Making the switch from Android to iPhone

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna switch as soon as I can find someone with a iPhone 6plus to trade for a sprint nexus 6. I can't wait. I'm tired of the updating processes with Google.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

animal47

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Well I have just made the switch from android to iOS and have to be honest I am loving the iPhone 6 plus.
Years ago I had a 3GS and after buying an htc desire hd I swore I would never go back to Apple as I loved the way I could do anything on android. Forward wind several years and several android phones later and I have had enough of android, constantly waiting for updates and things to finally work properly, one of the most annoying examples of this is that I had my htc one max for 18 months and had been waiting 15 months for the sky go app to work on it whereas I bet it works fine on every apple device.
My swap to iOS hasn't been plain sailing as I had awful trouble getting all of my contacts on my iPhone plus was unable to copy messages over which I was very annoyed about and I am no safari fan as I much prefer everything in desktop mode, the stock htc browser is much better imo, then there is the hassle of custom ringtones etc but even after some of the hassles I have had I am very glad I made the switch although I do love my one max and were it not for a faulty switch making the phone difficult to wake up then I probably would have stuck with it.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Good luck with your decision, I would just wish they would improve the push gmail in IOS, other then that, no complaints.

Google did it to themselves. They used to let you set up your Gmail account on iOS using an Exchange Server. Worked perfectly. Now? Not so much.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Google did it to themselves. They used to let you set up your Gmail account on iOS using an Exchange Server. Worked perfectly. Now? Not so much.

Very true, I used the exchange server for years and because of greed and a pissing match between Google and Microsoft, who looses in the end, the consumer as usual.

I would gladly pay for Google apps function to get the exchange server benefits, but they won't let me merge my existing free gmail account which I have had for 8 years and has all my labels and stored email on it with a paid version which sucks.

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I agree 100% on the storage needs. I opted for the 128 GB iPhone 6 instead of the 64 GB iPhone 6 plus and ended up with 45 GB of space after syncing all of my music, podcasts and photos.

fkpalm

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
I just made the switch never had an iPhone been a long time android fan since the start. Upgraded to S6 edge and was very unhappy after two weeks decided to try the iPhone plus. Loving every minute of it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner