Tried out the s6 edge for 4 days and immediately went back to iPhone 6 plus

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok, the looks are like 90% of the gimmick. And it looks fantastic. And I don't always agree with Marques Brownlee. He doesn't like anything from Samsung besides the Note and even then he used an alternative launcher. He mainly uses a Oneplus One and a Nexus 6. Two devices I don't like.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I almost got the nexus 6 but I feel like even with pure Google it's still no match for the note 4. The one plus one I believe was just a hyped device and you had to get an invite to buy it lol good market strategy.

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
This is where I stopped reading:

"Up until now, only one Korean news outlet has covered this story, so it?s possible the information isn?t accurate."

A lot of sites are really bad on reporting tech it seems.

You could be right only thing I've been googling is s6 sales and that's what pulled up. Do you know any reliable sites that would have accurate information on this?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You could be right only thing I've been googling is s6 sales and that's what pulled up. Do you know any reliable sites that would have accurate information on this?

None, because Samsung hasn't reported sales yet. There is only one original source and that is one Korean site. Why too exclusive and no facts backing up this number. Until Samsung actually reports sales, take every article mentioning S6 sales with a grain of salt.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
No, they would never do that and I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. You are not understanding what I am saying. Android landscape is like the smartphone market as a whole. Everyone is doing everything they can to make people buy their stuff. For Samsung that is touchwiz and Samsung apps. For HTC, that is HTC Sense and HTC apps like Blinkfeed, for LG, its LG skin and apps. For Lenovo and Huawei it is the same.

The only manufacturer who is major and does vanilla android is Motorola and they had to change it because Motoblur was horrendous in the past. It was the worst skin, worst than Touchwiz at the time. And Motorola did it because it makes their updates quicker and it makes it easier for them.

Samsung doesn't care about easy, they care about providing a decent experience for mass consumers. Touchwiz and the S6 does that. It differentiates. It makes them stand out. If all Android phones were all vanilla and the OEMs put their apps on the Play store they wouldn't get their own unique experience for consumers out of the box.

And that is what Android is about, creating an experience that makes consumers pick up your device. And in real life, I never hear anyone with S5s or S4s or even S3s complain about the touchwiz, that is a strict internet complaint.

Sorry, something weird is going on with tapatalk. I see what you're saying now though. Most consumes who purchased any Samsung device usually throw a launcher on it immediately. Check out the forums at AC, I think I seen u over there. Majority of them prefer something other than touchwiz. Motoblur was terrible, I'll agree on that. What if Samsung released their high end devices like they've done before with the S4 ? The google play edition & a touchwiz variant ?

I disagree, Samsung consumers always complain about, the lag touchwiz seems cursed with. They tried to revamp it by cutting out a lot of the features previous generation galaxy devices had but in my opinion it still seems like the same Samsung touchwiz.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, something weird is going on with tapatalk. I see what you're saying now though. Most consumes who purchased any Samsung device usually throw a launcher on it immediately. Check out the forums at AC, I think I seen u over there. Majority of them prefer something other than touchwiz. Motoblur was terrible, I'll agree on that. What if Samsung released their high end devices like they've done before with the S4 ? The google play edition & a touchwiz variant ?

I disagree, Samsung consumers always complain about, the lag touchwiz seems cursed with. They tried to revamp it by cutting out a lot of the features previous generation galaxy devices had but in my opinion it still seems like the same Samsung touchwiz.

Yes seems like the same touch wiz to me also

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I really liked the S6, even with the mediocre battery life. But TouchWiz is still a memory hog. There were numerous times and occasions where I would see lag. With 3gb of RAM and the latest processor. That's a skin problem. They NEED to tone it down. They can still have some great additions without bogging the phone down.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I really liked the S6, even with the mediocre battery life. But TouchWiz is still a memory hog. There were numerous times and occasions where I would see lag. With 3gb of RAM and the latest processor. That's a skin problem. They NEED to tone it down. They can still have some great additions without bogging the phone down.

I agree, that's what I was trying to explain a few posts before. I think they can change they're software up a lot by toning down touchwiz & push it kinda in the direction of vanilla.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree, that's what I was trying to explain a few posts before. I think they can change they're software up a lot by toning down touchwiz & push it kinda in the direction of vanilla.

Yeah. That's why I switched to a 6 Plus. 1gb of RAM and it never lags or stutters. And I love the unadulterated OS. I can appreciate some of the things Samsung adds, but so much of it is still fluff that just weighs the user experience down.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Google Play Edition devices are done for. It didn't sell well anyways. People did complain about the previous Samsung S flagships being slow, but the S6 is super fast. And this iteration of Touchwiz is a lot more lean and clean.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox