I was offered a trade for my 64 gig iPhone six in return I would get a 64 gig iPhone 6 Plus that has a cracked screen.due to Verizon edge, I only paid 200 for my phone. Now I will have to invest another 150 to fix the screen on the 6+. Think this is a good trade?
    06-06-2015 11:54 PM
    Not at all

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    SpasticPat likes this.
    06-07-2015 12:00 AM
    I don't think so either. Unless you want that additional screen size.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+
    06-07-2015 12:27 AM
    It would be a good trade if the participant you're trading with gets the screen fixed first, in my opinion.
    Premium1 likes this.
    06-07-2015 09:31 AM
    No it's not a good trade
    06-07-2015 10:19 AM
    If your phone is in good shape I'm sure you could find someone who has a similar condition 6+ and wants to trade. You could sweeten the deal and offer to pay an extra $50-$75 to offset the cost difference between the 6 and 6+. Still cheaper than replacing a cracked screen.
    06-07-2015 10:38 AM
    It's not a great deal...but aside from that, isn't the Verizon Edge program similar to AT&T Next? From what I understand, if you decide to upgrade when the next model comes out on that program, you have to give the device you bought via the program BACK when you upgrade...so if you trade for that 6 Plus, you won't be able to upgrade again for the Edge cost until you pay off the phone's monthly incremental payments after 2 years (or whatever the time frame is you signed up for).
    06-07-2015 05:20 PM
    I was offered a trade for my 64 gig iPhone six in return I would get a 64 gig iPhone 6 Plus that has a cracked screen.due to Verizon edge, I only paid 200 for my phone. Now I will have to invest another 150 to fix the screen on the 6+. Think this is a good trade?
    No, I would not trade an intact phone for one with a cracked screen that I'd have to fix. What if it's not only the screen that is damaged?
    06-08-2015 08:15 AM
    I would say since you have to replace the screen no, because yes it isn't a large amount you would have to spend to replace the screen, but I think they should throw some $$ in since with a cracked screen, the iPhone 6 would probably have a little higher resale value.
    06-08-2015 05:37 PM
    It's not a great deal...but aside from that, isn't the Verizon Edge program similar to AT&T Next? From what I understand, if you decide to upgrade when the next model comes out on that program, you have to give the device you bought via the program BACK when you upgrade...so if you trade for that 6 Plus, you won't be able to upgrade again for the Edge cost until you pay off the phone's monthly incremental payments after 2 years (or whatever the time frame is you signed up for).
    verizon just changed that you don't have to return the device once it is fully paid off. And they make it so you can't upgrade early anymore.
    06-08-2015 05:39 PM
    verizon just changed that you don't have to return the device once it is fully paid off. And they make it so you can't upgrade early anymore.
    Well I kind of figured once it was paid off you wouldn't have to return it...the NEXT program only makes you return it if you do a yearly upgrade before the original device is paid off.

I guess I'm curious what the point of the program is if it does't allow you to upgrade each year?
    06-08-2015 08:37 PM
    Well I kind of figured once it was paid off you wouldn't have to return it...the NEXT program only makes you return it if you do a yearly upgrade before the original device is paid off.

I guess I'm curious what the point of the program is if it does't allow you to upgrade each year?
    Just to get consumers off subsidies is all. Benefits nobody except the carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    06-08-2015 08:38 PM
    Just to get consumers off subsidies is all. Benefits nobody except the carriers.

I guess maybe the Edge program is different than NEXT...while I always felt the program was self service for AT&T, at least it allows for early upgrades as long as the consumer is paying the monthly payment for the device.
    06-08-2015 08:53 PM
    I am on the Verizon website right now. You can upgrade as soon as you pay off 100% of your phone. You don't trade in your phone. So if you pay off your phone in 6 months you can go get a new phone. There would no point in doing the edge plan if you could not upgrade early after paying off the phone.
    06-14-2015 10:13 AM
    I am on the Verizon website right now. You can upgrade as soon as you pay off 100% of your phone. You don't trade in your phone. So if you pay off your phone in 6 months you can go get a new phone. There would no point in doing the edge plan if you could not upgrade early after paying off the phone.
    That's what I said. Before you could upgrade after X months even if the phone wasn't paid off. Not the case anymore. Of course when it's paid off you can upgrade anytime.

cwbcpa likes this.
    06-14-2015 10:14 AM
    That's what I said. Before you could upgrade after X months even if the phone wasn't paid off. Not the case anymore. Of course when it's paid off you can upgrade anytime.

My bad. I misread your post. I thought it read that you can't upgrade even after you pay off the phone.
    06-14-2015 10:15 AM
    My bad. I misread your post. I thought it read that you can't upgrade even after you pay off the phone.
    Yeah that would make no sense if that was the case. But with Verizon, it wouldn't surprise me lol.

06-14-2015 10:19 AM
    Yeah that would make no sense if that was the case. But with Verizon, it wouldn't surprise me lol.

Lol. So true. I love the fact that I get service everywhere I go but they test me sometimes with their logic or lack of logic.
    Premium1 and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-14-2015 10:21 AM
    This deal is unfavorable one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-16-2015 04:18 PM
    Don't trade cuz to fix the iphone plus screen would cost more than $100. Even if you get screen replaced, it doesn't mean they're original screen.
    06-19-2015 02:14 AM