My note 4 doesn't stream Netflix in HD???
    It does ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-08-2015 12:53 AM
    It does ....

Maybe I need to change the settings or something...
    04-08-2015 12:54 AM
    iMore will never gain a broad audience or an honest user base if you continue to ignore reality. The iPhone 6+ screen is fine but far behind the leaders in display. It is what it is and reality can be tough to accept at times.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    04-08-2015 01:09 AM
    Well, my take on the Plus is this:
    (keep in mind that as a screaming techtard, I might not be phrasing my findings correctly but I'll try)

I've had the Note 3. Back then I found the display amazing.
    I've had the 6. Can't find anything wrong with it except MY goofy eyesight demanded the Plus.
    So today, I got the Plus and...

THIS IS THE TOP OF MOUNT PHONORAMA, PERIOD.

Maybe it's the color saturation level, maybe it's the higher resolution, maybe it's more, maybe it's something else entirely different but holy geez, people, what a treat for wonky middle aged eyes, are you kidding me?!?!
    The Plus display is superb!
    I can read emails on it without my reading glasses, do you know how long it's been since I could do that?
    All my social media, texting, browsing the internet, heck, posting and reading here, all this without squinting, without my reading glasses, zero eye fatigue or strain, it's awesome!

So I won't deny that Samsung makes very nice displays, but nothing, nothing, NOTHING even comes close to the ease and clarity I've been experiencing with the Plus.

Consider me forever spoiled rotten and proud of it, hehehe...
    runner7395 likes this.
    04-08-2015 01:44 AM
    Well, my take on the Plus is this:
    (keep in mind that as a screaming techtard, I might not be phrasing my findings correctly but I'll try)

I've had the Note 3. Back then I found the display amazing.
    I've had the 6. Can't find anything wrong with it except MY goofy eyesight demanded the Plus.
    So today, I got the Plus and...

THIS IS THE TOP OF MOUNT PHONORAMA, PERIOD.

Maybe it's the color saturation level, maybe it's the higher resolution, maybe it's more, maybe it's something else entirely different but holy geez, people, what a treat for wonky middle aged eyes, are you kidding me?!?!
    The Plus display is superb!
    I can read emails on it without my reading glasses, do you know how long it's been since I could do that?
    All my social media, texting, browsing the internet, heck, posting and reading here, all this without squinting, without my reading glasses, zero eye fatigue or strain, it's awesome!

So I won't deny that Samsung makes very nice displays, but nothing, nothing, NOTHING even comes close to the ease and clarity I've been experiencing with the Plus.

Consider me forever spoiled rotten and proud of it, hehehe...
    Err what ? How would the 6 plus help you but not the note 3 ? Both have the same exact resolution and the only differences is slight over saturation and display type. With emails the viewing should be the same considering they are both around the 5.5 inch screen type with the note 3 0.2 inches bigger.

The iPhone 6 plus is Fantastic but it's not the best imo. 2K or QHD screens on a phone is a gimmick imo that really can't see a huge difference to consider it a selling point imo but the Note 4 screen is fantastic and from what I've read of S6 it's even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-08-2015 08:59 AM
    Err what ? How would the 6 plus help you but not the note 3 ? Both have the same exact resolution and the only differences is slight over saturation and display type. With emails the viewing should be the same considering they are both around the 5.5 inch screen type with the note 3 0.2 inches bigger.

The iPhone 6 plus is Fantastic but it's not the best imo. 2K or QHD screens on a phone is a gimmick imo that really can't see a huge difference to consider it a selling point imo but the Note 4 screen is fantastic and from what I've read of S6 it's even better.

I have no idea, like I said, I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out. For all I know it could be the type of screen or light or glass, the way it's put together, I don't know. But my eyes detect a clarity in the 6 Plus that wasn't there in the Note 3, for whatever reason. And what my eyes like, my eyes get, it's as simple as that.
    04-08-2015 10:51 AM

Just because 2 screens have the same resolution it doesn't mean that they will be of the same quality. My boyfriend has the note 3 (my old phone). The display on my 6 plus is better. The colours are better and things look crisper and sharper. Also with regard to emails. The rendering I a better on the iPhone and thus they look better. On the note 3, using the stock app emails are not scaled to for the screen so I would have to zoom out to get a good fit to the screen.
    04-08-2015 11:09 AM
    iMore will never gain a broad audience or an honest user base if you continue to ignore reality. The iPhone 6+ screen is fine but far behind the leaders in display. It is what it is and reality can be tough to accept at times.

What do I care what audience iMore gets? You make it sound like I'm being paid here. I don't care.

Nothing is more honest than an opinion. I went as far as attaching the word 'opinion' to the title. I went out of my way to make sure I didn't present any of what I said as a fact. Apparently that still wasn't good enough for you. Perhaps a cyber slap in the face would have gotten the opinion point across.
    04-08-2015 01:29 PM
    Just because 2 screens have the same resolution it doesn't mean that they will be of the same quality. My boyfriend has the note 3 (my old phone). The display on my 6 plus is better. The colours are better and things look crisper and sharper. Also with regard to emails. The rendering I a better on the iPhone and thus they look better. On the note 3, using the stock app emails are not scaled to for the screen so I would have to zoom out to get a good fit to the screen.
    The stock email client is horrible. I used Gmail which recently allowed the use of other email as well which is pretty good . Never had an issue with a good fit even with the stock client though so idk what your talking but for me it was fine.

The note 3 screen is still better with better crisper colors and sharper blacks. AMOLED > LCD imo but all that being said it isn't a selling point and the LCD screen Apple uses is still great in its own right. I would love an AMOLED screen on an iPhone but that will never happen.

04-08-2015 02:34 PM
    Yes gmail is fine. Everything renders properly in there. I tried out the new gmail app and added my non gmail email accounts to it but I wasn't able to attach from all the sources I could in stock email so reverted back to using stock for non gmail accounts and gmail for my google mail.

Maybe it's the way I set up the stock email or my email client (aol) that causes the rendering issues.
    04-08-2015 02:36 PM

The user base is plenty honest...and Mobile Nations negates the need for iMore to gain a broad audience, since it's a focused sub of a bigger group. Thanks for playing though...
    04-08-2015 04:26 PM
    I also got the 6 at launch then in November changed to 6 plus, man I was impressed with the 6 plus display and still am.. 2 of my coworkers have Note 4, but seeing them didn't really impressed me like the 6+ did!
    Evilguppy likes this.
    04-08-2015 05:10 PM
    I'm sorry but this needs to be said so I'm going to say it.

First, I'm going to use some material from a website that's known to not be very biased (at least I don't think they are). Anandtech.com

[Opinion] The 6 Plus has really turned me into a screen/display snob-73040.png
    [Opinion] The 6 Plus has really turned me into a screen/display snob-73042.png

Notice one thing, the iPhone 6 appears to be doing better than the newest Galaxy S6.

Even AppleInsider (which is very Apple-biased) says that but at least they have the benchmark scores to back it up.
    [Opinion] The 6 Plus has really turned me into a screen/display snob-12354-6142-galaxys6gfxbench033115-l.jpg

Lots and lots of pixels may be nice, no doubt about it, but if you don't have the GPU power behind that screen to drive all of those pixels it doesn't matter one bit how many you have because you're going to be dropping frames like mad. You have to have the GPU power behind the screen to drive the screen properly.

I would much rather have less pixels and have more frames per second than the other way around. Dropping frames is not fun.

Samsung Galaxy S6 delivers poor graphics performance vs. Apple iPhone 6 Plus

However, there's also another problem: by pushing resolution numbers so fast (and without any regard for whether having more pixels actually makes a discernible, qualitative difference), Samsung has pushed screen technology ahead of its own processor capabilities, resulting in extremely poor performance in high definition.
    04-09-2015 03:48 PM
    Mods, please close this thread. Sorry I started it. Never again. jesus f'ng christ.
    04-09-2015 06:27 PM
    Mods, please close this thread. Sorry I started it. Never again. jesus f'ng christ.
    Don't be sorry, my friend. You know how things can get sometimes in the forums.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-09-2015 07:02 PM
65 123