My switch from the Samsung Edge to the iPhone 6 Plus, who's with me?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My switch from the Samsung Edge to the iPhone 6 Plus

Lollipop seriously crippled my work issued SGS5. Good doesn't play well with it and it's constantly crashing it. I can't wait until I can get my upgrade at work so I can get an iPhone. None of my team members who got iPhones are having problems.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I cannot take it any longer. I am going to get the 6 plus in an hour. Not sure if I will keep it, but I am trying it (again). I am just so used to being able to use the 6 so comfortably. Ugh. Decisions.

I'm on the train right now and there is a woman across from me with a gold 6 Plus. I briefly considered hitting her over the head and taking it. Then I thought September is relatively close so better to just wait and get one properly.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

@Qbnkelt, is September when your contract is up for renewal? If you're work AT&T, will you go with the Next program? Merely curious...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

@Qbnkelt, is September when your contract is up for renewal? If you're work AT&T, will you go with the Next program? Merely curious...

I'm on the Next scheme and I can upgrade in September.

I thought the Plus was going to be too big for me, but then I got the Note 4 in October and I realised I could have managed the Plus just fine. So I'll be getting the next 6s Plus, or whatever it's called, when it comes out in September.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I just made the switch and now I feel I got a true upgrade! Battery is tops, screen is way better! Wish I would of got this in the first place.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

I'm on the train right now and there is a woman across from me with a gold 6 Plus. I briefly considered hitting her over the head and taking it. Then I thought September is relatively close so better to just wait and get one properly.

I have to say, I think I am going to have to remain with the 6. There is no denying that the 6 plus is excellent in all of its features and abilities. But in the end, I just cannot maneuver it the way I can my 6 and I am not certain I could get used to that. But I can clearly see why so many people love it. The thing is a beauty and a beast, all in one lol.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I have to say, I think I am going to have to remain with the 6. There is no denying that the 6 plus is excellent in all of its features and abilities. But in the end, I just cannot maneuver it the way I can my 6 and I am not certain I could get used to that. But I can clearly see why so many people love it. The thing is a beauty and a beast, all in one lol.

I said the same thing also I had the i6 traded it for a 6+ 128 used that for 3 weeks and decided I wanted a i6 again. Used that for 3 more weeks and and missed my 6+. Like no other! So I sold my i6 and got a i6+ 64gb and am so glad.. There's no comparison between screen battery. I also just got the apple silicone case and makes a huge difference. Highly recommended!!!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I said the same thing also I had the i6 traded it for a 6+ 128 used that for 3 weeks and decided I wanted a i6 again. Used that for 3 more weeks and and missed my 6+. Like no other! So I sold my i6 and got a i6+ 64gb and am so glad.. There's no comparison between screen battery. I also just got the apple silicone case and makes a huge difference. Highly recommended!!!

Also I think what it came down to for me was the better screen and battery. With a apple silicone case the phone doesn't feel big at all. It feels like a true upgrade the 6 feels like a 5s now. I can't go back at this point. Just had to give it enough time.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

OH DAMN do you know how CLOSE I am to the Pentagon City Mall?!!!!??

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Ha if you lived closer to me I would let you take this Silver 128GB 6+ for a spin for 10 days or so. It is sitting here, staring at me lovingly, hoping I will keep it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

The self control required to keep you in your seat must have made you shake from head to toe. :tongue:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

The self control required to keep you in your seat must have made you shake from head to toe. :tongue:

Oh it was hilarious. You wouldn't believe the effort devoted to me.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Oh it was hilarious. You wouldn't believe the effort devoted to me.

Oh I would: My self control completely fell apart a month ago at the Apple store, lol.
I was at the mall, my husband needed to go to one of these stands where you can get a screen protector installed on your iPad.
It just so happened that the said stand was right in front of the Apple store.
So I went in, "JUST TO LOOK AROUND"...
Played with a Plus...

... Then my husband texted me on my 6, I was holding both devices next to each other and the rest is a blur, all I know is I walked out with a space gray 128 GB iPhone 6 Plus fully activated, a Apple silicone case, a VERY annoyed husband and I just knew I had to sell the 6 for a decent price by the end of the week or face his wrath for the next millennium, lol.

I sold it 2 days later for my asking price, pheww! I probably avoided WW3 very narrowly.

:biggrin:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh I would: My self control completely fell apart a month ago at the Apple store, lol.
I was at the mall, my husband needed to go to one of these stands where you can get a screen protector installed on your iPad.
It just so happened that the said stand was right in front of the Apple store.
So I went in, "JUST TO LOOK AROUND"...
Played with a Plus...

... Then my husband texted me on my 6, I was holding both devices next to each other and the rest is a blur, all I know is I walked out with a space gray 128 GB iPhone 6 Plus fully activated, a Apple silicone case, a VERY annoyed husband and I just knew I had to sell the 6 for a decent price by the end of the week or face his wrath for the next millennium, lol.

I sold it 2 days later for my asking price, pheww! I probably avoided WW3 very narrowly.

:biggrin:

You know why I can't get it right now? Because I haven't been able to replace what I took out from savings to get this:
View attachment 80504

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

OMG!!! *melts*. Ooooooooooh what a heartbreaking little cutie... Yeah, I can see how that was a hard choice, lol.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com

Quick question: Is Lollipop the issue with software not working properly? I have a customer that has a Note 4 running 5.0.1 (Lollipop I believe) and he bought a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and the UConnect 730N keeps dropping the BT connection, especially while on a call. Could Android Lollipop be the culprit?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Could Android Lollipop be the culprit?
If the device was updated recently and worked fine before... absolutely... or - the Rubicon's Audio system is in need of a firmware update...

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com

If the device was updated recently and worked fine before... absolutely... or - the Rubicon's Audio system is in need of a firmware update...

UConnect customer service days they know about the issue and are working on a fix. The fact that it's Chrysler trying to engineer a software fix scares me.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

UConnect customer service days they know about the issue and are working on a fix. The fact that it's Chrysler trying to engineer a software fix scares me.

image.jpg

It's a pretty simple process. Go to the Uconnect website and it'll tell you if an update is available for download.

🖖

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com

That's a different system than what's offered in the Wrangler.

However, speaking with UConnect CS, they've acknowledged the problem and that a fix has yet to be engineered.