Making the switch from Android to iPhone

carraser891

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My upgrade is coming up on Monday and I think I will make the plunge into an iPhone. Never had one before, and I have always used Galaxy devices (Note 4 currently ). I'm pretty tech savy as far as transferring my information. My main question is about the Google app. How well does it work? Does it integrate with Safari as far as Web searches or can I download Chrome? Or just how well google apps work with iOS in general?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You can totally download chrome if you want. It works rather well. Far as I can tell all the google apps work well on iOS, some even better than on android.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade is coming up on Monday and I think I will make the plunge into an iPhone. Never had one before, and I have always used Galaxy devices (Note 4 currently ). I'm pretty tech savy as far as transferring my information. My main question is about the Google app. How well does it work?
The Google app work quite well on the iPhone.
Does it integrate with Safari as far as Web searches or can I download Chrome?
The search function is built-in to Safari and yes, you can install Google Chrome.
Or just how well google apps work with iOS in general?
In general, Google apps work well with iOS devices.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade is coming up on Monday and I think I will make the plunge into an iPhone. Never had one before, and I have always used Galaxy devices (Note 4 currently ). I'm pretty tech savy as far as transferring my information. My main question is about the Google app. How well does it work? Does it integrate with Safari as far as Web searches or can I download Chrome? Or just how well google apps work with iOS in general?

Just make sure you get enough storage for your needs ... Seen too many people make that mistake and then blame  for everything lol

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Good luck with your decision, I would just wish they would improve the push gmail in IOS, other then that, no complaints.

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
No push to Gmail sucks. No custom notification sounds on third party apps.

Google apps are pretty good on ios. I was a nexus user for years and pretty pleased with Google on ios. Miss the nexus phone app though.

Love the iPhone 6 plus though. Battery life is unreal.

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
IMO I think google apps look much better on iOS devices and work quite well. Push notifications don't bother me at all. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy your new phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

davbran

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm also moving from Android to iPhone. I had the first gen iPad with retina, but still liked my Android phones. After fourteen Android devices, a couple of which are quite specialized, I've given up on fragmentation.

My only complaint about the process is carrier related. I "jumped" and was charged a down payment "memory" upgrade fee which it's laughable. They're getting the whole amount anyway and they're keeping a loyal customer. I'm not going anywhere. On top of this, I wanted the 128gb model which they don't carry you stock and even attempted to down sell me to the 64gb stating "no-one comes in asking for the 128gb" to which I'm not surprised in the slightest. So the clerk took my sim leaving me without a phone for a week.

I'm looking forward to my new iPhone and only advise upgrading online if you get some clerk handling you like i was.

db

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I use a Note 4 and an iPhone 6 simultaneously and I don't see a penny's worth of difference between the two when it comes to the Google apps.
For Gmail some folks with new gmail accounts can't seem to get Push working properly.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ditto. This is my first iPhone and I love it. I was heavy into rooting, romming, changing kernels, etc since the original droid phone. And the iPhone is a nice change. I don't have to worry about doing any of that stuff, the phone just WORKS. And the battery life is outstanding.

Google apps work pretty well. Could be better, but overall I have no complaints. My only gripe was not having google voice search readily available. I added the google chrome widget to notifications, problem solved. Good luck with your decision.

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Personally every single app on google I've been able to use here on my iPhone.
I've had the note 2 & almost grabbed a note 4 but stayed on iPhone 💔 love it and my hearing aid app is only on iPhone the accessories etc apps everything lol
The only app I liked s little more on the note was google plus.
I backup my pics still to google still use blogger ...
You'll be fine 👌 and I love google maps lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox