Tried out the s6 edge for 4 days and immediately went back to iPhone 6 plus

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I also think Samsung would be a great competitor if they used pure Google, I've seen some s6 users starting to adapt to touch wiz but it still seems like Samsung forced it on them.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They have the same version of nexus 6 devices..... All are the SAME model. The only differences is the logo is added onto the device and in AT&T case a locked bootloader. They still are still the same and they difference in software is added once you add the carrier sim....will get the same update at the same time depending on when Google wants to. People put so much stock into updates but who cares. Idc when or if I get ios updates or Android....still the same experience with Android 4.4 and 5.0 just is called lollipop instead of kitkat. Yay? Ios 8.1 and 8.3? Yay?

It's asinine the people put so much stock into "faster" updates.... If it's a security thing they usually push them out faster but updates like 5.0 from 4.4 isn't a huge security update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Asinine to you.
But to me, and a lot of the members here it is important.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I also think Samsung would be a great competitor if they used pure Google, I've seen some s6 users starting to adapt to touch wiz but it still seems like Samsung forced it on them.

I agree, if Samsung dropped touchwiz & adopted pure Google. They're phones would be a hell of a lot better. I also agree again, I've seen some folks over at AC said they adapted to touchwiz. No offense, I don't think I ever could.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I agree, if Samsung dropped touchwiz & adopted pure Google. They're phones would be a hell of a lot better. I also agree again, I've seen some folks over at AC said they adapted to touchwiz. No offense, I don't think I ever could.

Me neither I've had a note 3, note 4, and s6 edge great phones but touch wiz is very annoying. I honestly can say the best android phone I've use is the htc evo.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Samsung would drop touchwiz when hell freezes over. Without touchwiz and Samsung specific apps and features, they lose the Samsung Edge ?. All Android manufacturers have to differentiate between each other and Samsung has done well and continues to do well because they differentiate with their software and specific hardware features.

I remember a time where everybody kept complaining that manufacturers should all drop skins until manufacturers themselves made their skins better and more useful then people realized their not that bad. Samsung with the S6 is the best version of touchwiz yet and personally looks nice.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Samsung would drop touchwiz when hell freezes over. Without touchwiz and Samsung specific apps and features, they lose the Samsung Edge ?. All Android manufacturers have to differentiate between each other and Samsung has done well and continues to do well because they differentiate with their software and specific hardware features.

I remember a time where everybody kept complaining that manufacturers should all drop skins until manufacturers themselves made their skins better and more useful then people realized their not that bad. Samsung with the S6 is the best version of touchwiz yet and personally looks nice.

Yes it may be good for some but from what I've been reading the s6 isn't doing well and the edge is just gimmicky. It looks great and I hope Samsung finds a way to implement there apps with the edge. Touch wiz I think is still a little overbearing at times.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung would drop touchwiz when hell freezes over. Without touchwiz and Samsung specific apps and features, they lose the Samsung Edge . All Android manufacturers have to differentiate between each other and Samsung has done well and continues to do well because they differentiate with their software and specific hardware features.

Samsung could drop touchwiz & continue using they're specific apps that differentiates them from other Android manufacturers as HTC. The edge feature, on the S6 really has nothing that says touchwiz about it. If they ran vanilla android, I can see them still using S voice, Samsung pay., those cool motion gestures the S5 had & etc.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes it may be good for some but from what I've been reading the s6 isn't doing well and the edge is just gimmicky. It looks great and I hope Samsung finds a way to implement there apps with the edge. Touch wiz I think is still a little overbearing at times.

I use the Note 4 as well with my iPhone. touchwiz kinda killed the whole experience for me along with Lollipop. I installed a third party launcher. It killed a lot of lag & stutter I was suffering from. I'm considering rooting it to put Kit Kat back on it

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I use the Note 4 as well with my iPhone. touchwiz kinda killed the whole experience for me along with Lollipop. I installed a third party launcher. It killed a lot of lag & stutter I was suffering from. I'm considering rooting it to put Kit Kat back on it

Will you be getting the note 5?

dakpluto

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
For the "rollout" stuff, I've always said that the vast variety of Android is both its strongest force and weakness. It's great that there is so many options. Look hard enough, you can find the phone that has all the exact hardware features you want. The price you pay...relying on manufacturer skins over AOSP for some of those features and 3rd party market that can be difficult because it's so hard to create things for the android phones. For Apple, the closed hardware system is also it's greatest strength and weakness. You either like iOS or not, you like the hardware or not. But the 3rd party market is much more easier to deal with because of this.

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
For the "rollout" stuff, I've always said that the vast variety of Android is both its strongest force and weakness. It's great that there is so many options. Look hard enough, you can find the phone that has all the exact hardware features you want. The price you pay...relying on manufacturer skins over AOSP for some of those features and 3rd party market that can be difficult because it's so hard to create things for the android phones. For Apple, the closed hardware system is also it's greatest strength and weakness. You either like iOS or not, you like the hardware or not. But the 3rd party market is much more easier to deal with because of this.

True indeed

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Woah, you are way off. The S6 and S6 Edge are doing VERY WELL. The S6 Edge sold much more than Samsung thought so they had to order more to be made. This year might be the best for Samsung in the last couple years since the S3. And the S6 Edge is more proof of concept than gimmicky I think. Who thought a phone could curve at both sides in 2015? A flagship at that.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Samsung could drop touchwiz & continue using they're specific apps that differentiates them from other Android manufacturers as HTC. The edge feature, on the S6 really has nothing that says touchwiz about it. If they ran vanilla android, I can see them still using S voice, Samsung pay., those cool motion gestures the S5 had & etc.

No, they would never do that and I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. You are not understanding what I am saying. Android landscape is like the smartphone market as a whole. Everyone is doing everything they can to make people buy their stuff. For Samsung that is touchwiz and Samsung apps. For HTC, that is HTC Sense and HTC apps like Blinkfeed, for LG, its LG skin and apps. For Lenovo and Huawei it is the same.

The only manufacturer who is major and does vanilla android is Motorola and they had to change it because Motoblur? was horrendous in the past. It was the worst skin, worst than Touchwiz at the time. And Motorola did it because it makes their updates quicker and it makes it easier for them.

Samsung doesn't care about easy, they care about providing a decent experience for mass consumers. Touchwiz and the S6 does that. It differentiates. It makes them stand out. If all Android phones were all vanilla and the OEMs put their apps on the Play store they wouldn't get their own unique experience for consumers out of the box.

And that is what Android is about, creating an experience that makes consumers pick up your device. And in real life, I never hear anyone with S5s or S4s or even S3s complain about the touchwiz, that is a strict internet complaint.

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Woah, you are way off. The S6 and S6 Edge are doing VERY WELL. The S6 Edge sold much more than Samsung thought so they had to order more to be made. This year might be the best for Samsung in the last couple years since the S3. And the S6 Edge is more proof of concept than gimmicky I think. Who thought a phone could curve at both sides in 2015? A flagship at that.

From reports that I've read there saying the s6 isn't doing good and actually the s5 is doing better. I've also ready that 10 million have been shipped but we all know that doesn't mean sold. I can post the article link on here if you would like, yes?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If OEM's dropped their company UI is the day I drop Android. I've been on Xperia phones the last 2 years.

1. Sony has better features than stock.

2. Sony optimized their software better than google themselves since 4.2.2. I'm currently running 5.02 on Sony and it took until 5.11 to get my nexus to run this well. It's been like this for the last couple of versions.

3. Most of the complaining about android is from iPhone switchers who thing Samsung is Android.

4. Nexus phones have ****ty QC because the OEM's making them don't care and it shows.

Thank you. Those customized experiences are what make Android, well, Android. And what made skins stand out for so long is that they added features to Android and they still do. Samsung has dual multitasking on all their high end phones, LG has that multitasking thing where you can have several small apps on top of other apps. HTC Blinkfeed is an RSS Reader and Social Network reader in one.

And you are correct, majority of complaints I see about Android are people who tried a terrible Android phone or an older Samsung one.

And Nexus devices have had quality control issues for years. The Nexus 6 had light bleed, screen burn in, and screen lifting issues. It was just awful. Not to mention the Nexus 6 was slow when it first came out.

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site

And in my opinion and a lot others including Marques brownlee it is gimmicky and most people aren't buying it for the edge functionality which it really doesn't have much not like the note edge but mainly because of its looks.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
From reports that I've read there saying the s6 isn't doing good and actually the s5 is doing better. I've also ready that 10 million have been shipped but we all know that doesn't mean sold. I can post the article link on here if you would like, yes?

Post the link please. Because I have seen several reports where the S6 and S6 Edge are doing well. And shipped is sold for the manufacturer.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
And in my opinion and a lot others including Marques brownlee it is gimmicky and most people aren't buying it for the edge functionality which it really doesn't have much not like the note edge but mainly because of its looks.

Ok, the looks are like 90% of the gimmick. And it looks fantastic. And I don't always agree with Marques Brownlee. He doesn't like anything from Samsung besides the Note and even then he used an alternative launcher. He mainly uses a Oneplus One and a Nexus 6. Two devices I don't like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner