Why am I lagging a bit on my iphone 6 plus when playing for example simcity buildit, but my friend with iphone 5 isn't lagging at all?

Thanks in advance!
    05-11-2015 11:59 AM
    Since the app says it’s optimized for the iPhone 6, I would suggest you verify the speed/stability of your network connection.
    05-11-2015 12:14 PM
    Used same network.
    05-11-2015 12:15 PM
    Used same network.
    Well, if you have the same version of the game, I would suggest the following in order:

1) Verify game settings.

2) Restart your phone.

3) Reset network settings on the iPhone.

4) Uninstall/Reinstall the game.
    05-11-2015 12:19 PM
    I checked many iPhone 6 plus units and found out that they actually lag if you have some widgets that update content in real time, like stocks, weather, etc. Try to pull down the Notification Center on the lock screen or with the reminders app being open. It also lags frequently when quitting apps. If you have many time reminders, try to see the scheduled screen in the portrait layout and try to scroll, you will see a severe lag. However, in the landscape it is smooth. I thought my unit was faulty, but then I went to different stores and checked display units , and they all have lag in the described scenarios. I also did factory reset, but no result, same lag.
    iPhone 6 doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-11-2015 01:14 PM
    Hi, my iPhone 6 plus really has lags here and there

05-11-2015 01:27 PM
    If you have widgets that update in the real time, that will cause a lag. Just try to pull out the Notification Center from the lock screen. There frequent lag when quitting apps. However the iPhone 6 doesn't have it.
    I thought my unit was faulty. Then I went to stores and checked several display units, they all had the lag when the Notification Center is pulled from lock screen several times.

05-11-2015 01:30 PM
    If you have widgets that update their content, try to pull the Notification Center from the lock screen. You will see some lag

05-11-2015 01:32 PM
    I thought this was only my unit, but I checked several devices, all had the lag in that scenario

05-11-2015 01:33 PM
    If you have widgets that update in the real time, that will cause a lag. Just try to pull out the Notification Center from the lock screen. There frequent lag when quitting apps. However the iPhone 6 doesn't have it
    Be careful with your wording here because when I read this, it makes it sound as if you are making a blanket statement that all 6 plus devices will experience lag if widgets are running and updated in real time. I have the 6 plus, I have several real-time widgets running, and I do not experience lag. Also, display units in store are not a good measure of phone performance.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-11-2015 04:02 PM
    I will post a video tomorrow with this lag. It happens, as I observed, only at lock screen and when some apps are used. Reminders is one of those apps.

05-11-2015 04:32 PM
    I will post a video tomorrow with this lag. It happens, as I observed, only at lock screen and when some apps are used. Reminders is one of those apps.

You do not need to post a video. We will take your word for it. Just know that not everyone is experiencing lag on their iPhone 6 Plus.
    05-11-2015 04:38 PM
    If you have widgets that update in the real time, that will cause a lag. Just try to pull out the Notification Center from the lock screen. There frequent lag when quitting apps. However the iPhone 6 doesn't have it.
    I thought my unit was faulty. Then I went to stores and checked several display units, they all had the lag when the Notification Center is pulled from lock screen several times.

Mine does not do this with the widgets that I have.
    05-11-2015 04:39 PM
    I checked many iPhone 6 plus units and found out that they actually lag if you have some widgets that update content in real time, like stocks, weather, etc. Try to pull down the Notification Center on the lock screen or with the reminders app being open. It also lags frequently when quitting apps. If you have many time reminders, try to see the scheduled screen in the portrait layout and try to scroll, you will see a severe lag. However, in the landscape it is smooth. I thought my unit was faulty, but then I went to different stores and checked display units , and they all have lag in the described scenarios. I also did factory reset, but no result, same lag.
    iPhone 6 doesn't.

Let's say for the sake of argument that ALL iPhone 6 Plus units do as you say. Now what? Are we all suppose to go postal on Apple or something?
    05-11-2015 04:42 PM
    If you read my wording carefully, you would see that I didn't that all of the iPhone 6 plus have this issue. What I said is that I tried to reproduce this fault on several devices, one is mine, the other is my brothers, and about 5 devices on displays of different shops. In all cases I was able to reproduce the same. So my statement is that this is very frequent. I also found that in Apple support forum there are some complaints regarding this.
    If I am bringing up this issue here, doesn't mean that I want to just blame this device, I just want to make the voice heard, so if there are enough complaints, Apple starts doing something about it.

05-11-2015 04:45 PM
    If you read my wording carefully, you would see that I didn't that all of the iPhone 6 plus have this issue. What I said is that I tried to reproduce this fault on several devices, one is mine, the other is my brothers, and about 5 devices on displays of different shops. In all cases I was able to reproduce the same. So my statement is that this is very frequent. I also found that in Apple support forum there are some complaints regarding this.
    If I am bringing up this issue here, doesn't mean that I want to just blame this device, I just want to make the voice heard, so if there are enough complaints, Apple starts doing something about it.

I understand, but you're assuming that many others will view the lag as a nuisance in the manner in which you do. Anyway, it may be best to simply submit a bug report to Apple in this regard.
    05-11-2015 04:49 PM
    I used to have iPhone 4s long time ago. That device was really smooth. I switched to android and recently switched back to iOS again. So now I see that iOS now is not what it used to be back then.

05-11-2015 04:49 PM
    That's why I tried to explain in detail, so others could of reproduce it too. My brother has been using his new device since its launch , but never noticed the issue until I showed it to him on my device and then on his too. So there are many people who just don't see it. I want to make them see it, and then submit a bug to Apple and others would join too. This will make them react promptly.
    However, I didn't get to know how it works with Apple support yet.

05-11-2015 04:54 PM
    the problem is just that its not running so smooth on the game, everything loads faster than the iphone 5 but doesnt run as smooth.
    05-11-2015 05:05 PM
    I used to have iPhone 4s long time ago. That device was really smooth. I switched to android and recently switched back to iOS again. So now I see that iOS now is not what it used to be back then.

Again with the blanket generalization. Do you mean to say that 'for you', iOS now is not what it used to be back then? Because my 6 plus running 8.3 is just as smooth if not better than my 4S was running iOS 5.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    05-11-2015 05:23 PM
    That's why I tried to explain in detail, so others could of reproduce it too. My brother has been using his new device since its launch , but never noticed the issue until I showed it to him on my device and then on his too. So there are many people who just don't see it. I want to make them see it, and then submit a bug to Apple and others would join too. This will make them react promptly.
    However, I didn't get to know how it works with Apple support yet.

That's the problem. YOU want to force others to notice something that they wouldn't otherwise notice or even care about. If they are not seeing it on their own, how do you expect them to care, especially when it does not affect their overall smartphone usage? It won't. Your quest will be in vain, in my opinion. You are better off submitting a bug report to Apple as I suggested above, in my opinion.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    05-11-2015 05:49 PM
    Big format phones push way more pixels than something like the 5s......3X as many in fact. The 5s has a screen dimension that was introduced five years ago (I know because I had it on my Droid X (4.25") when I bought it in 2010 but is now pushed by faster, modern electronics and OS. You very infrequently see much in the way of lag discussions on Android forums since it is recognized and accepted that they will not run lickety split due to their resolution, screen size and multitasking. BTW, my last two phones were the Samsung Note 2 and Note 3. The 6 plus is at least as quick as the Note 3 and gets far better battery life. For those who still prefer the 5s I would think you could simply return the 6 (plus) for a small restocking fee within a couple of weeks.
    Pandurr likes this.
    05-12-2015 09:32 AM
    Of course there is always the placebo factor that thirteen year olds forget to calculate before discussions like this take place. FWIW I've had zero lag on my 6 plus since day one, and haven't really seen much talk of it in general ...
    I for one would most likely be pointing my finger at the game rather than the hardware here ...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-13-2015 10:14 AM
    I have my 6 Plus right here in front of me and my friends iPhone 5S...I play SimCity Build It almost daily, and he just loaded it on his phone. The only "lag" I notice is based on the server connection to the game server providing the community marketplace portion...this is happening on both of our devices. My 6 Plus loads the game faster than his 5S...and no other performance lag outside of that server lag is showing up on my device at all.

This game isn't really a graphics intensive game so it's not one that would push even the older iPhone model...their marketplace server is terrible though.
    05-13-2015 12:47 PM

It's definitely not what it used to be back then...it's much better now.
    05-13-2015 12:49 PM
35 12