Apple is awesome

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
LOL relentless is not usually looked upon as a favorable trait.
Being beat to death here is pretty common among a few people so please, carry on. There are plenty more horses in the pasture

I couldn't care less. I'm not going to change my opinion just because it's unfavorable. If your going to waste my time coming to the store without even telling me before hand there is a problem like an outage I am going to complain. I could of done something else other then going to Manhattan at noon where there is a ton of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't care less. I'm not going to change my opinion just because it's unfavorable. If your going to waste my time coming to the store without even telling me before hand there is a problem like an outage I am going to complain. I could of done something else other then going to Manhattan at noon where there is a ton of people.

Right. So we are now all aware that your time is extremely valuable, much more so than those of us who are willing to allow for a certain amount of errors in communications of outages. I mean, there are worlds to save, diseases to conquer, kittykatts to rescue from trees and most of us on this thread don't seem to have those pressures. Additionally, we understand that the cost of a fare to and from the general vicinity of the Manhattan store is prohibitive in its expense, which makes the value of a device ever so much more critical; I mean, so much is already spent on the device and the carrier fees that a round trip fare is exceedingly costly. Finally, having been in Manhattan quite often, I understand the pressures of having chosen the city as a place to live, making that sea of humanity that has been there for decades and which, inconveniently for you, appears to continue to grow, an added pressure to the incredibly valuable time lost and the burden of the financial pressure of a train fare to and from midtown.

Therefore, in view of these inconceivable pressures thrust upon you, and for the sake of your well being, I suggest the following:

1). Arrange for a personal assistant to contact each appointment by phone at one hour, thirty minutes, and five minutes prior to the appointment. If a personal assistant cannot be hired, set alarms to contact Apple by phone.
2). Find a charitable organisation that can arrange for pick up and drop off to and from the Apple appointment. If an organisation cannot be found, contact a family member. If a family member cannot be found, contact a friend who might owe you a favour. If no friend can be found, contact Sean.
3). To alleviate congestion in the city of Manhattan, contact elected representatives and lobby for a 150% rent and mortgage increase to every person whose address does not match yours. In the event that no representative can be found, contact Vogue and get them to announce that everyone in Manhattan must in fact wear clothing out of Saturday Night Fever. The resulting exodus will ensure that you will be the only person living in Manhattan...,albeit in a white leisure suit with a black shirt open to the navel and sporting several layers of costume chains.

Or......you could just accept that over 80% of Apple customers are happy with its customer service, including the majority of people in this thread, and your complaints and attempts to hijack a happy thread are sounding like something out of a Joan Crawford Overacting Academy Graduate Reunion.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My point is they could of told you there was an outage instead of telling me after I get there. Not that difficult to put am alert on apples website saying there's an outage or whatever. Wasting my time is reflecting towards the customer service.

Like I said before, you really don't have any idea what it would require to have such notifications implemented and how it would apply to the very complex system they have. It's not just a black and white "System up, System down" thing, it has layers that reflect several components (which is why they can still provide priority service to customers during times where their systems are down).

But you like to pretend like it's this simple thing, and you reflect that their customer service is not as others are describing because of what you went through...with a product that apple doesn't even manufacturer or service themselves, lol.

It's all good though, I think most people can see the absurdity in your posts.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Right. So we are now all aware that your time is extremely valuable, much more so than those of us who are willing to allow for a certain amount of errors in communications of outages. I mean, there are worlds to save, diseases to conquer, kittykatts to rescue from trees and most of us on this thread don't seem to have those pressures. Additionally, we understand that the cost of a fare to and from the general vicinity of the Manhattan store is prohibitive in its expense, which makes the value of a device ever so much more critical; I mean, so much is already spent on the device and the carrier fees that a round trip fare is exceedingly costly. Finally, having been in Manhattan quite often, I understand the pressures of having chosen the city as a place to live, making that sea of humanity that has been there for decades and which, inconveniently for you, appears to continue to grow, an added pressure to the incredibly valuable time lost and the burden of the financial pressure of a train fare to and from midtown.

Therefore, in view of these inconceivable pressures thrust upon you, and for the sake of your well being, I suggest the following:

1). Arrange for a personal assistant to contact each appointment by phone at one hour, thirty minutes, and five minutes prior to the appointment. If a personal assistant cannot be hired, set alarms to contact Apple by phone.
2). Find a charitable organisation that can arrange for pick up and drop off to and from the Apple appointment. If an organisation cannot be found, contact a family member. If a family member cannot be found, contact a friend who might owe you a favour. If no friend can be found, contact Sean.
3). To alleviate congestion in the city of Manhattan, contact elected representatives and lobby for a 150% rent and mortgage increase to every person whose address does not match yours. In the event that no representative can be found, contact Vogue and get them to announce that everyone in Manhattan must in fact wear clothing out of Saturday Night Fever. The resulting exodus will ensure that you will be the only person living in Manhattan...,albeit in a white leisure suit with a black shirt open to the navel and sporting several layers of costume chains.

Or......you could just accept that over 80% of Apple customers are happy with its customer service, including the majority of people in this thread, and your complaints and attempts to hijack a happy thread are sounding like something out of a Joan Crawford Overacting Academy Graduate Reunion.

So I shouldn't complain? Sorry I will and I couldn't care less who agrees or not. It was MY experience at the apple store and I was just stating MY experience was counter to the OP's. I guess I could of wasted space and made my own thread stating Apple customer service sucked but it's whatever. I've had generally good service there but also bad. Had a iPod color which the battery died on the last day of the warranty but some reason said it wasn't covered and I basically bought a 1st Gen nano instead of replacing the battery on the color. I had proof of purchase but they wouldn't budge.

Why should I accept 80% like the service? It should be 100% not 95 not 86 or whatever other number you want to bring up. My experience was bad and I wanted to bring up not every experience is great there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
There is criticism and there is dissatisfaction and then there is whining.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Apple customer service. I've had them *call me back* to check that my issue had been successfully resolved.
You can cry woe is me unto the Heavens and you can't change the fact that Apple has one of the highest satisfaction rate in the industry.
So you can try to steal the OP's thread with your bellyaching, but it makes no impact at all on the millions of satisfied customers.
And for some reason, that seems to stick in your craw.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why should I accept 80% like the service? It should be 100% not 95 not 86 or whatever other number you want to bring up. My experience was bad and I wanted to bring up not every experience is great there.

See, this is where you can't even be honest with yourself...you're not simply giving an account of your experience, you're actively trying to discredit the idea that Apple has great customer service (that EVERYONE is reflecting except you) because you have unrealistic expectations with a product Apple doesn't even make. Your experience was bad, your experience was inconvenient and fairly irrelevant to Apple to begin with (all things considered).

At least be honest and say you're simply trying to stir the pot.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
See, this is where you can't even be honest with yourself...you're not simply giving an account of your experience, you're actively trying to discredit the idea that Apple has great customer service (that EVERYONE is reflecting except you) because you have unrealistic expectations with a product Apple doesn't even make. Your experience was bad, your experience was inconvenient and fairly irrelevant to Apple to begin with (all things considered).

At least be honest and say you're simply trying to stir the pot.

It's 100% relevant to Apple since they Point me to Apple. I'm stiring no pot and telling what I think. You got a problem with that then that is your problem not mine

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
There is criticism and there is dissatisfaction and then there is whining.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Apple customer service. I've had them *call me back* to check that my issue had been successfully resolved.
You can cry woe is me unto the Heavens and you can't change the fact that Apple has one of the highest satisfaction rate in the industry.
So you can try to steal the OP's thread with your bellyaching, but it makes no impact at all on the millions of satisfied customers.
And for some reason, that seems to stick in your craw.

So you had a good experience so I must have one as well? Sound logic there. I had a bad one.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So you had a good experience so I must have one as well? Sound logic there. I had a bad one.

Frankly I'm more convinced than ever that you're just arguing for argument's sake. You've got no logical argument and you can't admit it.
You've hijacked the thread with a whiny counterpoint that just doesn't add up.
It does bother you that you just can't logically present a case against Apple's stellar customer service.
I wonder why the bitterness.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Frankly I'm more convinced than ever that you're just arguing for argument's sake. You've got no logical argument and you can't admit it.
You've hijacked the thread with a whiny counterpoint that just doesn't add up.
It does bother you that you just can't logically present a case against Apple's stellar customer service.
I wonder why the bitterness.

I did. They wasted my time and money for no reason simple as that.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh please. I've never heard such self aggrandising whining.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's 100% relevant to Apple since they Point me to Apple. I'm stiring no pot and telling what I think. You got a problem with that then that is your problem not mine

Apple doesn't make the product.
Apple doesn't service the product.

...and the only reason they handle warranty service is because they are more capable of doing so than Beats Electronics themself (given the size of both entities). They point you in Apple's direction because it costs less for Apple to take that traffic vs. Beats directly, period. Your broken headset isn't relevant to Apple directly at all...they just happen to cover the warranty...you know, because they have phenomenal customer service, even when the product isn't made by them, lol!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

...and the only reason they handle warranty service is because they are more capable of doing so than Beats Electronics themself (given the size of both entities). They point you in Apple's direction because it costs less for Apple to take that traffic vs. Beats directly, period. Your broken headset isn't relevant to Apple directly at all...they just happen to cover the warranty...you know, because they have phenomenal customer service, even when the product isn't made by them, lol!

Phenomenal service wouldn't of wasted my time nor my money

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I had a clicking at the top of my iPhone 6+ screen ever since I got it as a replacement device a month ago from t-mobile. I waited it out and yesterday it got really bad. I went to Apple without an appointment and immediately was told I had an hour and a half wait. So I waited. I dropped my phone off and they said they'd swap the display. I came back in an hour and I did an inspection of my iPhone. It still had a little give at the top of the screen, and while the tech tried to tell me that was normal, I was not having it. I knew it wasn't. They ended up swapping it out for a new phone, saying if I was not comfortable leaving with that give, they would replace it completely.

Wow.. your apple store rocks. I live in los angeles and apple store around me will never help without appointment. Maybe because it's too crowded area where I am at.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not whining but I'm sorry I contradict such a popular belief ALL Apple customer service is great

You are whining. A human being who complains ad nauseum for what.....20 posts?.....over 1) something that Apple would not service themselves because they do not manufacture and 2) a fare in a Manhattan train ride which is ridiculously inexpensive and then 3) a lost what....:hour of your life?......because you're oh so very important and your time is oh so valuable and then throwing in, which turned your complaining into farce, 6) overcrowded conditions in Manhattan which apparently you alone endure is nothing more than whining.

And it does not take away the OP's experience not mine nor any of the millions who have given Apple one of the highest rating in the market.

You are, in fact, whining. So you can try all you want to take away the original intent of this thread but you can't. Apple is in fact one of the leading companies when it comes to customer service. and your complaining and whining and bellyaching over something that was out of their control such as the service of something they don't manufacture is simply overly dramatic whining.

So..... Back to the OP, Apple does have awesome customer service. And I'm happy the OP got resolution through Apple's stellar customer service. Just like I do when I have an issue. Just like millions upon millions do.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I absolutely love how he refuses to make a glancing acknowledgement at that point.

Joan Crawford is so very proud.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You are whining. A human being who complains ad nauseum for what.....20 posts?.....over 1) something that Apple would not service themselves because they do not manufacture and 2) a fare in a Manhattan train ride which is ridiculously inexpensive and then 3) a lost what....:hour of your life?......because you're oh so very important and your time is oh so valuable and then throwing in, which turned your complaining into farce, 6) overcrowded conditions in Manhattan which apparently you alone endure is nothing more than whining.

And it does not take away the OP's experience not mine nor any of the millions who have given Apple one of the highest rating in the market.

You are, in fact, whining. So you can try all you want to take away the original intent of this thread but you can't. Apple is in fact one of the leading companies when it comes to customer service. and your complaining and whining and bellyaching over something that was out of their control such as the service of something they don't manufacture is simply overly dramatic whining.

So..... Back to the OP, Apple does have awesome customer service. And I'm happy the OP got resolution through Apple's stellar customer service. Just like I do when I have an issue. Just like millions upon millions do.

Inexpensive? $2.75 for Crappy service that doesn't get any better but gets increased for one way isn't "inexpensive". It might be in the scheme or things but it's the principle. I don't want to waste money period no but what of if's to it. I also had to wait 4 days to get that set up because there wasn't appointments earlier and it was a Saturday where I could of done something else other then waste my time getting to the city, navigating through the city, and of course wasting my money ($5.50). It was system wide so putting an alert on the website could of easily solved it. So you can call it whatever you want but it still ain't "good" customer service. It's almost impossible to have great service 100% of the time.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love how he refuses to make a glancing acknowledgement at that point.

Joan Crawford is so very proud.

For what? I couldn't care less. They send me to Apple so they get a pass? No