text message notifications

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It would be helpful to know what you've done so far to try and remedy this problem yourself...

- Have you done a hard restart to try and get the feature to work again?
- Has this issue happened before in the past?
- Have you had any other major issues with this device outside of this?
- Have you updated to the latest firmware?

...all of these things would be helpful to know in order to give you further suggestions.

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site
what's a hard restart? turning phone off then restart? yes if that's it yes I did
it's set to make my text ringtone twice
I have the latest software update 8.3
what else can I do and thank you for helping

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
what's a hard restart? turning phone off then restart? yes if that's it yes I did
it's set to make my text ringtone twice
I have the latest software update 8.3
what else can I do and thank you for helping

Hard restart is holding the power and home button down for 10sec. while the phone is put into a forced power down (instead of the normal power down using just the power button). Sometimes a hard restart will clear out things normal restarts won't.

If you've done that, you have a couple of options...you can try a restore via iTunes (make sure you have a recent backup), or take it to Apple for a repair/replacement (again, make sure you have a recent backup).

You could also try setting your text message alert to another set number, save it and power the phone down, then go back and set it to 2 again, and see if it knocks it back in order.

I have mine set to do the same thing, and have no problems with it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Or try Reset All Settings. Go to Settings >General >Reset> Reset All Settings This will reset all your settings, including alarms.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮