Keyboard shortcuts

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My keyboard shortcuts keep reappearing in iOS 8.3. Anyone know how to stop them from reappearing?

There is no fix for that other than restoring your phone as new. It's what I had to do. This issue has been discussed in other forums, including the Apple discussions forum. No fix, period. You must restore as new. I could semi fix it by deleting the unwanted shortcuts, then immediately do an iCloud back up. This worked until a reboot or hard reset was done. Any reboot brought the shortcuts back. You will not find a solution other than restoring.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do I have to restore my iPad too? What about my shortcuts on my Mac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how that works on your Mac. Do they sync? I would think the iPad would be the same as the phone. What issue are you having? Is it where the deleted shortcuts keep coming back? That's the issue I'm talking about.

citibori

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually they're not syncing at all. They're supposed to sync even from the Mac.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually they're not syncing at all. They're supposed to sync even from the Mac.

So if you restore one device which will delete all the shortcuts, it will only be on that device? They are independent.

citibori

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So what you're saying is I only have to restore one device? I haven't restored any yet. But if I create a shortcut on my Mac isn't that shortcut supposed to appear on all my devices? Cause it doesn't

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So what you're saying is I only have to restore one device? I haven't restored any yet. But if I create a shortcut on my Mac isn't that shortcut supposed to appear on all my devices? Cause it doesn't

I have no idea. I only have my iPhone. I would guess you do for each independent of one another. I really don't know. If no one here knows, I would talk to Apple Support.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost