Tried out the s6 edge for 4 days and immediately went back to iPhone 6 plus

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Selling your Android phone? Don't. It keeps your data.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/21/technology/resell-android-phone/index.html

This is a bit alarming

" The devices affected by this include the HTC One, HTC Sensation XE, Motorola Razr I, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S Plus and others.

Researchers said the Google Nexus 4 performed the best -- but it still had issues."

All old devices and they used 21 devices to paint a broad brush that all Android devices are affected by this.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
People doesn't necessarily buy Samsung phones because they think it's the best phone (or do think so because so many have them). They buy them bacause they think that's all there is in many cases. Many who thinks "Android" thinks Samsung and vice versa. Which is a shame.

Samsung has gotten so popular so most people buy them just because everyone else has them. And the stores focus on selling them. I bet a lot of people would be happier with another brand than Samsung if they just had the guts to make a choice of their own. I have several TouchWich people at work, whom I often have to act tech-support for. They don't like the phone, yet they think about buying a newer Samsung and because they are used to it and afraid to try something new. I see this a lot everywhere. It has become sort of like an iPhone phenomenom in Sweden (iPhone dominates Sweden), where a lot of people buy them because their friends has them.

I have had a lot of different Android phones and shown my workmates and they have been very interested. Yet still afraid to leave the Samsung sphere for no obvious reasons. It's just their comfort zone and all they know. I just wish the consumer in general could be better at making their own choices and try to buy what really suits them personally after trying out a lot. Just not buy what others have or is considered the best just because they sell the most.

Now I have to deal with a workmate who pukes over the Lollipop update on his S4. He thinks it looks like kindergarden now and hates it. With all that Knox and **** I bet even I an experienced user will have trouble helping him to roll back to KitKat. Sigh...

I fins that most happy Android users are outside Samsung. Like Sony (my family for instance), Nexus devices or HTC. Motorola is a great choice besides Nexus when it comes to a pure experience.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
People doesn't necessarily buy Samsung phones because they think it's the best phone (or do think so because so many have them). They buy them bacause they think that's all there is in many cases. Many who thinks "Android" thinks Samsung and vice versa. Which is a shame.

Samsung has gotten so popular so most people buy them just because everyone else has them. And the stores focus on selling them. I bet a lot of people would be happier with another brand than Samsung if they just had the guts to make a choice of their own. I have several TouchWich people at work, whom I often have to act tech-support for. They don't like the phone, yet they think about buying a newer Samsung and because they are used to it and afraid to try something new. I see this a lot everywhere. It has become sort of like an iPhone phenomenom in Sweden (iPhone dominates Sweden), where a lot of people buy them because their friends has them.

I have had a lot of different Android phones and shown my workmates and they have been very interested. Yet still afraid to leave the Samsung sphere for no obvious reasons. It's just their comfort zone and all they know. I just wish the consumer in general could be better at making their own choices and try to buy what really suits them personally after trying out a lot. Just not buy what others have or is considered the best just because they sell the most.

Now I have to deal with a workmate who pukes over the Lollipop update on his S4. He thinks it looks like kindergarden now and hates it. With all that Knox and **** I bet even I an experienced user will have trouble helping him to roll back to KitKat. Sigh...

I fins that most happy Android users are outside Samsung. Like Sony (my family for instance), Nexus devices or HTC. Motorola is a great choice besides Nexus when it comes to a pure experience.

They thing about comfort zones us that you are afraid of spending money on something you don't know how will turn out. For me, I am scared to get anything but HP, because I have always owned HP laptops. For phones, I am dubious to get anything besides Apple or Motorola.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They thing about comfort zones us that you are afraid of spending money on something you don't know how will turn out. For me, I am scared to get anything but HP, because I have always owned HP laptops. For phones, I am dubious to get anything besides Apple or Motorola.

I agree to a point, but fear is not the primary factor, in my opinion. People simply stick with what has worked well for them.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You got to try other GOOD Android phones, and not just the overhyped ones... I have had a HTC M9 since launch and it's amazing.

Yep, I had an HTC One M7 and it was rock solid. I went back to it with no hesitation when my iPhone 5 got water damaged at the start of last year. If i was going to go back to Android, it would be the HTC without question. All my Samsungs have just been awful and the combination of Touchwiz and the Samsung hardware just didn'twork for me. Thank god for choice

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I had an HTC One M7 and it was rock solid. I went back to it with no hesitation when my iPhone 5 got water damaged at the start of last year. If i was going to go back to Android, it would be the HTC without question. All my Samsungs have just been awful and the combination of Touchwiz and the Samsung hardware just didn'twork for me. Thank god for choice

Yes Indeed

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree, if Samsung dropped touchwiz & adopted pure Google. They're phones would be a hell of a lot better. I also agree again, I've seen some folks over at AC said they adapted to touchwiz. No offense, I don't think I ever could.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

There was a Google Edition of the Samsung Galaxy S4. I haven't seen much demand for Google Edition Samsung phones after the first round of those phones came out. Customers can either use another launcher if they don't like the look of Touchwiz or root the phone if they want to remove Touchwiz altogether.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, something weird is going on with tapatalk. I see what you're saying now though. Most consumes who purchased any Samsung device usually throw a launcher on it immediately. Check out the forums at AC, I think I seen u over there. Majority of them prefer something other than touchwiz. Motoblur was terrible, I'll agree on that. What if Samsung released their high end devices like they've done before with the S4 ? The google play edition & a touchwiz variant ?

I disagree, Samsung consumers always complain about, the lag touchwiz seems cursed with. They tried to revamp it by cutting out a lot of the features previous generation galaxy devices had but in my opinion it still seems like the same Samsung touchwiz.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

I think that you should clarify and say most consumers on Internet forums (which I still think would be inaccurate) throw another launcher on their Samsung phones. The average phone user doesn't know or care what a launcher is.

All Samsung users don't complain about the lag with Touchwiz. Even when I didn't like Touchwiz in the past, it wasn't primarily due to lag.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. That's why I switched to a 6 Plus. 1gb of RAM and it never lags or stutters. And I love the unadulterated OS. I can appreciate some of the things Samsung adds, but so much of it is still fluff that just weighs the user experience down.

Never? For me it's been doing it frequently making me ask do I regret getting the iphone 6 plus and should of waited for the 6 plus. 1GB is pretty poor and considering my iPad has 2GB and feels way better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Never? For me it's been doing it frequently making me ask do I regret getting the iphone 6 plus and should of waited for the 6 plus. 1GB is pretty poor and considering my iPad has 2GB and feels way better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I'm sure it could be better served by having more RAM. But compared to what I'm used to, no, it doesn't stutter. You would click on a notification on the lock screen on my S6 and it would take 2-3 seconds to open. iPhone is instant. That's what I notice.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh I'm sure it could be better served by having more RAM. But compared to what I'm used to, no, it doesn't stutter. You would click on a notification on the lock screen on my S6 and it would take 2-3 seconds to open. iPhone is instant. That's what I notice.

It takes forever on iPhone and sometimes it crashes. Tried out the s6 at bestbuy and loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It takes forever on iPhone and sometimes it crashes. Tried out the s6 at bestbuy and loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then go buy one. It is a really really nice phone. My wife still uses the edge. I may get one down the line, but I'm really enjoying the simplicity and battery life of the 6 Plus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh