How do I search a word in a chat within the BBM app on iPhone 6 plus?

I

iMore Question

How do I search a word in a chat within the BBM app on iphone 6 plus

I have a very long on-going chat with a business contact on my BBM app on iphone. I know that we discussed a topic about a month ago that I would like to go back to. How can I search a key word that would take me back to that part of the chat (without having to physically scroll back through all of the messages? The chat is not in history, it is on-going.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: How do I search a word in a chat within the BBM app on iphone 6 plus

I don't believe that you can. I checked on both my iphone and passport and could not find anything. On the BB Passport I can do a universal search and it will find anything with that keyword including BBM messages. As far as I can tell the iphone does not have this type universal search. I tried Siri, but she keep just searching the web.

I think this would be a GREAT feature for BlackBerry to add! I'm now a beta tester for the iOS version and I will submit a feature request as soon as I get my official access. :)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Just a thought, but can you copy the whole chat and paste it into a note (Notes App) to search?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Just a thought, but can you copy the whole chat and paste it into a note (Notes App) to search?

Yea I had considered that too, but it's a PIA, better option would be for BB to just add a damn search tool!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2