My iphone 6 plus will randomly drop an hour off the time. Phone charges properly and I have selected for the phone to set time automatically and the proper time zone. This just started happening a few weeks ago. If I restart the phone the correct time is displayed, and if I do nothing it will eventually correct itself. I have not seen this problem on any of the forums. Have any suggestions?
    05-07-2015 01:58 PM
  2. HankAZ said: Best Answer

My iphone 6 plus will randomly drop an hour off the time. Phone charges properly and I have selected for the phone to set time automatically and the proper time zone. This just started happening a few weeks ago. If I restart the phone the correct time is displayed, and if I do nothing it will eventually correct itself. I have not seen this problem on any of the forums. Have any suggestions?
    If you have the setting such that the time is set "automatically", it is pulling the time from the local cell towers. So, if you are seeing some level of wonkiness with "automatic" time, I'd look at your cell service provider and their cell towers as the source of your problems. It's a pretty good bet that the issue lies there, and not with your phone or its software.
    I've yet to experience that with my iPhone 6 Plus so I don;t know what to tell you. Does it occur if you disable the "set Automatically" option and just manually set the date and time?
    05-07-2015 02:06 PM
    If you have the setting such that the time is set "automatically", it is pulling the time from the local cell towers. So, if you are seeing some level of wonkiness with "automatic" time, I'd look at your cell service provider and their cell towers as the source of your problems. It's a pretty good bet that the issue lies there, and not with your phone or its software.
    05-07-2015 02:06 PM
    Based on my past experience this is most likely the cause. Probably a server issue at a data center for your carrier.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
    05-07-2015 06:06 PM
    I have a similar problem with my cars media center...if I set it to automatically adjust time based on network connection, it will occasionally read an hour behind for whatever reason. I have a feeling it's because sometimes it connects to a part of the network where there is a daylight savings time setting issue. I just turn that feature off and it never has the problem...guessing the iPhone can act the same way if given the opportunity.
    05-07-2015 06:17 PM
    Maybe it's telling you that you made a bad decision, and it's taking you back in time to remedy said decision.
    mac_stang likes this.
    05-08-2015 07:07 PM
    Maybe it's telling you that you made a bad decision, and it's taking you back in time to remedy said decision.
    And what would be the "better" decision?
    05-08-2015 09:12 PM
    That depends on how it's remedied.
    05-10-2015 07:44 PM
    Are you near a time zone border or located in Arizona?
    05-11-2015 01:58 PM
    If it's true that the fault lies with the towers etc why does this not appear to occur to other near by users, eg my wife's iPhone?
    01-29-2016 03:23 AM