I purchased a 16gb iphone 6 plus back at the start of November after walking into my local O2 store and this is all they had. So I purchased it and now have regrets due to the memory size. Definitely going for the 64gb if not the 128gb next time!! 16GB regret :/-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1428420384.737646.jpg
    04-07-2015 11:26 AM
    Always better to have more and not need it than not enough when you do need it.
    nikkisharif and AlexJ92 like this.
    04-07-2015 11:28 AM
    Like all things, it's a matter of saving if it's about money and a matter of patience if it's a hot new device. That isn't a knock against you, just my thoughts at the situation :P

I've seen early college students sell all they have for 5's and 5S's on their launch days and be forced to use the smallest memory see available, and for what? "If I don't get it now I'll never get it!"

Yes you will. Might be six months from now, but you aren't really losing anything being patient :P

Again, not anything against you. Just a random rant :P
    AlexJ92 likes this.
    04-07-2015 12:12 PM
    Definitely get the 128GB next time.
    04-07-2015 12:17 PM
    Attachment 79509

But in all seriousness, this is why I always recommend not to go 16GB on any device. Even an iPad. Never freaking ever.
    04-07-2015 01:20 PM
    There's something not tight with those numbers. Do you have extremly long videos? You don't really have much else. I have more than that except for videos. What's taking your space?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    21stNow and AlexJ92 like this.
    04-07-2015 01:21 PM
    16GB is useless with large app sizes, etc. I ended up with a 128GB and I don't think I will ever go below that. I love the freedom.
    04-07-2015 02:40 PM
    I would go for the larger storage next time as well. It's fine so far, but why not have more than you need rather than need more than you have. Seems a better strategy. One thing I totally failed to consider is this, even if I never use that much storage, just having the option would make the resale value that much better. I generally keep my phones around a year then sell it and get something new. Who's going to want a year old 6+ with only 16GB? I won't make this mistake again.
    shief24 likes this.
    04-07-2015 03:19 PM
    I would go for the larger storage next time as well. It's fine so far, but why not have more than you need rather than need more than you have. Seems a better strategy. One thing I totally failed to consider is this, even if I never use that much storage, just having the option would make the resale value that much better. I generally keep my phones around a year then sell it and get something new. Who's going to want a year old 6+ with only 16GB? I won't make this mistake again.
    That 6 Plus with 16 gb will sell. 16 gb is what most people buy. The average Joe doesn't put 12+ gb of music and 200 apps on their phone. Just us fanboys and geeks do that.

04-07-2015 05:11 PM
    I actually sold my 64 and got the 128. Much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-07-2015 05:17 PM
    I have the 64. I used to always get 32GB and never had space issues. Now I have a 64 and think I probably won't have any issues. Plus I subscribe to iTunes Match, so I don't keep any music on my iPhone, stream via Pandora, iHeart Radio, etc. and my photos and videos are all on iCloud. Most of my local storage is used by apps.
    shief24 likes this.
    04-07-2015 05:24 PM
    If you're gonna get a 16gb you have to manage it. I'm exactly like Robbrick. I use iTunes match, I stream via spotify, I stream movies and my pictures are in iCloud. I don't download movies to my device. And I have 4gb's left after half a year. When I upgrade I might go to the 64gb just so I don't have to restrict myself. I still think the 16gb is a great option for a lot of people. My mother has 6gbs left on her iPhone and has more apps than I do.
    Kierkegaard, grover5 and robbrick like this.
    04-07-2015 11:13 PM
    I got the 64gb. 16gb is not nearly enough at the moment. I also have 100gb of dropbox cloud storage if needed, forgot what ended up giving me this for free for life.

I have my music locally for now, however if I ever need space I can delete it since I have most of my library on google play music library. (keeping it local in case I lose connection during long trips)
    Bare minimum I can handle is 32gb.
    shief24 likes this.
    04-07-2015 11:14 PM
    I tole you - 16GB is not even bare minimum! Especially if you are going to update the OS!!!
    04-08-2015 12:06 AM
    I tole you - 16GB is not even bare minimum! Especially if you are going to update the OS!!!
    Apple fixed the OS update issue. It will no longer take a huge amount of space to update a new OS.

04-08-2015 10:26 AM
    Transfers photos to iPhoto via your Mac, this will give you room .
    04-08-2015 01:18 PM
    There's something not tight with those numbers. Do you have extremly long videos? You don't really have much else. I have more than that except for videos. What's taking your space?

I don't have much on my device and I end up deleting apps to make more space, all the movies I have are in the cloud :/
    04-08-2015 01:19 PM
    Just get an SD card! Oh wait you can't.
    AlexJ92 and shief24 like this.
    04-08-2015 01:27 PM
    Sorry to hear that AlexJ92.
    04-08-2015 06:57 PM
    Just get an SD card! Oh wait you can't.
    Why anyone would want to use an SD card that can't store or boot usable apps is beyond me with cloud options available.
    ladyc0524, mumfoau and shief24 like this.
    04-08-2015 07:17 PM
    Why anyone would want to use an SD card that can't store or boot usable apps is beyond me with cloud options available.
    I was making a funny. . The OP got it.
    04-08-2015 08:04 PM
    I was making a funny. . The OP got it.
    Hilarious.
    04-08-2015 09:04 PM
    If you're gonna get a 16gb you have to manage it. I'm exactly like Robbrick. I use iTunes match, I stream via spotify, I stream movies and my pictures are in iCloud. I don't download movies to my device. And I have 4gb's left after half a year. When I upgrade I might go to the 64gb just so I don't have to restrict myself. I still think the 16gb is a great option for a lot of people. My mother has 6gbs left on her iPhone and has more apps than I do.
    The more space is good for the average person who does not know how to keep a system clean. Look at a shared network drive at work some time. You will see the same files over and over again in many different directories. You see unzipped directories that were used once right next to a zip file that is 1/20th the size. It's like doing taxes or something - people don't react to try to clean up until there is way too little space. That's just human nature, but the truth is most filesystems are full of trash or rarely used junk.
    shief24 likes this.
    04-09-2015 12:01 AM
    The more space is good for the average person who does not know how to keep a system clean. Look at a shared network drive at work some time. You will see the same files over and over again in many different directories. You see unzipped directories that were used once right next to a zip file that is 1/20th the size. It's like doing taxes or something - people don't react to try to clean up until there is way too little space. That's just human nature, but the truth is most filesystems are full of trash or rarely used junk.
    This isn't really relevant to iOS system files though...there's not really many "trash" files on the device itself hogging storage space...people just tend to keep too many pictures/videos, and 9 times out of 10, that is where the storage limitations start hitting. Apps don't take much room and app save files take even less...and even still, you know what the sizes are before hand. iOS doesn't allow for compressed file storage because the files are meant for instantaneous access and not storage optimization.

More space is good for ANYONE...has really nothing to do with keeping the "system clean". I like to have all of my music on hand on my device without having to rely on cloud access, therefore I need almost 20GB of space just for music...this makes owning the smallest storage option impossible for my preferences Then there's those who like to record a lot of HD video...depending on length, these videos eat up A LOT of space...4-5 HD videos and you've tapped out a 16GB model.

Those are just two examples of hundreds that nullify the idea that smaller storage capacity phones are sufficient if people would work diligently to keep their "system clean" as you put it. It's just not true...
    04-09-2015 12:47 AM
    I have the 64 GB model and I barely use 25% of the storage. It's there if I need it.

Better to have the storage space and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    04-09-2015 03:27 PM
32 12