Approx. 40 GB of music - 128GB iPhone 6 or 64GB iPhone 6 Plus?

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I went ahead and purchased the 128GB iPhone 6, and it was an adventure getting it. I went to a Verizon store, who said they didn't have that size in stock, then two Best Buy stores, finally purchasing it from the third store.

iTunes Match works but only at home through WiFi as I am on a family plan through Verizon that limits me to 2 GB/mo. More importantly, when I finished syncing all of my music and photos I was left with less than 50 GB so I'm very happy with my choice!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and purchased the 128GB iPhone 6, and it was an adventure getting it. I went to a Verizon store, who said they didn't have that size in stock, then two Best Buy stores, finally purchasing it from the third store.

iTunes Match works but only at home through WiFi as I am on a family plan through Verizon that limits me to 2 GB/mo. More importantly, when I finished syncing all of my music and photos I was left with less than 50 GB so I'm very happy with my choice!

Congrats!!!!! I like my media on my device too. iCloud is for backup so I don't lose anything.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Thankfully, I won't be streaming any audio or video on my phone, hence my reasoning for listening/watching everything on iTunes.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your data plan....I would suggest saving yourself some cash and go for the 64GB bundled with iTunes Match and then space isn't an issue. However if you *must* have music locally stored than 128GB like pretty much everyone else said. :)

In the same boat, but subscribed to iTunes Match so I wouldn't have to worry about consuming too much storage from one app. But I do understand streaming can give a beating to data caps :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klcrow8690

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
If you really want to go with the 64GB 6+, I would suggest subscribing to iTunes Match (assuming you live where it is available). You can save the songs you listen to most often, and stream the others when you want to listen to them. And at $24.99/year, not a bad price for a cloud backup of your entire music library.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your 128g. Same as what I have with my 78g music library, but I previously got along just fine with a 64g 5s by importing my music to the 5s at a lower bit rate. I know there are some people who can tell the difference, but I can't.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you really want to go with the 64GB 6+, I would suggest subscribing to iTunes Match (assuming you live where it is available). You can save the songs you listen to most often, and stream the others when you want to listen to them. And at $24.99/year, not a bad price for a cloud backup of your entire music library.

You can basically do it for free with Google music or Amazon. There's what a 10,000 song limit or more on both of those?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk