Hey all! So I got an iPhone 6 plus space grey AT&T model today, 128gig, and I was reading through several different forums and watched a few videos on how to spot a fake or clone. What I have noticed about mine is the chrome apple logo on back is reflective like a mirror. That is supposed to be one of the signs it is a fake. Well everything else on the phone checks out as to what all these videos and reviews are stating. The box is right, the camera and flash is right, it's running 8.2 ios witch I updated out of the box from 8.1.3. I have i Cloud and the app store running with my apple ID and so on. So this one thing is freaking me out. I called apple and they said it was a legit IMEI, I called AT&T and they said it was legit and never been activated. I ran the IMEI on all the check websites and it was clean. It's just this one little thing that is bothering me. Any opinions would be very helpful. I purchased it from guy, he showed me the shipping from fed ex from AT&T paperwork and offered his DL so I could see the same names as on the shipping paperwork. The phone runs great and has given me no problems whatsoever. I just happen to notice that little apple on back being more reflective than what was stated by the fake/clone experts on the web. Any ideas? Am I just crazy? I have a 5c from Verizon from work so I know its legit and its apple logo on back is also like a mirror. I can see my self in both?
    03-18-2015 07:13 PM
    mine is reflective like a mirror too- I bought it directly from apple. Relax and enjoy your new phone
    03-18-2015 07:19 PM
    mine is reflective like a mirror too- I bought it directly from apple. Relax and enjoy your new phone
    Thanks phreddyl! I was just thrown off by the videos that say that means it's fake.
    03-18-2015 07:21 PM
    Thanks phreddyl! I was just thrown off by the videos that say that means it's fake.
    A little paranoia is healthy. A lot? Not so much.

The Apple logo on my space grey iPhone 6 Plus is also shiny. I bought it direct from Apple, too.
    03-18-2015 07:41 PM
    03-18-2015 07:46 PM
    Yours is legit the real one. Mine is also shiny like a mirror like others have stated.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    03-18-2015 08:47 PM
    If you bought at a carrier store or directly from Apple I would think it would be safe as a legit product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-18-2015 10:27 PM
    If you bought at a carrier store or directly from Apple I would think it would be safe as a legit product

I didn't, I purchased from an individual that showed me his shipping paperwork from AT&T so I assumed it was legit till I saw the apple logo starring at me.
    03-18-2015 10:31 PM
    Mine is also pretty reflective. . No worries here

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    03-19-2015 03:07 AM
    The video showing how to spot a fake must be fake. If Apple and the carrier have confirmed the genuineness, you have a genuine product.
    03-19-2015 03:52 AM
    If the carrier checks out the IMEI the device is genuine. My Apple logo is also shiny. I ordered it directly from Apple on launch day.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    03-19-2015 08:04 AM
    Mine is shiny as well and mine was purchased at an AT&T store. If the imei checks out then you have a genuine iPhone. Stop fixating on the shiny Apple on the back.

03-19-2015 08:49 AM
    Try to download or purchase something from apple store..if u can..thats mean its not fake..

Make sure its was apple store..not google play

Sent from my  iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-19-2015 09:23 AM
    Rub the logo with a sandpaper and it will be good! 😉
    03-19-2015 09:25 AM
    Thanks all for the responses, I feel better now. And yes I signed in to iTunes and I Cloud and the app store when I activated it for the first time. It had never been opened. Nope not gonna rub it with sand paper LOL.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    03-19-2015 07:54 PM
    Isn't the apple logo a totally new and redesigned feature of the 6/6+? They actually made it as a stainless steel insert glued within the aluminum housing. It's not just a highly polished part of the aluminum backing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    03-20-2015 12:17 AM
    Isn't the apple logo a totally new and redesigned feature of the 6/6+? They actually made it as a stainless steel insert glued within the aluminum housing. It's not just a highly polished part of the aluminum backing anymore.

That's a good question? I have not heard that but it would make a ton of sense> Anyone else know anything about this???
    03-20-2015 02:32 AM
    That's a good question? I have not heard that but it would make a ton of sense> Anyone else know anything about this???
    Pretty sure it was noted at the unveiling in September.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogo...g-to-bendgate/

03-20-2015 09:09 AM
    Pretty sure it was noted at the unveiling in September.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogo...g-to-bendgate/

What I don't get about the article is that Apple did indeed change the design of the iPhone 4 and then the 4S after antenna gate. When Verizon model came out it had the antenna bands move slightly. Apple won't change the design probably but if that is the cause of "bendgate" it could change the Apple logo to something else like how they did previously like how they said in the article

03-20-2015 09:17 AM
    Why did you research fake iphones after buying one?
    03-20-2015 09:28 AM
    If you already activated the phone and are using it, I'm pretty sure you have a legit phone.

If you want to put the paranoia to an end, once and for all, you can check the serial number on Apples website:

https://selfsolve.apple.com
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-20-2015 10:20 AM
    What I don't get about the article is that Apple did indeed change the design of the iPhone 4 and then the 4S after antenna gate. When Verizon model came out it had the antenna bands move slightly. Apple won't change the design probably but if that is the cause of "bendgate" it could change the Apple logo to something else like how they did previously like how they said in the article

There is no "bendgate"...Apple would have to redesign the people sitting on their phones to address the bending issue.
    03-20-2015 02:17 PM
    What I don't get about the article is that Apple did indeed change the design of the iPhone 4 and then the 4S after antenna gate.
    They didn't alter anything at all with the 4S. It was released as it was and an inter-generation alter wasn't made.
    03-20-2015 02:35 PM
    There is no "bendgate"...Apple would have to redesign the people sitting on their phones to address the bending issue.
    The iAss.
    qbnkelt and TheRewardisCheese like this.
    03-20-2015 03:46 PM
    My apple is also reflective got mine from my carrier. If Apple and your carrier say it's legit then it's legit 😉
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    03-20-2015 04:28 PM
48 12