Looks like I am locked in for life! Bye Bye Galaxy S6!

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I tried to switch to the Galaxy S6 over the past few days. I have to admit the phone is amazing! The screen is wonderful, the phone is a little faster than the iPhone and TouchWiz is not complete garbage anymore. The smaller screen really didn't affect me. It was kind of nice being able to handle it better, but at the same time I did miss the way the apps look on a bigger screen.

Here is where it got to me in the experience. The iPhone 6 plus is just SMOOTH! While on the S6 I noticed while using Twitter the scrolling was glitchy and the Vine app would stop playing videos after a while. I also have an issue with the battery on the phone. The average person is up and away from their charger for about 15 hours a day. For me that is 10 hour work day, 4 hours of school and 1 hour of commute in between all of these places. I am a firm believer that I should not have to charge my phone in this time only using it for a total of 3 hours with emails, texts and social media. The iPhone 6 plus lasts me 2 days sometime. I don't expect a smaller battery phone to last that long, but I think that I should be able to get throughout my day without having to worry about my phone not turning on.

Searching for help on the issue: Since I had all of these issues I returned the Galaxy S6 and got a new one. The T-Mobile rep said it HAD to be a faulty device. I said okay and took the replacement, re-downloaded everything while the phone was charging and took it off to go to work afterwards. When I got to work my WiFi connected and my WiFi calling started up. I noticed the SAME issue with my battery and at this point i was like what the hell is going on. I researched over at Android Central and seen all these issues with the battery and WiFi calling. There were a lot of guides to turn off Bluetooth, WiFi calling, VoLTE, NFC, Location and screen brightness to fix this issue that should be fixed in the next release of Android.

So I took to Twitter!: I asked T-Mobile support and the CEO of T-Mobile why my iPhone 6 and 6 plus can get a full day of battery and this phone can not. I also stated in a DM to Samsung support that these issues are with a lot of people. NEITHER company will even admit that these issues exist. Neither company can tell me when the next version of Android will be released to fix the issue. Neither company will give me any other options besides disabling everything I got the smartphone for.

With that said, I believe Android Lollipop is superior to iOS is every way. Notifications, multi-tasking, speed and customization. But, when you can't even get a clear response on when an issue will be fixed (they wouldn't even admit that the issue exists) I don't find it worth spending 700+ dollars to own something. Lets hope one day a company will get Android right, but until then looks like I will be sticking with the iPhone in the near future.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Lag, battery drain, re sale, 0 support, and Samsung and updates don't go together. My reasons for using iPhone as my main phone. I just sold a Note Edge (my second phone) that had a beautiful screen but battery drain and not being smooth got to me. It did improve after Lollipop a bit. I prefer iPhone notifications.

I just swapped from a 6 to a 6 Plus, have a guy trying to swap me a White S6 for my IP6 but he wants $50 as well lol.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am all with you. Tried to be friend with a Galaxy S6 Edge for five days but it ain't gonna happen. Battery is bad if you don't tweak the phone and disable apps and sync. And the software still lags sometimes and the jerky scrolling in Facebook, Twitter and so on is so irritating. Back to the plus again and sending the edge back to Samsung

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe Android Lollipop is superior to iOS is every way.

Apparently not...but I'm sure we'll be seeing a thread with some good ol' fashioned iPhone hate in the future when they get the battery stuff sorted out on Lollipop. Who wants to put the popcorn on?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
It seems lollipop is better on 5.1. I get good battery life on my nexus 6 but not as good with my note 4. Neither are as good as my iPhone 6 plus which has the best battery life of any phone I've ever used.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Apparently not...but I'm sure we'll be seeing a thread with some good ol' fashioned iPhone hate in the future when they get the battery stuff sorted out on Lollipop. Who wants to put the popcorn on?

Why android user hate iPhone and apple ?

if u go android forum or YouTube android phone review , u see android user always hate iPhone and try to say somethings bad about iPhone

while iPhone forum , windows forum or event blackberry user they don't really have that much hate
we might complain android lag , freeze and error but not those hate and discrimination you will see on android forum or YouTube comment about iPhone and apple

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I'm currently taking a few days away for a bit of much needed R&R... It's camping, pretty bad connection, up here but still doable. And every time I enter the restroom, there are at least 3 women standing there charging their phones. All Samsungs. Older Samsungs, newer Samsungs, doesn't matter. I've been there since Thursday and charged my phone once. Granted I don't use it as much since I'm hiking and purposely staying away from any work related stuff but still.
I also seem to be getting connection faster than they can, and we're all on Verizon.
4 of them have said that the last update has been a disaster and that much as they "hate" iPhones, they're seriously considering switching when they get back to town.
I've also seen people who seem very happy with their Android devices but they're not Samsung.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
That is why I love my 6+. I can use it as much as I want to throughout the day without worrying about battery life. My cousin got the s6, barely used it while at work, and come home with an almost dead battery. Meanwhile, I stayed home and used it the whole time and it was at 55 percent. With Apple you don't have to tweet anyone (assuming you live close to an Apple store) you can just book an appointment and you're good to go.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I decided to try android again so picked up an S6 3 weeks ago. It took the first 2weeks to get the bugginess sorted out. Now it's as smooth as is possible and it is really pretty darn sweet. I'm keeping my 6+ and I must say nothing can compare to the battery life and beautiful smoothness of the 6+. I like the S6 for the sheer customiziation possibilities. The iPhone wins for overall best smoothness. Battery life while noticibly better on the 6+ is fine on the S6 as well and I always can get thru a day with either device. The smaller size takes getting used to with the S6, but after the 3 past weeks I am seeing the smaller size as a positive thing for everyday usage. Watching a video then of course the 6+ wins as that gorgeous screen and the plus size there is no contest. But everyday usage I prefer the better pocketability and ease of one handed use the S6 affords.
Both are what they are and both are awesome devices, and that's why I'm keeping both.

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I honestly dont hate either phones. IPhone or Samsung Galaxy s6. They are both wonderful phones and they are both on the top of the list for smart phones. Apple and Samsung are always competing with each other, so I feel like they have a lot of similar qualities.Just my opinion.

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
I've been an Android user for the last 3 years.(after using all of the iPhones from the original to the 4s) I became one of those haters. To iPhone users I apologize. Fast forward to this past Friday, I bought my wife a 6+ for her birthday/Mothers Day and WOW I'm impressed. iOS has really changed over the years and I really like what it has to offer. Now I still love my Note 4 but I think I'm going to grab a 6+ to reintroduce myself back to iOS.

I'm done with the hate and silliness, each phone has great qualities and I'll enjoy each one for just that.

And by the way, I tried the S6 edge and I could not get over the battery life. Very bad. I did resets, exchanged phones and anything I could to remedy it. I get a good 6-8 hours with 2.5 SOT. Super cool phone if you live next to an outlet all day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2