My iPhone 6 Plus: to screen protect or not to screen protect: that's the question?

someoneinpnw

May 6, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus: to screen protect or not to screen protect: that's the question

bought the plus last week. Beautiful screen. still debating myself whether I should go get a screen protector. The screen looks and feels tough to me already and with or without screen protector, I have always been a gentle user. I am willing to accept some tiny scratches under the light a year from now. I mean, after all it's only a phone.

Are you guys using screen protector?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 Plus: to screen protect or not to screen protect: that's the question

I'm not and never have. Besides, I've got AppleCare Plus so it's a non-issue for me....;)

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 Plus: to screen protect or not to screen protect: that's the question

I have a glass screen protector on mine. I won't go with another plastic protector. They scratch too easily.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Better safe than sorry?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Up until this generation of iPhone, I would have scoffed at the idea...but after watching it save my wife's device not once, not twice but THREE times now, I'm a firm believer that they are well worth it...not to mention the Zagg glass covers really don't even look like anything on the device itself. I won't own another iPhone without using one personally...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm not that particularly careful with my phones and I've never needed to use a screen protector. Phone is usually in my pocket with nothing else and my iPhone screens have held up just fine.

I personally find screen protectors awful looking.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Anti glare screen protector for me. It's a nice matte finish, looks and feels great, and on my previous iPhone 6 it got a nasty scratch but the screen underneath was untouched. So when I got the Plus, it was a no brainer. I do have Apple Care but I'd rather not have to go through the hassle of replacing my device if I don't have to.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I use a Spigen protector that's plastic just for scratch protection.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I never have... but I am one who takes good care of my stuff... and have AppleCate+

I am the same way and I take very good care of my gear so it's a non issue and I also have Apple Care plus.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

I have hated them and never use them and have never scratched or damaged a screen, but i got the Glass one and really like it for my new 6 Plus 128Gb, no bubbles, smooth and looks good with my UAG maverick. Will probably get AC too just incase. This phone is worth $1445 here in Australia.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Plus: to screen protect or not to screen protect: that's the ques...

I have & really like the glass screen protector. I carry my phone in back pocket & toss mine in a tool bag when I get busy.
Let me add though, I am OCD and scratch free

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

missy8787

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

I have a glass screen protector and love it

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

If there is a quality tempered glass screen protector for it, which obviously there is for any iPhone, then I would. The feel is the same to me and there is really no disadvantages with it.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Previously always used those protectors. Glass, plastic whatever. Don't do it anymore. I hate putting them on and they seem to scratch easier than the actual glass. So then you either have to use your phone with a scratched protector or put another one on and it will get scratched eventually as well.

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site

I honestly never had a screen protector on any of my phones, but I think you should get a protector. Whats the harm in getting a protector, you are only saving yourself from a cracked screen. Plus, you wont even notice a big difference with a protector and without. Just for the heck of it, get a screen protector. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711