Iphone 6 plus heating up a lot

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
My family just switching from sprint to tmobile. As a result i had to give up my iPhone 6 64gb for an iPhone 6 plus 128gb. Lately i have noticed my iPhone getting hot in the upper right hand corner. None of my previous phones have done this. Im not doing anything processor or grafic intensive. Just texting calling and the occasional snapchat. I have called apple and restored which has caused me to lose all of my stuff pretty much. i can't go to the apple store until this weekend because i am 15 and don't drive. The phone isn't like getting too hot to handle but too hot for my taste i guess you could say. please help me

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You need to take the iPhone to an Apple Store (like you said) and get them look at it. . . . I have an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and it does not even get warm, so I’m guessing that is not normal.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely not normal operation...if you're not playing graphic intensive games or streaming media for long periods of time, that thing shouldn't be getting hot at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No I don't play anything graphic intensive. Like I just text and use social media

Dude, have you made a Genius Bar Appointment with the nearest Apple Store yet? If not, what are you waiting on? As already stated, what you're experiencing is not normal so don't wait until it burns your house down to realize you should have taken the device to an Apple Store to have it checked out.

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 6 plus since February and mine gets warm/hot when it's in my case. I've been to the Apple Store and they've said nothing other than its fine. When I don't use a case it's fine, like normal but that's normal for any phone.

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 6 plus since February and mine gets warm/hot when it's in my case. I've been to the Apple Store and they've said nothing other than its fine. When I don't use a case it's fine, like normal but that's normal for any phone.

I have tried that and it makes no difference. No matter how I take the phone out the case or clear things it makes no difference.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Happens to me sometimes too. But mostly while I'm charging and sometimes when I have the brightness all the way up.

flyer8493

May 8, 2015
Visit site
How is your signal level when it's hot? I had an android phone that would get hot whenever I had a crappy signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I went through the exact same thing on my iPhone. But I fixed it. Its basically a software issue. The cpu of your phone gets to 100% potential even for little tasks such as texting or calling thus going hot (Which it should only get when you're playing graphic intensive games or something that requires cpu power). The fix? I just installed a fresh copy of iOS 8.3 on my iPhone and voila! All that heat up problems went away. Please make sure to set up your iPhone as new when you restore. I'm positive it will fix your problem.

Austin Turner3

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same exact problem. Except, I'm on iOS 10.2. I'll just be on Snapchat, texting, or maybe subway surfers. My iPhone 6s Plus gets warm/hot in the right corner by the camera and has been doing it for a long time. I contacted apple and they actually gave me a brand new phone and it does the exact same. I have asked friends with the same phone or older and they have never had a problem with there iPhones gettin warm or hot and we do the exact same thing. Will someone please help me figure out why my iPhone is doing this. It's only 4 months old.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods