Hey guys .... One of the reason why I love my iPhone 6plus is the battery.
    The time right now in Australia Sydney is 7:30am.....
    I tested my battery and left it on 1% since yesterday evening at approximately 10pm. I used the phone a lot ....went on Tapatalk, Facebook and the web and put it down at 11pm and the battery still didn't die. So I left it over night and I woke up to write this post at 1%.

Boy I love this phone after 7 months of owing it... Still exited

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    Hansana, DaMaRa1109 and jianrong like this.
    04-16-2015 05:28 PM
    Hey guys .... One of the reason why I love my iPhone 6plus is the battery.
    The time right now in Australia Sydney is 7:30am.....
    I tested my battery and left it on 1% since yesterday evening at approximately 10pm. I used the phone a lot ....went on Tapatalk, Facebook and the web and put it down at 11pm and the battery still didn't die. So I left it over night and I woke up to write this post at 1%.

Boy I love this phone after 7 months of owing it... Still exited

I wish I could say that is awesome, but it honestly sounds like your % wasn't reading right...lol!
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-16-2015 05:50 PM
    Lol. Cynical much?

04-16-2015 07:01 PM
    Lol. Cynical much?

Oh by no means am I calling you a liar or questioning your integrity here...and trust me, I think the iPhone 6 Plus has a great battery life, but we have to be realistic here...that kind of span of time on 1% would be hard to believe with ZERO usage...but you said you used it a good bit, so you know, it just seems like something was wonky there with the readout.
    04-16-2015 07:37 PM
    Oh by no means am I calling you a liar or questioning your integrity here...and trust me, I think the iPhone 6 Plus has a great battery life, but we have to be realistic here...that kind of span of time on 1% would be hard to believe with ZERO usage...but you said you used it a good bit, so you know, it just seems like something was wonky there with the readout.
    9 times out of 10 a minor software issue if we're being realistic here. I have a hard time believing any phone would last that long on 1 percent under "alleged" heavy usage lol. I believe him but I also believe it was a minor issue with the OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-16-2015 07:49 PM
    Next time your phone is on 1%, reboot it. You'll see the percentage go up.
    04-16-2015 08:44 PM
    Next time your phone is on 1%, reboot it. You'll see the percentage go up.
    Yeah I'll do that. Guess I was so exited my logic didn't kick in till y'all mentioned it.

Last edited by Sekelani Zwambila; 04-17-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    04-17-2015 06:20 PM
    The 6 Plus does have epic battery life, but the battery probably needed recalibrating. Next time it's at 1% run it until the phone shuts off, then charge it to 100%. That should recalibrate it.

I used to recalibrate my phone once a month, but with the 6+ it's almost impossible for me to get to 0%, even when I try.
    04-17-2015 07:05 PM
    I agree with everyone else here. It sounds like the battery wasn't reading correctly.

I would ensure you have the latest update (maybe it is a bug with the latest update) and restart your phone occasionally so it has refreshed/reloaded its IOS. Most of us just charge when it is low and do not actually turn the phone off at all.

Restarting every now and then does a world of good.
    04-17-2015 07:09 PM
    I tested this yesterday. I managed to get 4 hours off of leaving it on 1% without touching it at all.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    04-18-2015 02:23 AM
    IPhone 6+ battery is a monster. I believe you!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Gold using Tapatalk
    04-18-2015 09:40 AM
    The iPhone 6 plus has the best battery I've personally experienced. Standby battery life is amazing!!!
    04-18-2015 05:47 PM
    The 6 Plus does have epic battery life, but the battery probably needed recalibrating. Next time it's at 1% run it until the phone shuts off, then charge it to 100%. That should recalibrate it.

I used to recalibrate my phone once a month, but with the 6+ it's almost impossible for me to get to 0%, even when I try.
    What? lol...
    04-19-2015 09:38 PM
    What? lol...
    What SmartFah said is true.

Basically, if you run down your phone and then charge it up to 100% at least once a month you recalibrate your battery - the sensor for it,

By doing the above you are expanding the cell life in your battery also - This is the same for any electronic device and is recommended.
    04-20-2015 11:00 AM

Basically, if you run down your phone and then charge it up to 100% at least once a month you recalibrate your battery - the sensor for it,

By doing the above you are expanding the cell life in your battery also - This is the same for any electronic device and is recommended.
    SmartFah also said that it is almost impossible for him/her to run the battery to 0% even when intentionally trying. Think about that statement for a second.
    04-20-2015 04:40 PM
    SmartFah also said that it is almost impossible for him/her to run the battery to 0% even when intentionally trying. Think about that statement for a second.
    Iooking back I only meant the first part of what was said. I must have skimmed that second bit
    04-20-2015 04:55 PM

Finn covered it already, but yeah, I guess I should have bolded the part that was just silly to me...I mean yeah, I get it, impressive battery life...but the last part, I just had to laugh. I enjoy the battery life on my 6 Plus, but it's not like it lasts days without a charge or something.
    04-20-2015 05:58 PM
    Finn covered it already, but yeah, I guess I should have bolded the part that was just silly to me...I mean yeah, I get it, impressive battery life...but the last part, I just had to laugh. I enjoy the battery life on my 6 Plus, but it's not like it lasts days without a charge or something.
    Obviously it's not impossible to bring the 6+'s battery to zero. When I said impossible, I meant in a regular day of use.

If I'm ready to go to sleep and my battery is at 30%, I'm not gonna stay up for an extra hour or two, trying to intentionally bring my battery to zero in order to recalibrate the sensor.

With previous iPhones, I'd be at 10% or less by the end of the day. With the Plus, I'm usually around 30%. So I don't recalibrate the battery like I used to.
    04-20-2015 08:57 PM
    Obviously it's not impossible to bring the 6+'s battery to zero. When I said impossible, I meant in a regular day of use.

If I'm ready to go to sleep and my battery is at 30%, I'm not gonna stay up for an extra hour or two, trying to intentionally bring my battery to zero in order to recalibrate the sensor.
    It was just the wording of your post...it was weird and a bit humorous.
    SmartFah likes this.
    04-20-2015 09:01 PM
    It was just the wording of your post...it was weird and a bit humorous.
    After re-reading, I see what you mean. I knew what I meant to say, but I didn't write it clearly enough.
    04-20-2015 09:06 PM
    After re-reading, I see what you mean. I knew what I meant to say, but I didn't write it clearly enough.
    It's all good, we all agree...iPhone 6 Plus has stellar battery life.
    04-20-2015 09:22 PM
    It's all good, we all agree...iPhone 6 Plus has stellar battery life.
    Yeah, it does. I do think, however, that people who say that they're taking it off a charger in the morning and not even having to charge it again overnight because their battery is at 35% are telling tall tales. I've read/heard Rene Ritchie say this a few times and I don't believe it for a second.
    04-20-2015 09:27 PM
    Yeah, it does. I do think, however, that people who say that they're taking it off a charger in the morning and not even having to charge it again overnight because their battery is at 35% are telling tall tales. I've read/heard Rene Ritchie say this a few times and I don't believe it for a second.
    Well it is true, but it's expected for one to charge his phone over night for the following day to ensure your phone won't die during the day if your not close to a charging port.

04-20-2015 10:05 PM

That's 100% wrong. The worst thing to do to a lithium ion battery is to completely drain it. Google it. Almost every website you check will tell you this.

04-20-2015 10:30 PM
    That's 100% wrong. The worst thing to do to a lithium ion battery is to completely drain it. Google it. Almost every website you check will tell you this.

Oh right ok, I haven't checked google but I believe you. The information I mentioned was off an o2 guide a few years ago on how to preserve battery life. It mentioned the extended cell life by draining and and then fully charging there.
    04-21-2015 10:14 AM
30 12