Apple Pay safe to use ?

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That's up to you if you don't think it is safe. If you don't think it is safe, then using your debit or credit card itself won't be safe for you as well. If you are worried about Apple pay, then just use cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That's up to you if you don't think it is safe. If you don't think it is safe, then using your debit or credit card itself won't be safe for you as well. If you are worried about Apple pay, then just use cash

Well an article says it can be hacked or something .... You can't exactly hack a credit card itself.

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Well an article says it can be hacked or something .... You can't exactly hack a credit card itself.

Pay hasn't been hacked. Pathetic verification process by banks have allowed stolen credit/debit cards to be verified and added.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Pay hasn't been hacked. Pathetic verification process by banks have allowed stolen credit/debit cards to be verified and added.

Ah. I just been skimming those articles since while I had an interest in the iPhone for months I never viewed Apple pay as a must have feature . Android had it for years and I never bothered with it . Good to know it doesn't seem as bad as those articles

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
OK I've been using Apple Pay since launch. I haven't been murdered yet like Sean has. And my bank account hasnt been cleaned.
This is just FUD that competing dying platforms like to proliferate to try to make themselves look good.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
With Apple Pay, instead of using your actual credit and debit card numbers when you add your card to Passbook, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted, and securely stored in the Secure Element, a dedicated chip in iPhone. These numbers are never stored on Apple servers. And when you make a purchase, the Device Account Number, along with a transaction-specific dynamic security code, is used to process your payment. So your actual credit or debit card numbers are never shared by Apple with merchants or transmitted with payment.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It's sort of like using a One-Time Credit Card. Apple Pay creates a virtual card of sorts for the purpose of that one purchase so even if the merchant's systems were hacked, like what happened to Home Depot, what the criminals have after you use Apple Pay is worth absolutely nothing.

The process is sometimes referred to as Payment Tokenization. Tokenization is a method for protecting card data by substituting a card's Primary Account Number (PAN) with a unique, randomly generated sequence of numbers, alphanumeric characters, or a combination of a truncated PAN and a random alphanumeric sequence.

So Apple Pay is secure. I would go so far as to say that it's ten-times more secure than using your actual credit card.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It's sort of like using a One-Time Credit Card. Apple Pay creates a virtual card of sorts for the purpose of that one purchase so even if the merchant's systems were hacked, like what happened to Home Depot, what the criminals have after you use Apple Pay is worth absolutely nothing.

The process is sometimes referred to as Payment Tokenization. Tokenization is a method for protecting card data by substituting a card's Primary Account Number (PAN) with a unique, randomly generated sequence of numbers, alphanumeric characters, or a combination of a truncated PAN and a random alphanumeric sequence.

So Apple Pay is secure. I would go so far as to say that it's ten-times more secure than using your actual credit card.

Yes on that front but if you read the reports they say otherwise which is why I am asking

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR