What about the people who are not reporting scratching. Like myself. What exactly am I doing to prevent this?
    I've had my 6 plus since early November and no scratches. The scratches I've read about on the net months ago were scratches on the edge of the display where my screen protector doesn't completely cover.
    I've got a tempered glass screen protector that does not cover the edges. Have had the phone since release day. Not one single solitary scratch.

Oh hey I dropped my SGS3. The screen shattered. I am questioning the quality of the glass Samsung uses. Wait, I didn't drop it. It spontaneously jumped from my hand to the floor. I didn't do it.
    04-01-2015 09:23 AM
    OK the screen does not spontaneously scratch, so you did in fact scratch it.
    Technically yes but this is the only phone in the same conditions that is getting scratched ... I go through phones like crazy....in the last 2-3 years is the Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket, s3 , s4, nexus 5 , Note 3 , Note 4 , Motorola Droid Turbo , Nexus 6 and this iPhone 6 plus. Two of the phones I only owned for 24 hours but the rest I've owned for at least a month or 2. None of these phones got scratched up like how my iPhone has. It's called "ion strengthened" but so far I've seen it more prone to scratches then any other previous phone I have owned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-01-2015 09:25 AM
    can't be done. To obvious...makes to much sense...and there's no crowd sourced dramatic affirmation had that way...
    Oh dang.....am I being logical again???
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:26 AM
    It's only been two weeks. Take the phone to an Apple store. Did you get Apple Care Plus?
    It's an easy solution. Why not simply do it?
    I don't have Apple care plus since I rather pay for sprint insurance for covering theft.

04-01-2015 09:27 AM
    I don't have Apple care plus since I rather pay for sprint insurance for covering theft.

Then take it to Apple and pay the repair for the scratch you put on the phone.
    My Atrix scratched. My skyrocket scratched. My SGS3 shattered. My 3GS scratched.
    I learned that glass scratches.
    I now put tempered glass protectors on my devices. No scratches.
    04-01-2015 09:31 AM
    Technically yes but this is the only phone in the same conditions that is getting scratched ... I go through phones like crazy....in the last 2-3 years is the Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket, s3 , s4, nexus 5 , Note 3 , Note 4 , Motorola Droid Turbo , Nexus 6 and this iPhone 6 plus. Two of the phones I only owned for 24 hours but the rest I've owned for at least a month or 2. None of these phones got scratched up like how my iPhone has. It's called "ion strengthened" but so far I've seen it more prone to scratches then any other previous phone I have owned

No, not technically. Actually.
    04-01-2015 09:32 AM
    Then take it to Apple and pay the repair for the scratch you put on the phone.
    My Atrix scratched. My skyrocket scratched. My SGS3 shattered. My 3GS scratched.
    I learned that glass scratches.
    I now put tempered glass protectors on my devices. No scratches.
    None of my previous phones EVER scratched and yet this is the one with the issues .... If I need to buy a screen protector just for one phone .......

Plus this ain't worth spending $150 to fix the glass either

04-01-2015 09:33 AM
    No, not technically. Actually.
    Yes technically ...the screen is more prone to scratches under conditions that were easily the same as my previous phones and never got scratched before ...

04-01-2015 09:34 AM
    Yes technically ...the screen is more prone to scratches under conditions that were easily the same as my previous phones and never got scratched before ...

No. The phone does not spontaneously scratch. Your actions caused it to scratch. Man up.

Google instances of the phone spontaneously scratching.
    04-01-2015 09:39 AM
    None of my previous phones EVER scratched and yet this is the one with the issues .... If I need to buy a screen protector just for one phone .......

Plus this ain't worth spending $150 to fix the glass either

Then live with the consequences of your choices.

My SGS3 shattered. Ergo Samsung made phones that are prone to shattering because none of my other phones ever did.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:41 AM
    "Some extremely large and overweight hipsters that wear tight size 44 jeans who live in their parents' basement have concluded on the internet that the glass on the 6 plus is not, indeed, tough enough. Therefore, it is a fact.."
    zerog46 and kch50428 like this.
    04-01-2015 09:51 AM
    Wasn't there a song called tough enough?????? Gotta google that.....
    04-01-2015 09:55 AM
    Far as I know the glass is about the quality of gorilla glass.
    04-01-2015 10:18 AM

How do you not get AC Plus on a 1K phone? Especially when you get 2 incidents of accident damage.
    04-01-2015 10:18 AM
    How do you not get AC Plus on a 1K phone? Especially when you get 2 incidents of accident damage.
    Because I have insurance through sprint ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-01-2015 10:19 AM
    No. The phone does not spontaneously scratch. Your actions caused it to scratch. Man up.

Google instances of the phone spontaneously scratching.
    No? You can google how easily this phone scratches even compared to the 5S .... This phone uses weaker glass then even the 4 ....

04-01-2015 10:20 AM
    No? You can google how easily this phone scratches even compared to the 5S .... This phone uses weaker glass then even the 4 ....

Find *one* instance of spontaneous scratching of the phone absent of human interaction.

One.

Phone in the box, pristine condition, and a scratch suddenly appears. Spontaneously. POOF!!!

Own up. Really. Your action scratched it.

By the way, Samsung makes phones that spontaneously shatter because my SGS3 shattered.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    04-01-2015 10:23 AM

I respectfully disagree. I've had my iPhone 6 Plus since launch day without a screen protector. I carry it in my pocket all day, every day. Nary a hint of a scratch anywhere, including the glass screen.

I would love to see documented proof of your claim that the current iteration of iPhone uses "weaker glass" than previous models.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    04-01-2015 10:25 AM
    He's never going to let go of the booger eaters sleeping in basements argument.
    Find *one* instance of spontaneous scratching of the phone absent of human interaction.

One.

Phone in the box, pristine condition, and a scratch suddenly appears. Spontaneously. POOF!!!

Own up. Really. Your action scratched it.

By the way, Samsung makes phones that spontaneously shatter because my SGS3 shattered.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    My actions didn't .... Same pockets with nothing else in them yet every other phone I have owned NEVER got scratched so given those facts the glass is weaker .... Also people on Apple own community website and techno buffalo has either a discussion on it or reported

He's never going to let go of the booger eaters sleeping in basements argument.

Err what ?

04-01-2015 10:26 AM
    I respectfully disagree. I've had my iPhone 6 Plus since launch day without a screen protector. I carry it in my pocket all day, every day. Mary a hint of a scratch anywhere, including the glass screen.

I would love to see documented proof of your claim that the current iteration of iPhone uses "weaker glass" than previous models.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    I carry all my previous phones and this one in the same pockets yet this is the only one being scratched .... OTHER people has already said elsewhere it's easier so I'm not the only one.... I even still have my 6 month old Note 4 and its screen is still perfect with no scratches

04-01-2015 10:28 AM
    My actions didn't .... Same pockets with nothing else in them yet every other phone I have owned NEVER got scratched so given those facts the glass is weaker .... Also people on Apple own community website and techno buffalo has either a discussion on it or reported

OK. So who's been using your phone? Found any instances of the screen spontaneously scratching on thin air? No???? Then this is a cry for attention. Yes?????? Prove spontaneously scratching iphone independent of human interaction.

Hang on. Gotta get more tea.
    04-01-2015 10:30 AM
    I carry all my previous phones and this one in the same pockets yet this is the only one being scratched .... OTHER people has already said elsewhere it's easier so I'm not the only one.... I even still have my 6 month old Note 4 and its screen is still perfect with no scratches

Who put the phone in the pocket? Did it jump there?
    04-01-2015 10:31 AM
    Who put the phone in the pocket? Did it jump there?
    Mama made sure he tucked it in there before school so the teacher wouldn't take it away.
    04-01-2015 10:52 AM
106 12345