Apple is awesome

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
HP and Toshiba argue factory / design defects aren't their fault. Apple reimbursed me for a repair I paid for that was found (a year later) to be a defect. I didn't ask for it. They sought me out and gave me back hundreds of dollars. Amazing.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I had a 21" iMac screen die and was quoted $650 by local Apple agent to replace, it was 2 years out of warranty so 3 years old, rang Apple about a iPad problem and just mentioned it and said i couldn't afford to fix it, he put me on hold and came back and said they would replace the screen for free. It's now 4.5 years old and going great. Who else would do that??

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Idk I was in there today at the one on 5th Ave in Manhattan and they turned me away after I had an appointment for the first say avaliable which was like 2 days ahead for my beats solo 2 because their systems was down and they only could help with emergency issues....wasted $5.50 for train fair because they failed to tell me that and couldn't help me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to ask again...you went in to an Apple store for warranty service on your beats solo 2 headsets?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes...... Went to the beats website and was directed to Apple.....

Understandable...but your complaint before was in regard to Apple not letting you know about the system being down, which in turn prevented them from being able to offer you service on the product. Given the nature of the product being something Apple doesn't specifically make, wouldn't it make sense to you that they'd have to have their system available in order to 1.) See that you actually purchased said headphones from the Apple store, and 2.) Reference a customer profile in order to keep record of services provided (since, again, it wasn't an Apple product).

System issues are usually a pretty sporadic thing, so why would you be bitter with Apple about something like that, especially in regard to a product they don't even produce (but will offer warranty service on because they sell them in their store)?

Just seems odd...and kind of defines Beats own short comings on their products since they kind of passed the buck by sending you to Apple.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Understandable...but your complaint before was in regard to Apple not letting you know about the system being down, which in turn prevented them from being able to offer you service on the product. Given the nature of the product being something Apple doesn't specifically make, wouldn't it make sense to you that they'd have to have their system available in order to 1.) See that you actually purchased said headphones from the Apple store, and 2.) Reference a customer profile in order to keep record of services provided (since, again, it wasn't an Apple product).

System issues are usually a pretty sporadic thing, so why would you be bitter with Apple about something like that, especially in regard to a product they don't even produce (but will offer warranty service on because they sell them in their store)?

Just seems odd...and kind of defines Beats own short comings on their products since they kind of passed the buck by sending you to Apple.

I would of liked an automated alert telling us their system is down don't bother coming in or even just on their website. It's not a huge deal but an annoyance either way.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would of liked an automated alert telling us their system is down don't bother coming in or even just on their website. It's not a huge deal but an annoyance either way.

Do you realize how unrealistic this is given the nature of how systems like that go down and come back up?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you realize how unrealistic this is given the nature of how systems like that go down and come back up?

They said it was system wide and have been going on for a few hours they could if just put a header saying you might have difficulties at the store or whatever

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They said it was system wide and have been going on for a few hours they could if just put a header saying you might have difficulties at the store or whatever

I think you underestimate how complex the system is, and that what you are wanting isn't really something feasible to do for a slew of reasons. So you spent a few bucks and had an inconvenience...you're going to argue the point of this thread because of this? Really?

And over a product that Apple doesn't even produce no less.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Apple is great when they are able to be. I find that server status for Apple hosted services is not as transparent as it could be. This causes confusion for customers and Apple staff.

Example, iCloud related services went down again this week for an hour. 3rd time this year. It wasn't a secret, iMore reported on it. All sorts of related systems were failing. But when you went to the system status pages they all showed green lights.

Apple needs to be more upfront in their hosted services so we don't feel left in the dark as devs, as customers or as Apple staff.

Sean is right that it's a complicated system and these things happen. However, Apple doesn't have a clear way of letting anyone know when these things are happening. Other companies do a much better job in this regard. It's not too complicated to provide a view into the true status of hosted services. It's simply either the way they choose not to communicate these things or a lack of priority in improving the way it's communicated.

Either way it leaves us all unable to work around an issue that has come up.

Not a deal breaker for me by any stretch or even something to be upset about for me personally but it certainly needs improvement. I have an app coming out soon that uses cloudkit extensively. Perhaps when my customers are banging on the door when there are outages, I'll be much more vocal in my want of better service status communication.

Apple is still awesome in my eyes. No other company like it all things considered.

Cheers.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If a one hour iCloud outage is problematic or lacking in communication, try four days with no data services at all and no communication from the company on the first three days. That's what happened with BiackBerry.
At least there is a website with status. Is there dish a thing with Google or Microsift? Sure as all Hades there isn't one with Blackberry.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience today at the Apple Store. My phone had gotten slightly bent (it would have a slight wobble if you press the upper right and lower left corners when it was face down on a table) and they just swapped out the whole phone even though the bend was slight. It's one reason I don't think I can leave iOS, and that's the support. Would that have happened with Google if I'd gotten a nexus 6? Doubt it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think you underestimate how complex the system is, and that what you are wanting isn't really something feasible to do for a slew of reasons. So you spent a few bucks and had an inconvenience...you're going to argue the point of this thread because of this? Really?

And over a product that Apple doesn't even produce no less.

Yes...I rather not waste $6 dollars on the train if I don't have to. The MTA is crap as well. I also don't like wasting my time either.

And Apple does make them since they are Apple now as of last August

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes...I rather not waste $6 dollars on the train if I don't have to. The MTA is crap as well. I also don't like wasting my time either.

And Apple does make them since they are Apple now as of last August

You very clearly don't have any idea how corporate acquisitions work...lol. Beats is still a company on it's own, Apple simply purchased the company as a whole. Apple does not make Beats headphones...it is still outsourced by whoever Beats was using just before the acquisition by Apple (could still be HTC, I really don't know or care to go researching it, but that is who they were partnered with after Monster).

In the same light, Apple does not provide direct warranty repair/replacement of Beats products...Apple may return a set of Beats headphones to their stores and give the consumer a replacement set, but the defective product is sent back to Beats and a replacement set is then sent to Apple to replenish the stock they carried in their store.

A similar example would be Volkswagen. They control more car manufacturers than any other company on the planet (including Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, etc)...if you owned a Lamborghini though, you wouldn't take it to a VW dealership for service or repair unless in the off chance you actually PURCHASED it there and they were offering you warranty service directly from the dealership...other than that highly unlikely scenario, VW has nothing to do with the actual manufacturing or warrantying of anything the company controls other than VW products themselves).

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You very clearly don't have any idea how corporate acquisitions work...lol. Beats is still a company on it's own, Apple simply purchased the company as a whole. Apple does not make Beats headphones...it is still outsourced by whoever Beats was using just before the acquisition by Apple (could still be HTC, I really don't know or care to go researching it, but that is who they were partnered with after Monster).

In the same light, Apple does not provide direct warranty repair/replacement of Beats products...Apple may return a set of Beats headphones to their stores and give the consumer a replacement set, but the defective product is sent back to Beats and a replacement set is then sent to Apple to replenish the stock they carried in their store.

A similar example would be Volkswagen. They control more car manufacturers than any other company on the planet (including Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, etc)...if you owned a Lamborghini though, you wouldn't take it to a VW dealership for service or repair unless in the off chance you actually PURCHASED it there and they were offering you warranty service directly from the dealership...other than that highly unlikely scenario, VW has nothing to do with the actual manufacturing or warrantying of anything the company controls other than VW products themselves).

Apple didn't merge with beats but bought them first off and 2nd I'm being general since I don't feel the need to go literally into everything. 3rd beats sends me to Apple anyways

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple didn't merge with beats but bought them first off and 2nd I'm being general since I don't feel the need to go literally into everything. 3rd beats sends me to Apple anyways

I said Acquired...which is exactly what Apple did to Beats. Go re-read my post if you need to verify this.

You aren't going into it because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Beats sent you to Apple because, from what you reported, you bought the headphones at the Apple store...so the easiest way for you to get a replacement set is to go back to the source of the sale (which is why they couldn't help you in the first place since their system was down...again, from what you reported).

Look, it's very clear you don't understand how this whole thing works...and that's ok, most consumers don't. Before much more time is wasted here, I will just make it perfectly clear and concise so there is no confusion on your behalf...Apple does not physically produce Beats headsets, and while they may handle their warranty services, the production of the headphones is still done by Beats Electronics, which is why Apple does not repair the products in their stores, instead they send the products BACK to Beats Electronics where repairs are done (and Apple typically just replaces the headphones for the consumer so there is no wait time, keeping the consumer happy).

It's a really simple concept...hopefully you understand it better now.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I said Acquired...which is exactly what Apple did to Beats. Go re-read my post if you need to verify this.

You aren't going into it because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Beats sent you to Apple because, from what you reported, you bought the headphones at the Apple store...so the easiest way for you to get a replacement set is to go back to the source of the sale (which is why they couldn't help you in the first place since their system was down...again, from what you reported).

Look, it's very clear you don't understand how this whole thing works...and that's ok, most consumers don't. Before much more time is wasted here, I will just make it perfectly clear and concise so there is no confusion on your behalf...Apple does not physically produce Beats headsets, and while they may handle their warranty services, the production of the headphones is still done by Beats Electronics, which is why Apple does not repair the products in their stores, instead they send the products BACK to Beats Electronics where repairs are done (and Apple typically just replaces the headphones for the consumer so there is no wait time, keeping the consumer happy).

It's a really simple concept...hopefully you understand it better now.

I bought them at bestbuy not the apple store and when you go to support it tells you to go to Apple. I do understand how the crap works and isn't the issue. Yeah I know they send it it and idc. My problem is their system was down and never told anybody and I wasted $6 bucks to get there

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought them at bestbuy not the apple store and when you go to support it tells you to go to Apple. I do understand how the crap works and isn't the issue. Yeah I know they send it it and idc. My problem is their system was down and never told anybody and I wasted $6 bucks to get there

lol...so if you understand how this "crap" works, why correct me above when I explained it? What I said was/is accurate.

You brought up your "issue" as if it reflects the way Apple conducts customer service...given your situation, this was a strange incident to represent your experience with Apple itself with. If $6 is putting that much stress on you, maybe you move out of New York/Jersey.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox