I own a Galaxy Note 3 and an IPhone 6 plus. I utilize the pop up video player feature on the note almost daily for watching movies while reading and doing other things. Does anyone know if there's an app for this on iPhone or a way to do it without jail breaking. I would love to be able to watch my movies on a little pop window that I can move around the screen while reading on my iPhone. If anyone knows how to do this I would greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
    03-29-2015 10:09 AM
    No such app exists that I'm aware of...
    03-29-2015 10:19 AM
    I know the iPhone is capable. It sucks so bad that there isn't a simple app to do this. Is there a way with jailbreak?

Sent From A Galaxy Note 3 Far Far Away
    03-29-2015 10:26 AM
    Or how about a YouTube pop up player?

03-29-2015 10:32 AM
    Not sure it is. I imagine a feature like that would eat ram up pretty good. If it did, the rest would probably be bogged down.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    04-01-2015 06:04 PM
    Mmmmmmm. Considering it only has 1 gig of ram u may be right. My note has 3

04-01-2015 06:10 PM
    Only through a jailbreak with a tweak called VideoPane.
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-01-2015 07:40 PM
    Yeah. That's the only thing I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-01-2015 08:08 PM
    Mmmmmmm. Considering it only has 1 gig of ram u may be right. My note has 3

Wow! That is so cool man! Can you tell us more about your awesome Note with 3 whole GB's of RAM? I'm extremely envious of it and wish I could read more about it on iMore! I mean what was Apple thinking not including a native app to watch a video in a microscopic little box on my screen while I'm doing something else important on my phone? I mean there's nothing like watching Guardians of the Galaxy in a box the size of a couple of postage stamps...you really FEEL the action!
    violetjune likes this.
    04-01-2015 10:25 PM
    Wow! That is so cool man! Can you tell us more about your awesome Note with 3 whole GB's of RAM? I'm extremely envious of it and wish I could read more about it on iMore! I mean what was Apple thinking not including a native app to watch a video in a microscopic little box on my screen while I'm doing something else important on my phone? I mean there's nothing like watching Guardians of the Galaxy in a box the size of a couple of postage stamps...you really FEEL the action!
    Well....thank you for bringing high-school bullying to the forum pal. Unfortunately for you I'm about to reverse it on you. No one likes a fan boy on either platform so relax. Pop up window is not the size of a postage stamp on a ginormous phone like the note 3 and wouldn't be on the even bigger iphone 6 plus. It fills the top half of the screen. I got the iPhone 6 plus as a gift and I actually like it. I was simply trying to see if it could possibly do the only thing I actually favorite on the note. Unlike you I'm not a fan boy of either. You picked the wrong one today.

04-01-2015 11:08 PM
    Judging from your profile of replies it seems you are in fact the troll. Negative negative negative

04-01-2015 11:11 PM
    Got a moderater liking your post too. Mmmmmmmmmm. Great place we have here

04-01-2015 11:29 PM
    I wasn't going to say anything now... Yeah, I'm going to. That was a bit out of line. We may like the iPhone platform here but that doesn't at all mean that the iPhone is perfect. There are a number of features that I'd like to see come to the iPhone platform that Android has. I've spent life in both the Android and iOS camps so I have a rather unique perspective on the matter.

I love my iPhone, there's no denying it. The difference is that I try not to be a fanboi about it.
    04-01-2015 11:51 PM
    Well....thank you for bringing high-school bullying to the forum pal. Unfortunately for you I'm about to reverse it on you. No one likes a fan boy on either platform so relax. Pop up window is not the size of a postage stamp on a ginormous phone like the note 3 and wouldn't be on the even bigger iphone 6 plus. It fills the top half of the screen. I got the iPhone 6 plus as a gift and I actually like it. I was simply trying to see if it could possibly do the only thing I actually favorite on the note. Unlike you I'm not a fan boy of either. You picked the wrong one today.

Where to begin...

You mentioned my profile of replies (whatever that means, lol)...there's over 10,000 of them, so honestly, I'm impressed you were able to look through them all. You deserve some kind of medal and a place in the Guinness Book of World Records! Bravo!

Now onto the rest of your blabber...

I picked the wrong one today? You're going to "reverse it on" me? So far all I've asked you to do was tell us all about your unimaginably powerful Note with all it's impressive RAM, but for some reason you took offense! I just really enjoyed your posts man! They were so fascinating...what with all the GB's and RAM's and stuffs.

And bullying? That word is used far to loosely these days. I'm not sure you have a grasp as to what the word means. You seem to use the term 'fan boy' pretty generously too...some how applying it to what I said about your comment. Again, perhaps you've just never had it clarified for you...but as the "fan boy bully", I can't be bothered to define either for you...maybe you can use that cool little pop up screen to ask your note for the definition of both words, and then combine it with a tutorial in verbiage application.

Before this drags on too long...and lastly...I never said it was the size of a postage stamp. I said it was the size of TWO postage stamps. That's TWICE as big as you gave me credit for labeling it as, and I would appreciate it if you would at least represent my post accurately since I represented your beloved pop up window accurately in description.

Unlike you, I'm not parading around an iPhone forum talking about what another device does better.

And as far as picking the "wrong one" today...that scenario wasn't possible. There was no right or wrong one...you just happened to be one of the "easy" ones.

Have a great evening buddy!

04-02-2015 12:04 AM
    Wah

04-02-2015 12:05 AM
    And.....the award for most posts with negative connotations goes too...........

04-02-2015 12:06 AM
    I wasn't going to say anything now... Yeah, I'm going to. That was a bit out of line. We may like the iPhone platform here but that doesn't at all mean that the iPhone is perfect. There are a number of features that I'd like to see come to the iPhone platform that Android has. I've spent life in both the Android and iOS camps so I have a rather unique perspective on the matter.

I love my iPhone, there's no denying it. The difference is that I try not to be a fanboi about it.
    I wasn't going to say anything either until our new friend decided to talk about how the iPhone only has 1GB of RAM (which is all that it needs to run optimally while we're on the subject)...and then making sure he clearly and concisely pointed out how much MORE then Note had...with such a pronounced implication that it would take a blind, deaf giraffe not to see what is going on here.

And you know, I'm all for people wanting things MORE from whatever device they prefer...I want more all the time! Just today I was so frustrated with the fact that the landscape mode on the 6 Plus, when using the music app, is pretty much worthless. That really sucks, especially when the iPad has such a great music app in landscape mode. Go figure.

By no means do I think the iPhone is perfect...I find flaws with it all the time. But you know, I guess I just expect people to post in the community here with a little dignity and regard for the core of the community. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but when I see someone come into the sub, and start clamoring on about things we see all the time from trolls that visit sporadically, you'll have to forgive me when I start proactively responding in kind.

A bit out of line? Sure. And I don't regret it one bit.
    04-02-2015 12:10 AM
    Dude your absolutely paranoid. There's nothing 'going on here'. I had a legit question.. Your a little sick do you know that? It's pathetic how serious your taking yourself on these forums. What a nerd.

Dennisgarcia likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:13 AM
    You've been trumped. Goodnight. I won't give you the satisfaction of one more post. Enjoy your forum rants nerd fan boy

04-02-2015 12:16 AM
    Dude your absolutely paranoid. There's nothing 'going on here'. I had a legit question.. Your a little sick do you know that? It's pathetic how serious your taking yourself on these forums. What a nerd.

Weird...remember that one time you talked about high school bullying? And then you resorted to name calling?

Well I guess it's not EXACTLY the same here...name calling would be more in line with elementary school level bullying I suppose...but I digress.

Funny you talk about me taking this too "seriously"...when my initial response to you was pure sarcasm and you came out of the box swinging aimlessly as you were apparently absolutely appalled someone could talk to you like that, lol!

Perhaps you could try taking some of your own medicine? They say laughter is also a great medicine, and trust me, it's working for me fantastically...I've been laughing at your posts for about 15min. now!
    04-02-2015 12:19 AM
    You've been trumped. Goodnight. I won't give you the satisfaction of one more post. Enjoy your forum rants nerd fan boy

Thanks man! You enjoy your postage stamp/s size screen you're so obsessed with! I bet your marathons of Sex and the City are just epic in that regard!
    04-02-2015 12:23 AM
    OK, I do agree that even though the iPhone only has 1 GB of RAM it performs far better than an Android phone but that's because of many key differences in how the two platforms operate and how apps are run at the core OS level.

As you know, iOS apps are written, developed, and compiled in a program on the Mac called XCode. XCode is Apple's answer to Microsoft's Visual Studio. XCode not only compiles the app's source code into a fully functioning binary that's ready to run on the bare metal of the CPU in the iPhone but it also optimizes the hell out of the code and the resulting binary so as to make the app run the best it can on the hardware that the iPhone has.

This is where Android differs. There's no set standard hardware that Android runs on and that's its biggest weakness. You can't target an app to run a specific piece of hardware like you can with the iPhone. When you make an app on the Android platform the code is compiled into what is called Java Bytecode and stored in an APK file. That APK file is read, run through the Dalvik engine, compiled into machine code at runtime, and then finally executed. Granted, this changed in Lollipop in which an app is compiled fully to machine code at app installation time but it results in an app that's nowhere near as optimized on a machine code level like what iOS apps are.

So yes, with the hardware that the iPhone has it can and does perform better than Android in that case because each app is tailor made, compiled, and optimized so as to run the very best it can on the iPhone. Does that mean that the iPhone doesn't need 2 GBs of RAM? No. I sure as hell would love to have an iPhone with 2 GBs of RAM in it but does it necessarily need it? No. Do I want it? Hell yeah.
    04-02-2015 12:23 AM
    So yes, with the hardware that the iPhone has it can and does perform better than Android in that case because each app is tailor made, compiled, and optimized so as to run the very best it can on the iPhone. Does that mean that the iPhone doesn't need 2 GBs of RAM? No. I sure as hell would love to have an iPhone with 2 GBs of RAM in it but does it necessarily need it? No. Do I want it? Hell yeah.
    I agree 100%. Having more and having no use for it is a far cry better than not having enough and hitting the wall where you have to have it to continue.
    04-02-2015 12:29 AM
    I agree 100%. Having more and having no use for it is a far cry better than not having enough and hitting the wall where you have to have it to continue.
    And that's the difference. Android needs the RAM to run, if it doesn't have it, it falls flat on its face. Whereas iOS can run perfectly well on 1 GB of RAM with many apps open and still keep functioning with little to no lag.

I do have a friend that has an iPad Air 2 and it has 2 GBs of RAM. I imagine that the main reason it has 2 GBs of RAM is because it's a tablet device and many apps for the iPad are much, much larger than their iPhone counterparts to fill that screen up with graphics.
    04-02-2015 12:33 AM
    And that's the difference. Android needs the RAM to run, if it doesn't have it, it falls flat on its face. Whereas iOS can run perfectly well on 1 GB of RAM with many apps open and still keep functioning with little to no lag.

I do have a friend that has an iPad Air 2 and it has 2 GBs of RAM. I imagine that the main reason it has 2 GBs of RAM is because it's a tablet device and many apps for the iPad are much, much larger than their iPhone counterparts to fill that screen up with graphics.
    I can appreciate that as well...which is why it stands out like a sore thumb when someone comes in, especially a new forum member, and starts clamoring on about "x" feature that they want on the iPhone from whatever device they are touting up at the time...and then they start throwing words around like "only" in regard to hardware specs by comparison.

I mean no offense to Android device fans...some of them are fantastic products...but at the end of the day, when you venture over to our little Apple-centric neck of the woods and proceed to do the things mentioned before...well, I guess I'm just that guy that feels like making a stink about it. Call it overdramatic...hell...call it unfriendly if you want, but understand that it's not just an "out of the blue" paranoia. As they say...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

And also take notice to how quickly he turned to the insult game here. That should be a pretty defined indicator of his intentions, regardless of how he tried to hide behind the guise of being honestly "curious". This stuff aint rocket science, you know what I mean? We've got so many trolls running around iMore that spotting them has become like shooting fish in a barrel.
    04-02-2015 12:42 AM
39 12