Continuity not working .

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 plus and an iPad Air 2 and handoff isn't working. I've tried calling a few numbers and it says my iPhone isn't configured to do it but I have it on he settings required to do it. How do I fix this ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
make sure both devices are set with the same iCloud account and on the same wifi network?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How to Set Up Continuity Phone Calls On Your Mac and iOS 8 Device
Using Continuity phone calls requires all your devices are logged in with the same Apple ID. Make sure they are and then perform the follow steps:

On Your Mac:

• Open FaceTime (you can find it in Launchpad or in the Applications folder).
  • In the Menu bar at the top of the screen select FaceTime>Preferences.
  • In the preferences window make sure iPhone Cellular Calls is checked.
On Your iOS device:

• In the Settings app tap FaceTime.
  • Toggle the iPhone Cellular Calls switch to the on position.
Once both these settings are enabled the first time your Mac and iOS device are on the same network you’ll be prompted to enter a code that appears on your Mac into your iPhone. This is a security measure ensuring your phone calls aren’t being routed to the wrong Mac. Once you’ve entered this code once, you’re good to go. The next time you receive a call on your iPhone you’ll get a notification on your Mac and can simply click the notification to take the call. You can also make calls from the FaceTime app or by clicking on any phone number links in mail messages, web pages, and your contacts.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
How to Set Up Continuity Phone Calls On Your Mac and iOS 8 Device

Using Continuity phone calls requires all your devices are logged in with the same Apple ID. Make sure they are and then perform the follow steps:

On You Mac:
Open FaceTime (you can find it in Launchpad or in the Applications folder).
In the Menu bar at the top of the screen select FaceTime>Preferences.
In the preferences window make sure iPhone Cellular Calls is checked.

On Your iOS device:

In the Settings app tap FaceTime.
Toggle the iPhone Cellular Calls switch to the on position.
Once both these settings are enabled the first time your Mac and iOS device are on the same network you?ll be prompted to enter a code that appears on your Mac into your iPhone. This is a security measure ensuring your phone calls aren?t being routed to the wrong Mac. Once you?ve entered this code once, you?re good to go. The next time you receive a call on your iPhone you?ll get a notification on your Mac and can simply click the notification to take the call. You can also make calls from the FaceTime app or by clicking on any phone number links in mail messages, web pages, and your contacts.

I don't have a Mac and as far as macs go I am a pc guy ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Mac and as far as macs go I am a pc guy ...

Whether you use FaceTime or not, the Continuity feature takes advantage of the FaceTime process and, in essence, that is what you are using. The connection is done via FaceTime.

Configure both devices to use the same AppleID for FaceTime. Make sure the boxes are checked on both the iPhone and iPad settings to turn on both FaceTime and iPhone Cellular Calls under the Settings > FaceTime settings.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner