I have been a Note user in addition to the iPhone since the Note 2. I have had the 6 Plus for about 5 months. That is the longest I have stayed on a single device in years. That alone should tell you something about how good the 6 plus is. I did finally cave and buy a Note 4 last week. I think the Note phones are great and the 4 is certainly the best one yet as it should be.

The Note 4 is great. It does all the things I love about the series. The screen is amazing. The S-Pen is better than ever and in my opinion if you hold each one naked the Note 4 is easier and has a better feel in the hand. The 6 Plus looks great but it is just harder to hold in my opinion. All of that is great but the most important thing for me is day to day usage. How does the phone handle the things I do the most? For me that is phone calls, messaging, email, pictures, music, podcasts and social media. This is where it gets tough for me. I prefer messages on iPhone and email on the Note. Pictures are a draw. Ease of use goes to iPhone and options goes to Note with quality being close enough between the two. Music and podcasts goes to iPhone hands down. I do use google music but I can do that on the 6 Plus just fine. Social media is just better on the iPhone. The apps run better and look better.

So at the end of the day you have to find what works for you. I used to think that I could not go without all the options to make my phone look as I want but that's just not true. I adjusted. I still think the Note is a great phone and tool. At the end of the day the 6 Plus runs smooth and does the day to day job very well. Oh and my family uses iPhone and iPad. The connection to them is great and important. Good luck with your choice. It's a personal one that no one can make but you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent post and very fair comparison! Thanks!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-28-2015 01:39 PM
    Androids are a ton of fun... when they work.
    My experience has been that nice as they are with the OS they ship out with, they become worthless duds after software updates.
    I've had several Motorolas and several Samsungs and everytime it was the same thing.
    I honestly don't think I'm cut out for Android, to be honest.
    I have the 6 Plus, now and everyday I'm thankful for it.
    I just averted a major crisis with ... The IRS, of all things, all from my phone and it was easy. For Techtard extraordinaire little me.
    Sure, anyone else could have done the same thing from an Android but... Android hates me, lol.
    verks likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:14 PM
    Androids are a ton of fun... when they work.
    My experience has been that nice as they are with the OS they ship out with, they become worthless duds after software updates.
    I've had several Motorolas and several Samsungs and everytime it was the same thing.
    I honestly don't think I'm cut out for Android, to be honest.
    I have the 6 Plus, now and everyday I'm thankful for it.
    I just averted a major crisis with ... The IRS, of all things, all from my phone and it was easy. For Techtard extraordinaire little me.
    Sure, anyone else could have done the same thing from an Android but... Android hates me, lol.
    Sorry you have had bad experiences with Android. I remember as recently as three or four years ago when Android wasn't quite as stable, but honestly, the last three I've owned have run as smoothly as my iPad. I personally think both OSs have come a long way to maturity. I could live and be happy with either, but as much as I love my iPad and moving soon to an iMac, it's time to go all in and enjoy the continuity. Looks like you found what makes you happy too! In the end, that's what it's all about
    04-28-2015 09:40 PM
    imo, I think the note 4 has more to offer then the 6+ but that's just me. My last iphone is a 5s (still have it) and I think the 6+ is almost just a bigger version of it.
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:46 PM
    imo, I think the note 4 has more to offer then the 6+ but that's just me. My last iphone is a 5s (still have it) and I think the 6+ is almost just a bigger version of it.
    I just did the exact opposite from the OP I am planning on getting a macbook pro 15 inch in the near future and went from an iphone 5s to a galaxy s6 and don't regret it at all. I loved my iphone 5s on ios 7, but couldn't stand it on ios 8 even after the new updates. It was just too buggy for me. I almost got the note 4 but decided if I was going to android I should at least get the baddest one out. My friend has a 6+ and it's a great phone, ios just isn't the ios I fell in love with anymore. I will probably only have macs from now on though they walk laps around windows computers and just plain work.
    04-28-2015 10:25 PM
    I'm just hoping I find them at least equal. Would hate to sell the N4 AND add a little cash to move to the 6 plus and be unhappy with it, especially since it is a phone I really like. Wish there was a way to test drive a 6 plus for a week to see if we're a good fit.
    04-29-2015 12:18 AM
    I just did the exact opposite from the OP I am planning on getting a macbook pro 15 inch in the near future and went from an iphone 5s to a galaxy s6 and don't regret it at all. I loved my iphone 5s on ios 7, but couldn't stand it on ios 8 even after the new updates. It was just too buggy for me. I almost got the note 4 but decided if I was going to android I should at least get the baddest one out. My friend has a 6+ and it's a great phone, ios just isn't the ios I fell in love with anymore. I will probably only have macs from now on though they walk laps around windows computers and just plain work.
    Been there done that, macs and Samsung phones just don't play well together.
    04-29-2015 05:55 AM
    Been there done that, macs and Samsung phones just don't play well together.
    Yeah I'll still have my 1 yeast old lenovo laptop, so I can use that if I have to. I have play music that let's me download all the music I want, so I really haven't had to plug it in for anything yet.
    04-29-2015 07:00 AM
    I'm thinking about leaving Android once and for all for a 6 Plus. I'm giving the Nexus 6 a shot, first. I'm just looking for something that works, works well, and has a great battery. I've been an Android guy for years, always dipping my toes into iOS and always coming back to Android. But I'm just getting tired of every new Android phone having a large share of issues. I know iPhones aren't error free, but they seem to be much less prone to issues.
    sinclac likes this.
    05-04-2015 02:10 PM
    I'm thinking about leaving Android once and for all for a 6 Plus. I'm giving the Nexus 6 a shot, first. I'm just looking for something that works, works well, and has a great battery. I've been an Android guy for years, always dipping my toes into iOS and always coming back to Android. But I'm just getting tired of every new Android phone having a large share of issues. I know iPhones aren't error free, but they seem to be much less prone to issues.
    There are pluses and minuses to both systems. You just have to find out what works for you. The 6 Plus is a great phone. Definitely one of my favorite phones I've ever had. I picked up a Note 4 as well. They are both awesome. Just different. Have not tried the nexus 6 but I know some that love it. Just depends on how you use your phone and what you use with it. Can't go wrong with any of those phones in my opinion as long as it does what you need.

Sent from my Note 4
    05-04-2015 02:18 PM
    If you like to fiddle with your Android and change widgets, themes etc. you'll find yourself doing less of it with an iphone since it mostly can't be done unless you want to get into the guts of the OS. Which can be a blessing in itself. BTW, the Iphone 6 plus battery is outstanding. Just keep a handle on background apps and location settings and this thing will go all day with juice to spare. Can't say the same for Android. My Note 3 ate my battery to shreds.
    05-04-2015 04:11 PM
    In the spirit of May 4th... Yoda said do or do not do - there is no try... So - Go - or don't go - there is no thinking...
    05-04-2015 04:21 PM
    I own both of them. But you should try out iphone 6 plus in apple store then you decide. Honestly i love both of them best phones

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    05-12-2015 05:48 PM
    Love both phones, but ultimately decided to stick with the 6+. I've been on android from the start. My whole family can not believe I made the switch completely. I just sold my Note 4 yesterday. I'll check out the Note 5 when it comes out. But I'm pretty content as is.
    05-13-2015 11:46 AM
    There are pluses and minuses to both systems. You just have to find out what works for you. The 6 Plus is a great phone. Definitely one of my favorite phones I've ever had. I picked up a Note 4 as well. They are both awesome. Just different. Have not tried the nexus 6 but I know some that love it. Just depends on how you use your phone and what you use with it. Can't go wrong with any of those phones in my opinion as long as it does what you need.

Sent from my Note 4
    Well said. I'm one of those who love the Nexus 6. But all three look like great devices to me.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    05-13-2015 12:37 PM
    I just came back and bought a 6 plus after a 3 day affair with the S6 edge. Loved the phone but the 2 hours of screen on time left a lot more to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-13-2015 12:41 PM
    If you like to fiddle with your Android and change widgets, themes etc. you'll find yourself doing less of it with an iphone since it mostly can't be done unless you want to get into the guts of the OS. Which can be a blessing in itself. BTW, the Iphone 6 plus battery is outstanding. Just keep a handle on background apps and location settings and this thing will go all day with juice to spare. Can't say the same for Android. My Note 3 ate my battery to shreds.
    The OP is thinking of going from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 Plus, not a Note 3. I say this because the Note 4's battery life is significantly better than the Note 3, so a battery life comparison between the Note 3 and the iPhone 6 Plus is irrelevant.

To the OP (who has probably already decided now), I own both and will only make this suggestion: decide what is most important to you in a phone, then find out if the two phones in question handle these tasks differently. Make a guess at which way you will prefer. After you weigh the pros and cons of each device, go with the device that has the most pros or the fewest cons. If the Note 4 turns out to be the best phone, you will be able to find work-arounds for your integration with your iPad and Mac, if needed. If the iPhone turns out to be the best phone, your ecosystem integration will be an added benefit.
    05-13-2015 01:49 PM
    I own both a 6+ and a s6 edge. Before the edge I hate a note 4. I like android, but it's bugs and other oddities always bring me back to my 6+. Honestly I love my 6+ more every time I switch back from the s6 after using it for a day.
    brick58 likes this.
    05-16-2015 02:23 AM
    I was a big android fan. But I don't think I will switch back to Android after my shift to iPhone 6 plus. Excellent battery performance, big screen but easy to operate with single thumb and its simplicity. The only downside is the default keyboard but that is easy to solve by installing swiftkey. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    daikens28 likes this.
    05-16-2015 11:47 AM
    I have a black Note 4 that I love. It has been my favorite phone ever. Last iPhone I had was a 4s, but honestly it was a little, dare I say, boring.
    If you thought the 4s was boring why do you think a 6+ would be any different? Yes it has a bigger screen but the Note 4's screen is even bigger and the actual phone size is smaller. If you want to switch for the syncing then go for it and hopefully the boredom doesn't set in too quick this time.
    05-19-2015 01:26 PM
    I personally just made the switch today from the note 4. Still adjusting but I think I will like it.
    05-19-2015 10:11 PM
    I get it,some people like myself,love having new things lol
    The nite 4 is a fantastic phone... Yet so is the iPhone 6plus. If you have the note there's no need to change unless you really want to try the plus like I sorta want to buy a note 4 and have both.
    However to pick one I picked the iPhone this time .. I had the note 2 and that was a fantastic phone!
    I love launchers and changing things and I also just love my iPhone so it's hard.
    If your one who likes to rearrange your phone stay w the note....u may get bored.
    I'm not bored w this phone thou in all honesty,... I will eventually try learning jailbreak when I can lol
    05-20-2015 08:29 AM
    The OP is thinking of going from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 Plus, not a Note 3. I say this because the Note 4's battery life is significantly better than the Note 3, so a battery life comparison between the Note 3 and the iPhone 6 Plus is irrelevant.
    ....in your opinion which is not the definitive one....here's an opposite view:

"The battery performance on the Note 4 isn't quite as good as the Galaxy Note 3 then (which lost 13% in the same test), but with day-to-day usage you're unlikely to notice much of a difference."

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Battery life | TechRadar
    05-20-2015 08:39 AM
    These "What should I do" posts kill me. Do what you want. You will anyway.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-20-2015 10:43 AM
    I'm just hoping I find them at least equal. Would hate to sell the N4 AND add a little cash to move to the 6 plus and be unhappy with it, especially since it is a phone I really like. Wish there was a way to test drive a 6 plus for a week to see if we're a good fit.
    T-Mobile may still have their test drive program going on. I can't remember if it's using an iPhone 5 or 6 though. Great way to test both phone and cell phone service at the same time
    05-20-2015 09:45 PM
91 1234