Iphone 6 plus screen

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I am very upset with the screen quality of the 6 plus screen which is way too easily prone to scratch! It is my second one and it has scratches again because my sister took a phonecall while she has some earings!! My first phone had also some scratch for no particular reasons before i had to exchange it!

And i am really disappointed by it because i always took care of my devices and had any issues of this kind with my previous iPhones. I really think the screen on this iphone generation is far too fragile, even compared to a galaxy s5 that i use for work and which i don't use with so much care :)

Have you noticed that problem on your end?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I hear one batch of IP6P was made with S5 screens, you must have gotten one of those.

... Wait for it... Wait for it... Wait for it... *evil grin*

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am very upset with the screen quality of the 6 plus screen which is way too easily prone to scratch! It is my second one and it has scratches again because my sister took a phonecall while she has some earings!! My first phone had also some scratch for no particular reasons before i had to exchange it!

And i am really disappointed by it because i always took care of my devices and had any issues of this kind with my previous iPhones. I really think the screen on this iphone generation is far too fragile, even compared to a galaxy s5 that i use for work and which i don't use with so much care :)

Have you noticed that problem on your end?

So instead of blaming your sister who scratched the display with her earring, you opt to blame Apple for not making a display strong enough to withstand the type of earring your sister was wearing when she scratched your phone's display. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Just like McDonald's having to put "This is HOT" on a cup of hot coffee, I suppose Apple will have to put "this is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof".

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Well if you can't just answer your phone without fear of scratching it, it is a problem! And her iphone looks quite fine for a two year device. Plus, it is not my first iPhone 6 who got scratches. So may be i did something for a scratch or the first one but when it keeps happening, well it seems that it is not that scratch resistant.

And,if you ask my sister she would tell u how careful i am with my devices!

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
And she uses it for 2 minutes and it got a scratch. Sorry but i find that is considered normal use, her earings were not the sharp ones.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Lestat, I wear earrings. Like these:

Earrings1.jpg

Or these:

earrings2.jpg

Or these:

earring3.jpg

And I have yet to have my screen scratched my any of them, or any piece of jewelry for that matter.
I am not particularly gentle with my phone either, because I'm always in a hurry, and I usually go several days with a naked phone before I get my act together and put on a screen protector and a case.
But no scratches.
However, I once pulled my old iphone 6 out of my cargo pocket and one of the snap buttons scratched the screen protector.
Once I took it off, I saw that the screen had been protected, it was completely smooth and new looking, so I put on a new screen protecter since it worked so well.

So there you have it:
Personal responsibility, preventative measures.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Well i always put it in a protective case in my pocket with no keyes or something like that, i don't put the phone with the screen on the surface of the table,it never felt down...

It was scratch free before my sister used it for 1 minute to just answer the phone then there were 3 tiny scratches on it!

Honestly, i don't know how i could do better or be responsible for that! It is a phone that was used with care and it got a scratch! Believe me if i knew i did that or that i was careless iwould just go to the apple store with no complaint as i did before!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, i don't know how i could do better or be responsible for that!

So let me get this straight, you stated this is not your first iPhone 6 to get a scratch, you are not sure how you could do better, yet you STILL have not put a screen protector on your phone?? Do you know why there are so many companies in the screen protector industry? Because screens can scratch. Here's the kicker.....not just Apple products. Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC, and of course, Apple, all employ screens that under the right condition, will scratch. It doesn't take a sharp knife or drop to the concrete to do it. It could be that one grain of sand in your pocket that just happened to press along in the right way.

Reality is this.....if you don't want to put a screen protector on a screen that is only scratch "resistant", then don't cry when your screen is no longer perfect.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well i always put it in a protective case in my pocket with no keyes or something like that, i don't put the phone with the screen on the surface of the table,it never felt down...

It was scratch free before my sister used it for 1 minute to just answer the phone then there were 3 tiny scratches on it!

Honestly, i don't know how i could do better or be responsible for that! It is a phone that was used with care and it got a scratch! Believe me if i knew i did that or that i was careless iwould just go to the apple store with no complaint as i did before!

Your sister should have been more careful and you should have protected your phone, it's as simple as that.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
i never put a screen protector on any phone or iphone before, nor i know anybody who does that, still their screen does not scratch that easily or if they scratch it it is because they indeed put it with keys or go wild with them lol

In my pocket the screen is protected by the case i use.
[redacted]

The only time the screen is naked is when i use the phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well if you can't just answer your phone without fear of scratching it, it is a problem! And her iphone looks quite fine for a two year device. Plus, it is not my first iPhone 6 who got scratches. So may be i did something for a scratch or the first one but when it keeps happening, well it seems that it is not that scratch resistant.

And,if you ask my sister she would tell u how careful i am with my devices!

I don't have any fear whatsoever of scratching my phone so it's not a problem, at least not for me. I don't pamper my phone not am I reckless with it. If the display gets scratched, so what? I can either get it replaced or deal with it. Back to earrings for a moment. Is the earring that scratched your iPhone's display has a diamond in it? If so, you really don't have a complaint.

eortizr

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Not everybody likes screen protectors, and when you pay $800+ you expect for the hardware to at least be able to withstand everyday use.

the glass on the iPhone6+ scratch more easier than every phone I had, I will not call this glass 'scratch resistant' at all. My previous phone was an LG G3, HTC M8, Galaxy S3,4 and 5, Lumia 920,1020 and 1520, never used a screen protector and never had issues with scratches.

10 days on the 6+ and already have a mark where the my headphones plug slightly touched the screen. Is not like it is noticeable unless you look for it, but it is there. Must people that say there phones have no scratches is because their perception of scratch is that you have to feel it with your fingernail. I'm talking about micro scratches, the ones you see when your device is in direct sunlight, and the 6+ is a magnet for those.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73