2 Different Passcodes for Unlock & Privacy?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
Months ago I changed the passcode to unlock my phone in settings-touch ID & Passcode. Today I tried to go to settings-general-privacy, and it asked me for my passcode; but it wasn't the one I used to unlock my phone, it was my old one - and I can't figure out how to change it.
Anyone know ?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The passcode you're referring to is called the "Restrictions Pin Code", which is a separate code from your unlock master code for your phone. You have two options if you can't remember it...

Easy (but not convenient) - Restore your iPhone as a new phone (do not use your backup), just make sure you have your apps and contacts synced with whatever computer you'll use to add all this stuff back to the phone (it's going to take a while, prepare yourself)

Difficult (and probably still not convenient) - Follow this link to see a work around (it's...difficult to say the least, lol) https://nbalkota.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/recover-your-forgotten-ios-7-restrictions-pin-code/

...other than that, you're SOL. Good luck!

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Before attempting a third time I thought long and hard about what it could be and took a third try and nailed it. So good thing is I can get into the privacy restrictions, but I would like to change it to match my unlock code. I actually can't figure out how yo go this.
How do I change the restrictions pin code ?
I MUST be missing something dumb.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When you enable restrictions, it asks you for a pin # twice...whatever pin you enter at that time is the pin it is set to and the pin that is required to disable restrictions. Basically, anytime you enable restrictions, you can use whatever pin # you want, and it is only needed to be remembered to DISABLE the feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice