I question the quality of glass apple using on the 6 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So, you did scratch it?

I haven't treated this phone any differently then any other yet this is the one getting scratched ... The root of the problem imo is the screen is worse then previous phones. They say it's ion strengthened glass and whatever but even the iPhone 4 which doesn't have this "ion strengthened" glass survived way worse and barely got any scratches like these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't treated this phone any differently then any other yet this is the one getting scratched ... The root of the problem imo is the screen is worse then previous phones. They say it's ion strengthened glass and whatever but even the iPhone 4 which doesn't have this "ion strengthened" glass survived way worse and barely got any scratches like these

So you did something to scratch your phone for the first time! It happens! Doesn't mean the screen is any better or worse. I don't see many members here complaining about scratches on their new phones. I've had cars that had more scratches than others. Doesn't mean anything. There's a first time for everything. There's hardly a difference other than screen size. You somehow got a scratch and now ALL iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have lousy screens? LOL
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427891367.040989.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I treated all my phones from the past two years the same .... In a pocket dedicated for the phone and nothing else. Never dropped it or anything. Yet this is the only phone that got a good 3-4 inch scratch going down the screen. I'm also not the only one just google iphone 6 glass easily scratched or something like that . A while discussion on Apple community support.

It's only been two weeks. Take the phone to an Apple store. Did you get Apple Care Plus?
It's an easy solution. Why not simply do it?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't scratch it though ..... I have nothing in my pockets to scratch the coating and it's in the same pocket as every other phone was in. Also Google how easily it is to scratch the iPhone 6 glass and you'll get some results

OK the screen does not spontaneously scratch, so you did in fact scratch it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So you did something to scratch your phone for the first time! It happens! Doesn't mean the screen is any better or worse. I don't see many members here complaining about scratches on their new phones. I've had cars that had more scratches than others. Doesn't mean anything. There's a first time for everything. There's hardly a difference other than screen size. You somehow got a scratch and now ALL iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have lousy screens? LOL
View attachment 79287

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Scratching a car? Who cares...not like you'll be looking at the outside as the way to drive your car. Your screen is what you see to use your phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's only been two weeks. Take the phone to an Apple store. Did you get Apple Care Plus?
can't be done. To obvious...makes to much sense...and there's no crowd sourced dramatic affirmation had that way... :D

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What about the people who are not reporting scratching. Like myself. What exactly am I doing to prevent this?
I've had my 6 plus since early November and no scratches. The scratches I've read about on the net months ago were scratches on the edge of the display where my screen protector doesn't completely cover.

I've got a tempered glass screen protector that does not cover the edges. Have had the phone since release day. Not one single solitary scratch.

Oh hey I dropped my SGS3. The screen shattered. I am questioning the quality of the glass Samsung uses. Wait, I didn't drop it. It spontaneously jumped from my hand to the floor. I didn't do it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
OK the screen does not spontaneously scratch, so you did in fact scratch it.

Technically yes but this is the only phone in the same conditions that is getting scratched ... I go through phones like crazy....in the last 2-3 years is the Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket, s3 , s4, nexus 5 , Note 3 , Note 4 , Motorola Droid Turbo , Nexus 6 and this iPhone 6 plus. Two of the phones I only owned for 24 hours but the rest I've owned for at least a month or 2. None of these phones got scratched up like how my iPhone has. It's called "ion strengthened" but so far I've seen it more prone to scratches then any other previous phone I have owned

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I don't have Apple care plus since I rather pay for sprint insurance for covering theft.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Apple care plus since I rather pay for sprint insurance for covering theft.

Then take it to Apple and pay the repair for the scratch you put on the phone.
My Atrix scratched. My skyrocket scratched. My SGS3 shattered. My 3GS scratched.
I learned that glass scratches.
I now put tempered glass protectors on my devices. No scratches.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Technically yes but this is the only phone in the same conditions that is getting scratched ... I go through phones like crazy....in the last 2-3 years is the Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket, s3 , s4, nexus 5 , Note 3 , Note 4 , Motorola Droid Turbo , Nexus 6 and this iPhone 6 plus. Two of the phones I only owned for 24 hours but the rest I've owned for at least a month or 2. None of these phones got scratched up like how my iPhone has. It's called "ion strengthened" but so far I've seen it more prone to scratches then any other previous phone I have owned

No, not technically. Actually.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Then take it to Apple and pay the repair for the scratch you put on the phone.
My Atrix scratched. My skyrocket scratched. My SGS3 shattered. My 3GS scratched.
I learned that glass scratches.
I now put tempered glass protectors on my devices. No scratches.

None of my previous phones EVER scratched and yet this is the one with the issues .... If I need to buy a screen protector just for one phone .......

Plus this ain't worth spending $150 to fix the glass either

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes technically ...the screen is more prone to scratches under conditions that were easily the same as my previous phones and never got scratched before ...

No. The phone does not spontaneously scratch. Your actions caused it to scratch. Man up.

Google instances of the phone spontaneously scratching.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
None of my previous phones EVER scratched and yet this is the one with the issues .... If I need to buy a screen protector just for one phone .......

Plus this ain't worth spending $150 to fix the glass either

Then live with the consequences of your choices.

My SGS3 shattered. Ergo Samsung made phones that are prone to shattering because none of my other phones ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro