What is the best way for keeping the battery on the iphone 6 plus healthy?

- Should you unplug the charger right after its fully charged?
    - should you wait for the life to go all out before charging it?

What do you mean is the best?

Thanks in advance

- Pandurrr
    05-16-2015 11:18 AM
    It depends... If you're using 3rd party chargers that are not "made for i" certified... I would not use those at all...but if you are, take the device off the charger when it's fully charged.... Otherwise, Apple and "made for i" Chargers will switch to a trickle mode when the device is fully charged and you don't need to worry about taking it off the charger. Once in a while, you can use it until it shuts off and recharge... Otherwise, just use it and charge it whenever, as needed.
    Pandurr likes this.
    05-16-2015 11:25 AM
    That's what I do, I let the battery run down to the point where the phone will shut itself off and charge it without interruptions all way to 100%.
    05-16-2015 02:00 PM
    I use approved chargers and try to let the device fully discharge once per month. Then recharge 100%.
    05-16-2015 05:01 PM
    It doesn't matter what you do. These are li-ion batteries. They don't have memories or issues. Dropping it to zero or charging as soon as you hit 80% will result in the exact same battery health.
    What these batteries have is a lifespan on charges. So leaving it plugged in means that the battery hits 100, then dips a bit, then gets energy trickled to it, then dips a bit, etc etc. keeping it plugged will just diminish the life of it. However you'll be getting rid of your device before that happens.
    woodjc01 likes this.
    05-17-2015 10:52 PM
    It doesn't matter what you do. These are li-ion batteries. They don't have memories or issues. Dropping it to zero or charging as soon as you hit 80% will result in the exact same battery health.
    What these batteries have is a lifespan on charges. So leaving it plugged in means that the battery hits 100, then dips a bit, then gets energy trickled to it, then dips a bit, etc etc. keeping it plugged will just diminish the life of it. However you'll be getting rid of your device before that happens.
    I charge on the go as needed. I pay no attention really to the percentage.
    05-18-2015 09:33 AM
    I charge on the go as needed. I pay no attention really to the percentage.
    This is 100% true. No need to worry about cell phone batteries and memory effect anymore as Li-Ion have none. You will most likely replace your phone before the battery gets diminished a significantly.
    tsparks1 likes this.
    05-18-2015 11:29 PM