I trust the monoprice MFi certified lightning cables. The fraying issue happens to them all if you use your phone a lot while charging it. I do all the time. And I have fraying issues constantly. I've been through a lot of electrical tape.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    I have 2 10' foot Monoprice cables that didn't fray, but just stopped working out of the blue. A quick email to customer service and both were replaced free of charge (no pun intended). Life time warranty I believe ...
    03-17-2015 11:16 AM
    I have 2 10' foot Monoprice cables that didn't fray, but just stopped working out of the blue. A quick email to customer service and both were replaced free of charge (no pun intended). Life time warranty I believe ...
    Odd they both quit working. How long had you had them? I used mine for 8 months before it began to fray. Then I tried to sturdy it up and made it worse. Now there's a short up where I can't reach. So if I plug it in, it goes on and off on and off. LOL I've given up on it. Did you have to return the faulty cables?

03-17-2015 11:28 AM
    Odd they both quit working. How long had you had them? I used mine for 8 months before it began to fray. Then I tried to sturdy it up and made it worse. Now there's a short up where I can't reach. So if I plug it in, it goes on and off on and off. LOL I've given up on it. Did you have to return the faulty cables?

Both were hardly used, about 9 months old, and looked like new. Monoprice emailed me a prepaid shipping label that I printed out. I then mailed the cables out, about a week later new cables arrived ...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-17-2015 11:40 AM
    Both were hardly used, about 9 months old, and looked like new. Monoprice emailed me a prepaid shipping label that I printed out. I then mailed the cables out, about a week later new cables arrived ...
    I have had nothing but excellent customer service and an overall great experience with Monoprice and their products.
    03-17-2015 11:56 AM
    The OEM Apple lightning cable is disgraceful. I have replaced the thing at least 2-4 times per iPhone since it came out (iPhone 5, 5S & 6 Plus)
    03-18-2015 01:20 AM
30 12