New 128 gig iPhone 6 plus, but I have a question... possible fake?!?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What I don't get about the article is that Apple did indeed change the design of the iPhone 4 and then the 4S after antenna gate. When Verizon model came out it had the antenna bands move slightly. Apple won't change the design probably but if that is the cause of "bendgate" it could change the Apple logo to something else like how they did previously like how they said in the article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no "bendgate"...Apple would have to redesign the people sitting on their phones to address the bending issue.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Why did you research fake iphones after buying one?

I researched it before and upon opening the new phone I inspected it and it passed all the things I looked for. After I got home I was just looking around and playing with my new device and noticed the apple and remembered what that video said so I questioned it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
They didn't alter anything at all with the 4S. It was released as it was and an inter-generation alter wasn't made.

Yeah they did didn't they? If you look at the Verizon model and AT&T model of the iPhone 4 they moved some of the antenna a bit slightly along with the volume buttons which is why some cases didn't work with both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah they did didn't they? If you look at the Verizon model and AT&T model of the iPhone 4 they moved some of the antenna a bit slightly along with the volume buttons which is why some cases didn't work with both.

I didn't say anything about the iPhone 4

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Verizon models sometimes vary from the CDMA models. This is why there are people who bought cases during the Note 4 AT&T release who had to alter it when it released elsewhere.
The iPhone 4 for Verizon released mid cycle. They adopted a universal design for subsequent devices.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Verizon models sometimes vary from the CDMA models. This is why there are people who bought cases during the Note 4 AT&T release who had to alter it when it released elsewhere.
The iPhone 4 for Verizon released mid cycle. They adopted a universal design for subsequent devices.

Yeah but they didn't use the OG AT&T model with the antenna issues in the 4S

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
The iPhone 4 released initially on AT&T and had a problem where calls would drop if the user held the phone in a way that made the antennae 'touch' via your hand as the connection. In February of the following year, Verizon released the iPhone 4 with a revised antenna system, which had the volume buttons moved slightly from the AT&T version. When the iPhone 4S was released, Apple released the newly designed (Verizon's version) of the antenna on all carriers so that the iPhones would all fit the same cases, etc. BreakingKayfabe is correct.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 4 released initially on AT&T and had a problem where calls would drop if the user held the phone in a way that made the antennae 'touch' via your hand as the connection. In February of the following year, Verizon released the iPhone 4 with a revised antenna system, which had the volume buttons moved slightly from the AT&T version. When the iPhone 4S was released, Apple released the newly designed (Verizon's version) of the antenna on all carriers so that the iPhones would all fit the same cases, etc. BreakingKayfabe is correct.

How is he correct ? They did change the design of the 4 and then this changed the design of the 4S. They obviously didn't use the "same" design of the 4. Thus indeed they could change the design of the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus. They could made the same general design like the 6 and 6 plus but change the Apple logo

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The 4S used the same setup as the Verizon 4 ... Wouldn't use the same antenna placement as the OG 4 to avoid the issue all together

That doesn't mean that they "changed" the antenna setup on the 4S. How could they change it if it wasn't even out yet?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They changed it because it wasn't the setup as the original 4? Duh ?

The original setup of the iPhone 4 is the original setup of yes, the iPhone 4. You're trying to lump in the design language of the 4 into the 4S as if somehow it's an obligation that Apple follow the same exact design language of the "S" version to the model before it. You don't know that for a fact.

I agree that they changed the antenna setup with the Verizon iPhone 4, though. But the 4S has nothing to do with anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal