Hi.
    I see apple forums they say to log in to iCloud.com to add aliases, since you still can add a second iCloud mail without a second ID, right? Well I can add an alias from iPhone settings. Safari keeps redirecting me to the setup iCloud page. Chrome allows me to sign in but the page format is corrupted so I can use it. I tried the top five free browsers in the App Store and they all redirect me to the setup page.
    So is there a way to access iCloud webmail from my iPhone or add aliases from iPhone settings?
    Thanks.
    06-05-2015 05:43 PM
    I only use the Safari browser so I do not know. Having said that, have you tried using Safari in desktop mode?

Is there a way to access iCloud webmail from my iPhone or add aliases from iPhone settings?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1433540878.915875.jpg
    06-05-2015 05:48 PM
    Coincidentally, I was thinking about making an alias for my iCloud e-mail earlier today and I just finished making it on my MBP.

I tried to use the safari browser in desktop mode like D suggested, but it just allowed me to sign in and from there the page acts the same as you described in the Chrome browser. Can't pinch to zoom or even tap on an icon.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-05-2015 06:07 PM
    Yeah! That's it. Can't pinch or pan.
    What do we do?
    06-05-2015 06:47 PM
    Yeah! That's it. Can't pinch or pan.
    What do we do?
    Login via a computer.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-05-2015 07:50 PM
    Relatedly, anyone know what determines the folder name for iCloud mail in the mail app at the bottom? The bottom list? It has my first name followed by icloud with no spaces. But nowhere is that in my settings. Not in iCloud settings. Nor where I added iCloud to my list of accounts in my mail app.

Does iOS auto create the folder name as first name followed by iCloud? Like JohniCloud?

I can't find anywhere I can change that. Not on the phone or on the pc.
    06-05-2015 09:18 PM
    Relatedly, anyone know what determines the folder name for iCloud mail in the mail app at the bottom? The bottom list? It has my first name followed by icloud with no spaces. But nowhere is that in my settings. Not in iCloud settings. Nor where I added iCloud to my list of accounts in my mail app.

Does iOS auto create the folder name as first name followed by iCloud? Like JohniCloud?

I can't find anywhere I can change that. Not on the phone or on the pc.
    Screenshot?
    06-05-2015 09:46 PM
    Are you talking about this? Mine just goes default to "iCloud"
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-05-2015 09:55 PM
    Screenshot?
    Are you talking about this? Mine just goes default to "iCloud" https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...7b9862f9e5.jpg
    Yes. Your screenshot'll do. Where yours just shows iCloud, mine shows say johnicloud. But nowhere is that in my settings.

On desktop iCloud mail preferences I use 'icloud' for the main iCloud mail 'label' and 'full name'.

In iPhone--settings--iCloud--advanced--account information--name.... It's named 'MainiCloud

iPhone--settings--mail....iCloud... Same as above.

So where is the iCloud folder name in my mail app coming from!?
    06-06-2015 07:28 PM
    Yes. Your screenshot'll do. Where yours just shows iCloud, mine shows say johnicloud. But nowhere is that in my settings.

On desktop iCloud mail preferences I use 'icloud' for the main iCloud mail 'label' and 'full name'.

In iPhone--settings--iCloud--advanced--account information--name.... It's named 'MainiCloud

iPhone--settings--mail....iCloud... Same as above.

So where is the iCloud folder name in my mail app coming from!?
    I don't know what to tell you. Mine is labeled in the manner depicted in the screenshot. You might want to login to the Manage Your Apple ID site and verify your information and then login to the iCloud website and make verify the folder names, etc.
    06-06-2015 08:10 PM
    Yeah. I did. Both of your suggestions. Also made sure my iPad is the same. I wonder if I need to synch the two by the cloud?

Also funny, I purposely made my desktop iCloud name and label different to see if it'll show up on my iOS stuff. But it didn't. Alias changes do. But the main label and name changes don't. Hmm.
    06-06-2015 08:32 PM
    You can change the email name to a shorter nick name sorta here:
    Is there a way to access iCloud webmail from my iPhone or add aliases from iPhone settings?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1433647558.271664.jpg

06-06-2015 11:26 PM
    You can change the email name to a shorter nick name sorta here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433647558.271664.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	82670

Yeah. Thanks. That works for anything but ICloud mail. When you tap iCloud mail in the mail settings it brings you to the same iCloud settings as if you tapped iCloud instead. There is no 'description' for iCloud mail. In iCloud mail setting you do have the 'name' field, but that doesn't reflect what I see as the iCloud mail name in the mail app.
    06-11-2015 05:05 AM
    Yeah. Thanks. That works for anything but ICloud mail. When you tap iCloud mail in the mail settings it brings you to the same iCloud settings as if you tapped iCloud instead. There is no 'description' for iCloud mail. In iCloud mail setting you do have the 'name' field, but that doesn't reflect what I see as the iCloud mail name in the mail app.
    Like the others, mine just shows "iCloud" by default. My iCloud email address doesn't have iCloud in the username like you said with johnicloud. Mine is myname@icloud.com. How did you set up your iCloud account? Did you tap on iCloud in settings?
    Is there a way to access iCloud webmail from my iPhone or add aliases from iPhone settings?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1434025818.642428.jpg

Or did you do it differently?

06-11-2015 08:30 AM