing is really nice." I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's great to know and appreciate both IOS and Android and it's fun to use them both. My wife thinks I'm a nut...guess I am.
I agree with all of that. And my wife thinks I'm insane too. I wish I had more money so I could just flip flop constantly.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey!
Finally pulled the plug on R2D2 =)
Smart decision!
Plus, fruits are good for your health.

Did not they say "An Apple a day keeps the Android away" =P

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Woah! I did not have that chance and I had a Galaxy S4 too. So I do not have my contacts nor my photos on my new device =C

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Apple is making an Android app to help with that. Or it might be an iOS app. I'm not sure which but they are making an app to help with this transfer.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Apple is making an Android app to help with that. Or it might be an iOS app. I'm not sure which but they are making an app to help with this transfer.

Oh! That is good to know!
But it is too late now, haha =P
I did everything manually -_-

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro