Swapped phones for a day to feel each ecosystem from iOS to Android

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the only good android skins are HTC, LG, and SONY. Stock android or Motorola is ideal though.

Meh I'll take touch wiz over HTC Sense ( horrible ) LG ( crap) and Sony ( mediocre ). Stock meh I've had it on the nexus 5 and liked it but was missing features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't iPhones use gorilla glass as well but isn't advertised as such ? I think I remember them ( Corning ) saying Apple was one though not publicly advertising it?

No it doesn't. It used ionised glass...guerrilla glass is 4 times strong

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I thought I read somewhere Apple uses it but doesn't promote it

Exactly what I love about Apple. They market the devices not by reading off a list of features like others do, but rather show 'how' their devices work in everyday life. No need to rattle off features. If you've got it, no need to flaunt it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I hate how some people swear off Apple without trying it out. I know if they actually used the devices their attitudes will change even if it changes a little. Good little experiment! I'd do this but wouldn't want to part with my 6+ :p

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I use both iOS and Android....I like having two different phones at any given time and have been doing so for years now.. That being said, my iPhone is my daily driver and I prefer iOS, especially for taking photos and video. There is something about the iPhone and the camera app software ease-of-use that for me and my needs, cannot be beat.

I go to Disneyland every summer (I am 40, and yes, I am big kid at heart) and cannot stand to be without an iphone to take my pictures and video. Last year was the first time I was not able to take an iPhone with me and ended up having to use a Galaxy S4. I was not a happy camper since that GS4 gave me alot of issues while on my trip. As soon as I got back from my trip, I sold the GS4 and picked up a 5S at cost to take the edge off lol.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I use both iOS and Android....I like having two different phones at any given time and have been doing so for years now.. That being said, my iPhone is my daily driver and I prefer iOS, especially for taking photos and video. There is something about the iPhone and the camera app software ease-of-use that for me and my needs, cannot be beat.

I go to Disneyland every summer (I am 40, and yes, I am big kid at heart) and cannot stand to be without an iphone to take my pictures and video. Last year was the first time I was not able to take an iPhone with me and ended up having to use a Galaxy S4. I was not a happy camper since that GS4 gave me alot of issues while on my trip. As soon as I got back from my trip, I sold the GS4 and picked up a 5S at cost to take the edge off lol.

Supposedly the s6 offers a way better camera experience then previous phones. I prefer the pictures from the Note 4 personally but the iPhone 6 plus camera is still great imo

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy yesterday to buy game of thrones Bly ray and I played around with both the s6 and s6 edge. My first impressions were "DANG THIS DISPLAY IS AMAZING". Seriously putting the displays side by side with my iPhone 6 was almost shameful.

When I started actually delving into the software I could still see that touch wiz lag all over the place. Not sure if it was because it was demo units or just that classic android lag, but I was kinda turned off by it.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I went to best buy yesterday to buy game of thrones Bly ray and I played around with both the s6 and s6 edge. My first impressions were "DANG THIS DISPLAY IS AMAZING". Seriously putting the displays side by side with my iPhone 6 was almost shameful.

When I started actually delving into the software I could still see that touch wiz lag all over the place. Not sure if it was because it was demo units or just that classic android lag, but I was kinda turned off by it.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

Exactly my point. It's a good looking phone with a hot display but the software kills the experience.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried pretty much every OS out there. For me I'm just comfortable with the iOS on the phone and Mac OS on the Mac. I have a ton of movies on iTunes and also music. My family enjoys iOS for the ability to share everything including music and movies along with TV shows. It works for me. I don't owe anything to apple or Google or any other manufacturer. I use what I like and right now it's iOS.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly the s6 offers a way better camera experience then previous phones. I prefer the pictures from the Note 4 personally but the iPhone 6 plus camera is still great imo

I actually have a Note 4 Edge at the moment in addition to my iPhone and I definitely like the quality of the pics and video from it, but I just prefer the camera software on iOS. However,I do have to say that I like how Samsung simplified the camera software on the new S6 and S6 Edge which I hope transfers over to the Note 4/Edge soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro