It's the 5s. I did it almost a month ago. People moving over from Android will get a sense of iOS but unfortunately the 5s is nothing like 6 plus other than they share the same OS. Specifically I found call quality (not the signal but the sound) much better on the plus. The 5s sounded pinched and a bit strident. I didn't enjoy talking on that phone. But I found signal strength/reception to be very comparable as was the functionality of the phone itself.
    05-21-2015 08:23 AM
    Currently, I have the iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2. I've been searching for the right combination of tech for some years now. I have tried the iPhone/iPad combo, Nexus 5/Nexus 7 combo, and Note 4 by itself. I also had a Chromebook for a while. It seems to be a toss up between the iPhone/iPad and a Nexus/Chromebook. We will see. I like continuity with my iPhone and iPad Air 2. Everything seems to gel together very well. But the Nexus/Chromebook combination is a far cheaper solution and I feel like a get the best of both worlds. Plus, the Chromebook has a life span of 4 years. So far I'm loving the iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-21-2015 08:56 AM
    Currently, I have the iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2. I've been searching for the right combination of tech for some years now. I have tried the iPhone/iPad combo, Nexus 5/Nexus 7 combo, and Note 4 by itself. I also had a Chromebook for a while. It seems to be a toss up between the iPhone/iPad and a Nexus/Chromebook. We will see. I like continuity with my iPhone and iPad Air 2. Everything seems to gel together very well. But the Nexus/Chromebook combination is a far cheaper solution and I feel like a get the best of both worlds. Plus, the Chromebook has a life span of 4 years. So far I'm loving the iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.

I also have the 6 plus and the air 2 and I have yet to find a single flaw in that combo.
    I'm headed to the high Sierras for work for 10 days and I'm not bothering taking my MacBook with me, it would just be added clutter.
    And now that I got the app that allows me to send multiple attachments (a huge thank you to qb) I'm really cruising.
    I used to have the Note 3 and the Note Pro: undoubtably very cool toys (until Samsung forced the Kitkat update on my phone) but there was no continuity and it really did slow down and hamper my work.
    Last night I was sending out emails from one device while writing work related notes on the other, everything appeared on both devices within seconds, I was pretty cool.
    I absolutely love this system.
    05-21-2015 09:39 AM

I'm right there with you. I've been flip flopping for years. Back and forth between Android and iOS. Always looking for the best combo of devices. I also liked the Nexus/Chromebook combo, but I hated the Chromebook options. Never had that solid middle ground. It was always the dirt cheap ones or the really expensive Pixel. Today, I'm settling on a 6 Plus/MBA combo. I think it'll give me everything I need. Sure it's more expensive, but it gives me what I've been missing. Great battery life and camera, and a more capable operating system on the computer.
    05-21-2015 10:49 AM
    I recently made this switch. I had a Note 4 back in November and made the switch to 6 Plus. I had the 6 Plus for a few months but then decided to go back to Note 4. Well....that second stint with the Note 4 only lasted 4 days lol lol. Luckily I was still within my 14 days so back to the iPhone 6 Plus I went. Yeah the Note 4 is a great phone with many features on it. But I found myself not really using none of them. Plus I don't like the fact that if I charged the Note 4 to 100%...unplug it right before I go to bed around 10:30....I wake up at 4:30 and it's already at 94-96% battery life left. But when I do my iPhone the same way it's still at 100%. That's even at 6am after I have drove to work and then checked email, weather, sports and etc on my phone. iPhone is for me. Going to give android a break for awhile. It's just something about iOS that draws you to it and want lol.
    runner7395 and msdedi like this.
    05-22-2015 01:12 PM
    I recently made this switch. I had a Note 4 back in November and made the switch to 6 Plus. I had the 6 Plus for a few months but then decided to go back to Note 4. Well....that second stint with the Note 4 only lasted 4 days lol lol. Luckily I was still within my 14 days so back to the iPhone 6 Plus I went. Yeah the Note 4 is a great phone with many features on it. But I found myself not really using none of them. Plus I don't like the fact that if I charged the Note 4 to 100%...unplug it right before I go to bed around 10:30....I wake up at 4:30 and it's already at 94-96% battery life left. But when I do my iPhone the same way it's still at 100%. That's even at 6am after I have drove to work and then checked email, weather, sports and etc on my phone. iPhone is for me. Going to give android a break for awhile. It's just something about iOS that draws you to it and want lol.
    Pretty much what I did. Im loving the 6+. Not looking at Android until the Note 5 comes out. Even then i'll look, but keep a distance lol. iOS is simple and just works. I sold 2 Note 4s within 2 weeks lol.
    05-22-2015 02:52 PM
    Pretty much what I did. Im loving the 6+. Not looking at Android until the Note 5 comes out. Even then i'll look, but keep a distance lol. iOS is simple and just works. I sold 2 Note 4s within 2 weeks lol.
    Definitely lol. I may peep the Note 5 as well but like you I will definitely keep my distance lol.
    05-22-2015 02:57 PM

What made you switch from the Note 4? I think I saw you over in the Android forum and it seemed like you were pretty happy with it. I'm just curious as I have both and enjoy both quite a bit.
    05-24-2015 04:45 PM
    What made you switch from the Note 4? I think I saw you over in the Android forum and it seemed like you were pretty happy with it. I'm just curious as I have both and enjoy both quite a bit.
    I have switched back and forth so many times. I still have the Note 4, but it's in a drawer not being used. I love it. Love everything about it. But I miss my iPad. Which doesn't work well with the Note 4 or any Android device at least not like it does with the iPhone obviously. So it's not like I dislike the Note 4. It's just that I sometimes enjoy my iPhone 6 Plus/iPad Air 2 combo better. And yes it takes both to outdo the Note 4. When I'm using my iOS combo, I have no need for the Note 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-24-2015 04:49 PM
    For the record, I've owned every model of iPhone ever made and also every Galaxy and Note phone ever made.

Recently I had the 6 plus and the Note 4 and spent a great deal of time doing side by side comparisons,,,,, features, battery life and especially the cameras.

The iPhone went by bye bye and I kept my Note 4,,,,,,, as a phone for me the winner was the Note 4,,,,,,, for tablets my iPad get more love than my Android tablets.

I use and love both platforms.

Cheers, Davyo
    05-25-2015 10:14 AM
    For the record, I've owned every model of iPhone ever made and also every Galaxy and Note phone ever made.

Recently I had the 6 plus and the Note 4 and spent a great deal of time doing side by side comparisons,,,,, features, battery life and especially the cameras.

The iPhone went by bye bye and I kept my Note 4,,,,,,, as a phone for me the winner was the Note 4,,,,,,, for tablets my iPad get more love than my Android tablets.

Cheers, Davyo
    What made you pick the Note 4 over the 6 Plus?
    05-25-2015 10:42 AM
    ....in your opinion which is not the definitive one....here's an opposite view:

"The battery performance on the Note 4 isn't quite as good as the Galaxy Note 3 then (which lost 13% in the same test), but with day-to-day usage you're unlikely to notice much of a difference."

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Battery life | TechRadar
    I trust real world reviews more than reviewers on websites who perform controlled tests that may not mirror actual usage. Unless there was a problem with the Note 4 (mostly associated with an update), I haven't seen anyone say that the battery life was worse on the 4 than the III. Needless to say, I disagree with your quote as I use my Note 4 more than I used my Note III and don't have to charge the 4 nearly as often.

Should I get a Note 3 or a Note 4? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    jd3seatown likes this.
    05-26-2015 03:02 PM

Cheers, Davyo
    Glad you have the right combo now.

I also had a note 4 for a few weeks to use alongside my 6 plus but I ultimately returned the note 4. It's a nice phone but I'm too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem now so it just didn't fit in and it felt like I had to keep making excuses to use it.
    05-27-2015 08:01 AM
    I trust real world reviews more than reviewers on websites who perform controlled tests that may not mirror actual usage. Unless there was a problem with the Note 4 (mostly associated with an update), I haven't seen anyone say that the battery life was worse on the 4 than the III. Needless to say, I disagree with your quote as I use my Note 4 more than I used my Note III and don't have to charge the 4 nearly as often.

Should I get a Note 3 or a Note 4? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Every recent Android phone I've owned, Note 3, Note 2, HTC Rezound does not come even close to the 6 Plus. Android loads up every fricken app on your phone into memory and will touch most of them at one time or another in the course of a day. Widgets eat up CPU cycles and they are a staple of Android. They are not in iOS. Ever see this on an Android?

Last edited by kargurin; 05-27-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    05-27-2015 09:32 AM
    Not sure of your point here. The point in my previous post was addressing the differences in battery life between the Note III and the Note 4. I would agree that the battery life on the iPhone 6 Plus is better than both of the Notes, though I can't attest to the battery life during usage because I use my iPhone in a different manner from my Notes. I do think that the standby time is better on the iPhone than on my Notes but, I have more accounts synced on my Notes, so it's hard for me to tell.
    05-27-2015 11:39 AM
    Point is that I'll need to put an new extended battery on a Note 4 because I've had to put them on the last 3. Especially since the 4 has 515 ppi vs 386 ppi for the 3. And a faster processor. Which makes me dubious of claims of better battery life. BTW I think designing a phone to push that many pixels is a waste. Beyond a certain point ppi is just for bragging rights like the camera resolution wars. Except that the more pixels you have the more resources you use to push them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk
    05-27-2015 11:52 AM
    I have to admit, there was a time where I was not the biggest Apple fan. I did not want to admit how incredible it was to have a collection of Apple Devices.

Especially now that handoff is available. I can be on my MBA, iPad, or phone and I will receive the same message on each device. It means I don't have to stop what I am doing to check my messages, or to see who is calling. I love this feature.

On Android a device doesn't just work straight out of the box. There is usually bloat ware you want to get rid of or hide, and you are very tempted to customize it all the time. I cannot tell you how many times I flashed a new ROM when I had an android device. It was not worth the time it took in the end. I got an iPhone 4S and since then I have been hooked on Apple devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kch50428 likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:41 AM
    Note 4 was my best phone I ever had changed carriers and tried S6 edge and was very unhappy, so before my two weeks were up I decided to go with 6 plus and am not looking back very happy
    06-06-2015 09:48 PM
    Definitely lol. I may peep the Note 5 as well but like you I will definitely keep my distance lol.
    Still riding things out with the 6+ or have you gone back to Android? I'm such a flip flopper it isn't even friggin funny. I can't decide what the h*** I want!
    06-08-2015 11:03 AM
    Still riding things out with the 6+ or have you gone back to Android? I'm such a flip flopper it isn't even friggin funny. I can't decide what the h*** I want!
    Still rocking the 6 Plus. I think I'm done with android for awhile. I flip flop so much and I always end back up with an iPhone lol. I have wasted so much money doing that over the years its not even funny at all. Nothing bad I can say about iPhone to be honest. I get great support from Apple....I get all the updates when they are released. I don't ever have to wonder if I will get the updates. Also now with iOS 9, they came out with a lot of the things I wanted them to add or make better. Like the battery saver mode...the updated Notes app....their own News app...and the dedicated iCloud app. Plus 80 percent of the people I text on the regular have iPhone...so that makes it easier to share files. iPhone is where I will be at for awhile.
    Wildo6882 and jdfry15 like this.
    06-08-2015 09:35 PM
    Still rocking the 6 Plus. I think I'm done with android for awhile. I flip flop so much and I always end back up with an iPhone lol. I have wasted so much money doing that over the years its not even funny at all. Nothing bad I can say about iPhone to be honest. I get great support from Apple....I get all the updates when they are released. I don't ever have to wonder if I will get the updates. Also now with iOS 9, they came out with a lot of the things I wanted them to add or make better. Like the battery saver mode...the updated Notes app....their own News app...and the dedicated iCloud app. Plus 80 percent of the people I text on the regular have iPhone...so that makes it easier to share files. iPhone is where I will be at for awhile.
    I hear ya man. I've been spending too much on this stuff since the BlackBerry days. I flip flop all the time and always end up on Android again. But I'm always looking for that one thing to make me stick. I gotta quit running through my kids' college funds for this stuff (I'm mostly kidding).

I love never having to worry about updates and support. It's a good feeling with Apple that you don't typically get on Android. But there's always something that draws me back to Android. But then when I'm on Android, there's always something I miss from iOS. It's a damn vicious cycle.
    06-08-2015 10:57 PM
    I hear ya man. I've been spending too much on this stuff since the BlackBerry days. I flip flop all the time and always end up on Android again. But I'm always looking for that one thing to make me stick. I gotta quit running through my kids' college funds for this stuff (I'm mostly kidding).

I love never having to worry about updates and support. It's a good feeling with Apple that you don't typically get on Android. But there's always something that draws me back to Android. But then when I'm on Android, there's always something I miss from iOS. It's a damn vicious cycle.
    I'm the same way. I'll be back on android before the weeks end I'm sure. Come Monday I'll probably have the 6 plus back in my pocket. Lol
    06-08-2015 11:13 PM
    I'm the same way. I'll be back on android before the weeks end I'm sure. Come Monday I'll probably have the 6 plus back in my pocket. Lol
    If I had more cash I'd honestly have a little bit of everything. Unfortunately I just can't afford it.
    06-08-2015 11:14 PM
    I just sold my note 4 and bought the LG g4. I also have the 6 plus. I'm to the point where I want to just leave android for good. I've had almost every phone. The g4 is one of the best phones I've used. Very smooth and fast no lag very nexus 6. But I'm getting like 3 to 3.5 hours screen time with no difference in usage from the note 4. I was tired of the note lagging and call quality. There is always something wrong with every android phone. The g4 is almost perfect but almost unusable with the battery. I can get 9 or 10 hours screen time with my iPhone and great call quality too.
    06-09-2015 07:32 PM
    Also had the LG G4 and it was ok. But I dont think you get 9-10 hours of screen time with your iPhone but 9-10 hours of usage but that is with background task and so. The usage time on iPhone under usage is not just when screen is on
    21stNow likes this.
    06-10-2015 01:45 AM
91 1234