Just ditched the Galaxy S5 for the 6 Plus

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hostility ? No. Pointing out true facts ....iOS updates can be just as buggy as Android ones or other Operating systems ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if you are in the united States or not, but if you are you should realize that unless you have a nexus the update are a prayer.

Rock over London, rock on Chicago...

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if you are in the united States or not, but if you are you should realize that unless you have a nexus the update are a prayer.

This is very true, you can pretty much bet your life that once you buy an android device the only update you will get is when you buy the newer version of the device. Only updates are when they release a new device and thats even half the time.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I just came back to Apple from the Galaxy s5. I have been an Apple fan since the original iPhone came out. Early last year, I made the stupid decision to go for the bigger screen and move to Android. I was lulled by the high screen resolutions, pixels, graphics, customizability ....blah blah. The phone was pretty cool in the beginning. However, the hype of the new "features" and "gimmicks" wore off quickly. Those new things I thought were cool to have only worked half the time and I never ended up using them much anyway. Unless I rooted my phone, I was unable to get that bloatware off. In the end, all it did was slow down my device considerably.

4 months into the phone I was FINALLY able to update to Lollipop. Weeks after the update, it was increasingly becoming difficult to make phone calls or text. The phone would freeze, lock up, and force close in the middle of typing or reading.

As the frustration continued, I decided to wipe my device and start over fresh. That lasted 4 days. Then it was back to the freezing, locking up, and force closing.

I was fed up. I went to Best Buy and forked over the extra money to become eligible to get the new 6+. My wife and I switched to Apple and I have never looked back. I missed the usability, simplicity, and using something that "just worked".

Bottom line is I made a mistake I will never make again. Apple all the way.

Oh wow I can relate. Give or take a few details, this could have been me and my Note 3. Except I had NOT wanted Kitkat, yet Samsung forced it on me.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hostility ? No. Pointing out true facts ....iOS updates can be just as buggy as Android ones or other Operating systems ....

I agree however I think unless you have a nexus device you often end up waiting a long time for a fix. Apple and Google are able to releases patches a lot quicker.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I live in the U.S. And any flagship phone will get updates fairly quickly ....idk what you're talking about or other buy but it's shorter then 6 months depending on carrier. HTC says 90 days and they are fairly close to that and carriers aren't that bad with it either

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
The other Android OEMs aren't nearly as quick. Take Samsung for instance. Their update schedule would make a snail's pace look fast.

How long as Lollipop been out? A year? The S5 has just recently got 5.0.x. And what's out now? Oh yeah, 5.1.x is already out with a boatload of fixes. So you're telling me that it took them a year to shoehorn 5.0.x into it? Absolutely pathetic!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The other Android OEMs aren't nearly as quick. Take Samsung for instance. Their update schedule would make a snail's pace look fast.

How long as Lollipop been out? A year? The S5 has just recently got 5.0.x. And what's out now? Oh yeah, 5.1.x is already out with a boatload of fixes. So you're telling me that it took them a year to shoehorn 5.0.x into it? Absolutely pathetic!

No lollipop came out in October ...

They announced it around June but didn't get released to the general public till October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
No lollipop came out in October ...

They announced it around June but didn't get released to the general public till October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats still 7 months. lol I guess if you upgrade every year it doesn't matter. I don't think apple is perfect but as far as timely updates, Apples process is far superior to Androids phones.

davbran

May 17, 2015
Visit site
The difference is fragmentation. It's not just Samsung's fault. Everyone says it's not a core Android issue, but in fact it is. I have a Nexus 9 LTE that's still awaiting bug fixes. This device is supposed to be towards the top of the update chain, but it's still sitting on shipped build. Meanwhile S6 and even Android Wear devices are getting this update. As soon said you down stream to OEM then to carrier you get even further fragmented. This is the exact reason that i just traded off my Note 4 for iPhone 6 plus. At the end of the day, I know that my iDevice will continue to receive updates until Apple ends support. I don't have that confidence in any of the Android devices of late. I also feel, and I won't have comparison until Tuesday, that Android web browsers are more ad susceptible that they were a year ago. It might be an industry wide thing, but I have nothing end tip compare against.

From a hardware standpoint, the Note 4 should just scream along and flow like water, but while it's a quad core 2.7ghz with 3gb of ram, it continues to hitch and hang.

The way I see it, there are bugs with every system. It's how you address those bugs that makes the difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2