Where is the comma key on an iPhone 6 plus?

I

iMore Question

where is the comma key on an iPhone 6 plus?

I need to add a comma in the address line to separate recepients

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: where is the comma key on an iPhone 6 plus?

Turn your phone to landscape view and you will see the comma when typing in the address field of a new message.

The iPhone keyboard is smart and changes the buttons depending on where you are typing. Most email address fields are separated by ;

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Or in portrait mode, press the 123 key to reveal the comma just above the dictation key.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433444361.096998.jpg

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Its not in the same place when typing an email address. That is where it is in regular text fields.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Its not in the same place when typing an email address. That is where it is in regular text fields.

There's not one for entering the address. No need for it. If you enter multiple addresses, it places the comma automatically.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
where is the comma key on an iPhone 6 plus?

The comma is entered automatically when entering multiple email addresses, at least when entering from the contact list, but yeah, otherwise landscape mode. Sorry. I'm all full of bloopers today.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

The comma is entered automatically when entering multiple email addresses, at least when entering from the contact list, but yeah, otherwise landscape mode. Sorry. I'm all full of bloopers today.

Yes this... if you are manually typing email addresses then there is only a comma in landscape mode.

Edward_Dawson

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Just turn the phone to landscape mode and you will see the comma when typing in the address field.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

A third-party keyboard may help, as well. I use Swype and still have the comma in portrait mode.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

The stock keyboard has it in portrait too. You have to tap the (123) key to see it.

I didn't see the comma key when entering email addresses in the To: field when using the iOS keyboard. I also typed multiple email addresses and no comma automatically appeared.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I didn't see the comma key when entering email addresses in the To: field when using the iOS keyboard. I also typed multiple email addresses and no comma automatically appeared.

You have to tap the address in the field below the To: address.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433770467.915145.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433770478.148727.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It will automatically add the comma for entries from your contacts. But not if you are just typing the email address.

No, it does not have to be a contact. But you must have used that address at least once for it to appear in the field below the To:.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

This is why I specifically said comma "key". The key does not appear on the iOS keyboard. Also, the "automatic" placement of the comma doesn't work if you are entering email addresses that you have never entered before.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

This is why I specifically said comma "key". The key does not appear on the iOS keyboard. Also, the "automatic" placement of the comma doesn't work if you are entering email addresses that you have never entered before.

Use SwiftKey. I just tried it and it works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox