Is my iPhone unlocked

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
That number is not indicative of being specific to Tmobile, as the AT&T models also carry the same number...

iPhone 6 Models (A1549, A1586, A1589, A1522, A1524 and A1593) Differences

True. I was basing what I said off of Apple's Unlocked iPhone page.

d82635a4a201bd37436a5a283d6e719d.jpg

Hell, another Apple page confirms what you posted. I'll stop now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
All iPhones bought through Tmobile came factory unlocked...as were Verizon devices i believe (if I remember correctly).

I knew Verizon phones are unlocked. Didn't know about the T-Mobile phones though. I was told they were locked. You've just un-bummed me... Thanks! Not leaving TMO, but good to know if I went somewhere TMO doesn't have service or out of country, it's easy to swap SIMs and get going.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Did this stop with the iPhone 6/6 Plus? Because I've always had to manually have my iPhone's unlocked after the fact with AT&T for years now.

It's been the case for me since the 5. I got the 5 on launch day when they weren't offering the unlocked version. I paid full price for use on AT&T and it was unlocked. The 5S I bought subsidized, so no. And the 6 Plus I have now was a launch day device that I pre-ordered for AT&T and paid full price for. Unlocked.

The one thing all these things have in common: I made the purchase through Apple and not through AT&T.

Did you pay full price for your Plus you have now through Apple?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's been the case for me since the 5. I got the 5 on launch day when they weren't offering the unlocked version. I paid full price for use on AT&T and it was unlocked. The 5S I bought subsidized, so no. And the 6 Plus I have now was a launch day device that I pre-ordered for AT&T and paid full price for. Unlocked.

The one thing all these things have in common: I made the purchase through Apple and not through AT&T.

Did you pay full price for your Plus you have now through Apple?

Yup...iPhone 5, 5S and 6Plus all bought full retail through Apple...and none of them came unlocked, I had to contact AT&T to have the 5 and the 5S unlocked, and the 6 Plus I haven't bothered (since I use AT&T regardless), but I assumed it was the same.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yup...iPhone 5, 5S and 6Plus all bought full retail through Apple...and NONE of them came unlocked, I had to contact AT&T to have the 5 and the 5S unlocked, and the 6 Plus I haven't bothered, but I assumed it was the same.

Your phone is unlocked. I guarantee you that.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
All iPhones bought through Tmobile came factory unlocked...as were Verizon devices i believe (if I remember correctly).

I bought mine outright through T-Mobile and had to call to get it unlocked. Because I paid for the phone in full on purchase, I did';t have to wait the 40 days to get it unlocked. My phone was unlocked the same day I called and I got the email saying it was unlocked about three hours after calling. I verified the phone was locked the day I got it by inserting a AT&T sim. It said the sim was invalid.

Once the phone was unlocked, all I had to do was insert the AT&T sim, enter my iCloud email and password and it began working.

To get the unlocked version from the start, you have to buy it from Apple. T-Mobiles iPhones are all locked if bought from T-Mobile.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Bottom line is if you bought it direct from the Apple Store and paid full retail, it should be unlocked.

I have always bought my T Mobile iPhones directly from the Apple Store and every one has been factory unlocked for any GSM network. But, they will not work on Verizon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner