Just got a 16GB iPhone Plus... should I return it?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
First of all there was no attempt to start an argument. A person asked if they should return a phone, said she only needed a 16GB, and a comment was made that 16 GB is a disgust. You don't know how that comment could affect that person's purchasing decision.

I can only envision you snapping your fingers while saying "first of all"...which makes it a bit comedic.

You threw the word "urged" into the mix, but I'm guessing you don't really understand what that means (since it was not done in the thread), then you decided to tell a person who was simply offering his own opinion of the 16Gb capacity device that he needed to "make up his mind", but again, he made a simple opinionated comment.

Also, I don't care how that comment could "affect" a person's purchasing decision. You seem to be the only person in this thread really invested in such for some odd reason...did we offend you by saying the 16GB model was useless to our own personal preferences? If so, get over it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can only envision you snapping your fingers while saying "first of all"...which makes it a bit comedic.

You threw the word "urged" into the mix, but I'm guessing you don't really understand what that means (since it was not done in the thread), then you decided to tell a person who was simply offering his own opinion of the 16Gb capacity device that he needed to "make up his mind", but again, he made a simple opinionated comment.

Also, I don't care how that comment could "affect" a person's purchasing decision. You seem to be the only person in this thread really invested in such for some odd reason...did we offend you by saying the 16GB model was useless to our own personal preferences? If so, get over it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my first iPhone , a 16GB 6 Plus. I switched companies and traded my Galaxy S4 fo it; I could've gotten a Note 4 but I have never owned an iPhone and since all my other devices are Apple I could integrate them all. But now after reading reviews and message boards I am wondering if I selected the wrong phone. I decided not to get the 64GB since I never had any capacity issues with my 16GB devices, including my Galaxy S4 which I never filled out the memory. Should I just keep the phone and use cloud storage? I do not download a lot of apps and I try to keep the pictures to a minimum.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!

Being that you do not and/or will not be downloading a lot of apps and you try to keep pictures to a minimum (I'll assume this applies to music that isn't streamed), then the 16 GB model should be sufficient for your needs. I am one of those people who can get by with the 16 GB model because I normally delete the apps that I don't regularly use, however, the price of the 64 GB was too good to pass up. Will I fill up the extra space? Heck no, but it's good to have it because it allows me more freedom to install and download and experiment with various apps without thinking of space constraints. Anyway, as I've stated above, the 16 GB model should be sufficient for your use, because t if you can swing it, get the 64 GB model. ;)

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm always going to be a believer that they should have kept the 32 gig and dropped the 16 gig model

Sent from one of my 's

They kept 16 because its easier to upsell from 16-64 than it would be if they started 32gb. I could get by with 32gb, but with being 16gb the base model, it was a no brainer to go to 64 for $100 more. Would be a much harder sell if 32gb was base.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
No offense to anyone, but 16GB is all but useless with pic/music/video file sizes.... Yeah, there's "the cloud", but that uses up valuable data... for which the carriers have us over the barrel for... Save your cellular data, get more storage up front!!

Eh it's not useless. I helped my mother get her iPhone 6 and she was happy with the 16gb. She doesn't listen to much music and what apps she uses is Facebook , mail , messenger , candy crush and other type of Facebook games. She takes most of her space with photos and I got her to save all her photos on Dropbox , iCloud and even one drive . For her the 16gb is ok and I bet for plenty of others .

That being said I went with the 128gb iPhone 6 plus because I am leasing it with sprint and it's only $5 more to lease the 128gb then 64gb. I need the space for music , apps and whatever else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a 16GB 6 Plus with every app that I personally need and some pics and still have 6.1GB free. I have no music but I could if I really wanted to. It's all up to you and what you can tolerate with regard to your storage capacity.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Get a 64 gb at least. Personally I rock the 128 gb but I have an excessive amount of music and movies I like to take with me while I'm on the road for work. Trust me in this case the bigger the better! My wife recently made the switch as well to a larger internal memory iPhone 6 Plus and she thanks me at LEAST once a week for convincing her to opt for the larger one.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Up until I got the iPhone 6, and eventually got the 6 plus, I had 16gb phones. Even with taking a lot of photos, I never had space issues. I usually only kept the apps I used on my phone.

However, I see a huge problem with 16gb phones. Apple has increased the size that developers can make their apps, so it is going to be harder to stick to a 16gb phone. I do have the 64gb version of the 6 plus and currently still have 43.1gb of space. That is with have more apps than I use daily or even frequently on my phone. I would probably be fine with a 16gb phone, but I do like having the extra space if I need it.

I used to get the iPad in 16gb as well, but when I got my first generation iPad Air (still rocking it!) I made the decision to go with a 32gb version when Apple had it on sale for $100 off. So I got the 32gb version for the price of the 16gb. I won't go back a 16gb iPad either now. The extra space has been a life saver for me. I now can actually keep movies and music on both my iPad and iPhone without fear of running out of space.

Peach1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you all for your advice. I'm still thinking it over; I have 14 days to decide, plus I would have to pay a $35 restocking fee. So far I'm very pleased with the phone. I tend to use my iPod touch and iPad mini 2 (both 32GB) more when I'm at home so I could just split the apps that I want to use over the 3 devices. As for music and videos I use Spotify and I only have videos on my devices when I travel so I do not need space for that.

Again, thanks. I'm really enjoying the iPhone experience.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for your advice. I'm still thinking it over; I have 14 days to decide, plus I would have to pay a $35 restocking fee. So far I'm very pleased with the phone. I tend to use my iPod touch and iPad mini 2 (both 32GB) more when I'm at home so I could just split the apps that I want to use over the 3 devices. As for music and videos I use Spotify and I only have videos on my devices when I travel so I do not need space for that.

Again, thanks. I'm really enjoying the iPhone experience.

Long run imo I would pay the restocking fee and get the 65gb iPhone. More the better in space if you ever need it. If you honestly think in about 15 months you'll be fine with 16gb then it's fine to keep. Remember you want to think in the future about how much space you need not necessarily about usage now. I had a 16gb iPhone 4 and it was fine for the first 12 months but it was full around the 14-15 month mark.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
They kept 16 because its easier to upsell from 16-64 than it would be if they started 32gb. I could get by with 32gb, but with being 16gb the base model, it was a no brainer to go to 64 for $100 more. Would be a much harder sell if 32gb was base.

I don't know I think lots of people would of still paid the 100.00 for the jump from 32 to 64 personally and I think they would have sold just as many 32 as the 16

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I own a monster 128gb iPhone 6plus and I couldn't ever imagine having a 16gig iPhone. My music alone is 10 gigs. It's up to you personally.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my first iPhone , a 16GB 6 Plus. I switched companies and traded my Galaxy S4 fo it; I could've gotten a Note 4 but I have never owned an iPhone and since all my other devices are Apple I could integrate them all. But now after reading reviews and message boards I am wondering if I selected the wrong phone. I decided not to get the 64GB since I never had any capacity issues with my 16GB devices, including my Galaxy S4 which I never filled out the memory. Should I just keep the phone and use cloud storage? I do not download a lot of apps and I try to keep the pictures to a minimum.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!

Only you know your needs. Music is a big factor. If you want a lot of music in your phone's music library, I'd get the 64 gb. Many here have tons of music. More than 30 gb of music. Photos can be stored in apps like Box,Dropbox and OneDrive, then deleted from the camera roll. I have a 16 gb iP 5. I have 143 apps, 146 photos on the camera roll. The rest in cloud based apps. And 75 songs. I stream music and use TuneIn Radio. 8 email accounts. I have 4.7 gb available of phone storage. I have 4.3 gb of the 5 free iCloud gb available. So, if you want a lot of music, get the 64 gb.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had a 16GB iPhone since the iPhone 4, but with my 6 Plus I decided to go 64... Just because apps are getting bigger, and I wanna save photos and music on my device
I was just like you, never used 16GB ever but I decided to spend the extra money and go for the 64GB

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
16GB is really small and will be a pain once major OS updates roll out. Return it.

That is what ultimately made me decide to get the 64gb version this time around. So many people with 16gb devices were having problems upgrading to iOS8 because of lack of space. I was not one of them, but with apps getting bigger I knew it was a potential problem in the future. It is definitely worth the extra $100 IMO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner