Anyone else have backlight bleed or shadows?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
here is some pictures I took. Dont know if theres anything there or not. does it look uniform?

There's obvious shadows and bleeding going on in those pics. Especially in that one corner. I see it plain as day. I'm not sure how this helps you if you can't see it though. But whatever. I'd make an appointment with the Apple store and get on it asap though. That's just not right. If he (or she) can't see it or doesn't believe you, then print this page out. Surely if they see that one of us noticed something, they'll fix you up.

Let us know how it goes.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you considered selling it and buying something else from another manufacturer?

That's what I think you should do. Mobile Nations has a great array of other forums covering the plethora of devices as well...so you won't be lonely regardless of what platform you choose.

IMG_0522.JPG

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, if your referring the the corner with the arrows, that's around where I see it as well. The box with arrows is there because I used Adobe illustrator to make a colored background

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm sorry. I'll try and just enjoy it. I guess I just wanted everything perfect with no flaws considering it's a lot of money

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm sorry. I'll try and just enjoy it. I guess I just wanted everything perfect with no flaws considering it's a lot of money

There is no "flawless" device. You're problem is that you obsess over EVERY little thing you see, read or hear about the iPhone whether it effects you or not, and that is why it is so much fun to pick at you. Truth be told, I do see the little light bleed on your pictures...I even see it on my phone when I put a fully white background to CHECK for it...but outside of that scenario, I don't see the issue at all, and I bet you wouldn't either.

Problem is, you LOOK for these things, then post about it...so it just makes it too easy to respond the way I and many of us do.

Take it for what it's worth.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Good Lord! I've never in my life seen a more OCD person....and I'm OCD myself. Just take a breath and enjoy your phone.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't see anything there either. I am sure it looks a little different in person. I guess mr ravensword has had some silly posts before , because you guys hammered him like right away.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I think I'm going to try and just ignore it. I'll see how it is in a week or so. If it's still bugging me a lot I'll schedule a Genius Bar appointment. I don't want to keep running to the Apple Store though whenever I have a small issue because then they'd probably start thinking I'm trying to take advantage of the Genius Bar support or something or when I have a real issue they won't take me as seriously.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There is a lesson from that fable about the boy crying wolf when there was none that came to be ignored when there was one...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I think I'm going to try and just ignore it. I'll see how it is in a week or so. If it's still bugging me a lot I'll schedule a Genius Bar appointment. I don't want to keep running to the Apple Store though whenever I have a small issue because then they'd probably start thinking I'm trying to take advantage of the Genius Bar support or something or when I have a real issue they won't take me as seriously.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's absolutely nothing wrong with your phone even though I can't see it in person.
There was nothing wrong with the last one you had.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yes, why run to the Genius Bar and complain when you can do it here? All...the...time.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyway, to sort if out a cap on this, I scheduled a appointment for Saturday. I'll just see what they say. If I'm stuck with it, so be it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. What could it hurt by just having them look at it. It'll at least put my mind at ease

No...it won't. You'll read/find/hear something 5min. after you walk out of the Apple store that will cause you to go into full panic mode again. It might not even take that long...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro