I question the quality of glass apple using on the 6 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I only had the 6 plus for 2 weeks and it has a scratch on the coating. I never had this issue with my older phones. iPhone 4, various Samsung devices or nexus 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Anything can scratch. It just depends on random conditions. After using my old 4S for a few months without a screen protector I had a few scratches. My original iPhone which I still have never had a screen protect and its scratch free.
It just depends. I always use a screen protector because I'd rather scratch the protector than the screen. I don't mind having a scratched up screen protector.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I only had the 6 plus for 2 weeks and it has a scratch on the coating. I never had this issue with my older phones. iPhone 4, various Samsung devices or nexus 5

Did you scratch your older phones in the exact same manner in which you scratched your iPhone 6 Plus? If not, how do you know the older phone wouldn't have also been scratched under the exact same conditions? Maybe it's me, but I'm under the impression that glass can be scratched and broken, and if it does, I'll simply get it replaced and try not to damage it again.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Did you scratch your older phones in the exact same manner in which you scratched your iPhone 6 Plus? If not, how do you know the older phone wouldn't have also been scratched under the exact same conditions? Maybe it's me, but I'm under the impression that glass can be scratched and broken, and if it does, I'll simply get it replaced and try not to damage it again.

No I haven't and I usually keep a phone typically for only for a year if that. The last few I had were scratch free for the most part. My iPhone 4 was the last one I had for more then a year (20 months ) and I gave that phone a beating and came out of it with only a gouge left of home button and a few of these scratches of the coating toward the 14 month mark.

The note 3 I had for 9 months and it had one but that's it and very minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't and I usually keep a phone typically for only for a year if that. The last few I had were scratch free for the most part. My iPhone 4 was the last one I had for more then a year (20 months ) and I gave that phone a beating and came out of it with only a gouge left of home button and a few of these scratches of the coating toward the 14 month mark.

The note 3 I had for 9 months and it had one but that's it and very minor.

Oh okay. Well, hopefully, you won't acquire any more scratches on your iPhone 6 Plus. By the way, have you considered attaching a screen protector? Also, do you ever lay your iPhone 6 Plus down with its screen touching the surface?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. Well, hopefully, you won't acquire any more scratches on your iPhone 6 Plus. By the way, have you considered attaching a screen protector? Also, do you ever lay your iPhone 6 Plus down with its screen touching the surface?

As I said to the other person I tend to hate them and throw them out. Have tried glass on the note 3 and hated it. But might try it on the iPhone if this becomes a bigger issue .

Na I don't ever do that. Even if I did I do have the Apple leather case so I don't think it's an issue ?

Will the Apple Store replace the phone ?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As I said to the other person I tend to hate them and throw them out. Have tried glass on the note 3 and hated it. But might try it on the iPhone if this becomes a bigger issue .

Na I don't ever do that. Even if I did I do have the Apple leather case so I don't think it's an issue ?

Will the Apple Store replace the phone ?

Replaced due to a scratched screen? Maybe, but that depends on the person who's helping you. Apple is more than willing to accommodate its customers, but they do have limits. Do you tend to be OCD in regard to your iPhone?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Replace t due to a scratched screen? Maybe, but that depends on the person who's helping you. Apple is more than willing to accommodate its customers, but they do have limits. Do you tend to be OCD in regard to your iPhone?

5 years ago yeah but now I find it annoying but something I'll live with. Guess I'll see if I can get it replaced since I have a wifi issue anyways

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
5 years ago yeah but now I find it annoying but something I'll live with. Guess I'll see if I can get it replaced since I have a wifi issue anyways

Okay great. Let us know how it turns out for you, if you don't mind...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used an iP 4 with no screen protector for 18 months. When I upgraded early and traded it in with Verizon, it had one tiny little scratch that could only be seen from one angle with the light just right. I had carried it in my pocket the 18 months with keys, coins and everything else. I thought the glass held up rather well.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I used an iP 4 with no screen protector for 18 months. When I upgraded early and traded it in with Verizon, it had one tiny little scratch that could only be seen from one angle with the light just right. I had carried it in my pocket the 18 months with keys, coins and everything else. I thought the glass held up rather well.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Yeah my iPhone 4 was a great phone Idc what anybody says about it. Didn't baby it at all actually and had it dropped multiple times in concrete floors and never broke the glass. Had a few scratches but it survived everything I put at it. The iPhone 6 plus I don't feel would survive all that but I don't abuse my phones like I did with my iPhone 4

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you scratched it some how, and you question the durability/quality of the product itself?

If you run your car into a telephone pole will you also question the build quality of the car afterwards?

Or perhaps if you threw a brick at your television, you'd question the quality of the screen?

I question the quality of your posts honestly.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So you scratched it some how, and you question the durability/quality of the product itself?

If you run your car into a telephone pole will you also question the build quality of the car afterwards?

Or perhaps if you threw a brick at your television, you'd question the quality of the screen?

I swear I was about to post "I can't wait until Sean comes in here" then here you were, LOL

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

I agree with this.Very good observation.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree with this.Very good observation.

Lol then don't comment ? For the past year I had the the note 3, nexus 5 , note 4 and this phone and none of the others I mentioned got scratched 2 weeks of ownership. Even with the note 3 it was around 7 months of owning it and had about a tiny 2-3 inch scratch on that coating ( not an actual scratch of the glass) and couldn't really see it unless you go looking for it in direct sunlight. If I could actually take pictures of all those old phones I would and actually could see it.

I have a Note 4 still laying around before I give it to sprint so I'll see if I could show you that screen

I ignored the guy you posted a while ago but to simply put I have kept it not near any beaches ( this isn't a scratch on the glass anyways so a moot point ) near keys or anything else. And secondly it's Apple and oranges with one is accusing me of scratching it when I didn't have anything to really scratch it. This isn't me crashing my car into a post or whatever stupid examples he said.

I've also Googled this and seen other people having this issue and it was off Apple own website community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods