Newcomer

brandonflan

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I'm coming to the dark side! I currently have a Galaxy Note 4, and while I love Android (I used to blindly hate Apple for apparently no credible reason), I must admit...I'm going for the 6 Plus...128GB. It's the same screen size (nearly) as my current phone, the Google apps work perfectly and let me be honest; I just need a change. I will be converting the wife as well.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about tech, but even I'm not a complete genius, so I look forward to meeting and fellowshipping with all of you resident Apple fans.

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Cool. You won't be disappointed in my opinion, I used to be an android user for the longest.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! We're glad you're here, and I look forward to reading your posts. Also, nice phone choice. (I love my iPhone 6 Pus 128GB.)

Wraithseeker

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Thats a really big storage size but I believe you will love the 6 Plus. I never regretted moving to the large screen as opposed to iphone 6 screen size.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought this WAS the dark side! Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm coming to the dark side! I currently have a Galaxy Note 4, and while I love Android (I used to blindly hate Apple for apparently no credible reason), I must admit...I'm going for the 6 Plus...128GB. It's the same screen size (nearly) as my current phone, the Google apps work perfectly and let me be honest; I just need a change. I will be converting the wife as well.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about tech, but even I'm not a complete genius, so I look forward to meeting and fellowshipping with all of you resident Apple fans.

Same here. I despised the iphone as well. But have an iPad, go figure. I switched a few days ago. So far so good. The only issue I am having is I can't find a good comparable google keep app and the camera on the note 4 is better imo. But this is not enough for me to go back to android at this point.

brandonflan

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I can't wait...I feel a little excited. The wife will be getting her phone at the end of this month (last big thing we can buy for ourselves before baby #2 arrives and we gotta spend an arm and a leg for daycare LOL). I'll be burning my T-Mobile upgrade in June.

I admit, I have some trepidation about battery life and RAM. Anyone having trouble with these on iOS? I've spent the last few days at work (I work at Sprint) playing with the live demo, so I love the Google "integration". But in real world conditions, does the battery hold up pretty well?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and I came over from the Blackberry world to a 6+ 64 and I love the larger screen for viewing emails and documents.

I too was concerned about hearing the device only having a gig of ram, but I have never had any issues with opening my apps and/or performing any of the daily task on my device.

The one thing I will say is the apps in the Apple app store are a lot more polished then their competitors and are updated more frequently which gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling I want being the device is my daily driver which I depend on to run my business.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome! Just made the exact same switch. :) There are some things you are going to love, most things, but a few things you will miss, like the back arrow for example, but you adapt quickly enough.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait...I feel a little excited. The wife will be getting her phone at the end of this month (last big thing we can buy for ourselves before baby #2 arrives and we gotta spend an arm and a leg for daycare LOL). I'll be burning my T-Mobile upgrade in June.

I admit, I have some trepidation about battery life and RAM. Anyone having trouble with these on iOS? I've spent the last few days at work (I work at Sprint) playing with the live demo, so I love the Google "integration". But in real world conditions, does the battery hold up pretty well?

My iPhone 6 plus blows the battery life out of the water compared to my note 4. Both on verizon. This is the main reason I keep using my iPhone for my daily phone.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 plus blows the battery life out of the water compared to my note 4. Both on verizon. This is the main reason I keep using my iPhone for my daily phone.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Battery life is definitely a proficiency of the iPhone 6 Plus.