Exchange it for the 64GB version.
    03-18-2015 06:08 PM
    I opted for 64 GB version and I think even you should exchange it. HD videos and slow mo videos eat up a lot of space. And with the bigger screen of 6 Plus, you will be tempted to add movies and videos into your phone. Better to have free space than struggle with no space.
    03-19-2015 09:43 AM
    I bought the 16 gb version as well and am hoping it's enough space. I don't put music on my phone though because I use and pay for spotify. I think that will help me save quite a bit of space.
    03-19-2015 07:56 PM
    Hello everyone,

I ended up exchanging my 16 GB for the 64GB version. However, I am a bit worrried since some of the apps crashed on the new phone (Safari and Weather). Will updating the iOS fix this??
    03-21-2015 05:49 PM
    I bought the 16 gb version as well and am hoping it's enough space. I don't put music on my phone though because I use and pay for spotify. I think that will help me save quite a bit of space.
    I pay for Google music and download the music whenever I'm on the train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-21-2015 07:57 PM
    I pay for Google music and download the music whenever I'm on the train

I didn't realize downloading the spotify playlists actually takes up space on the phone ! Does it not do this with Google music ?
    03-22-2015 02:21 AM
    I didn't realize downloading the spotify playlists actually takes up space on the phone ! Does it not do this with Google music ?
    ? How is it different then buying music ... Just because you purchase spotify don't mean it don't take up space ....

03-22-2015 02:58 AM
    Eh it isn't for some people though. If you don't need a lot of apps, don't listen to music or listens to streaming all the time because you have unlimited data or t-mobile where it's free, or saves photos to iCloud or some other cloud service then the saving of a few dollars per month or $100 or so up front is worth it to those people.

Except Data doesn't work when you don't have a decent signal, and if you're on T-Mobile, that's in a lot of places (nb4 obligatory "it's great wherever I go!").

Additionally, like I said in the other post you didn't quote, you don't know how your use cases will change in the near future. A lot of people got 16GB phones, 16GB Phones with No SD Card, phones with mediocre cameras, phones missing certain sensors etc. because they didn't need it now and then found themselves wanting in 8-12 months because of it.

Someone worrying about a $100 for more storage is likely to be stuck with a device that wasn't future proof enough for their growing/changing needs in a year because those are the people that are least likely to upgrade on a yearly basis to begin with.

The OP can get whatever they want or keep whatever they want. No one really is obligated to justify their decisions to strangers on a forum.

But the 16GB SKUs really are a bad value proposition given the price o the 64GB this go around. Apple made it that way, on purpose, to move people to bigger storage devices so that their needs adapt to the higher storage (instead of settling for less) and they are tethered to the higher storage devices moving forwards.

Their intent is not consumer-friendly, but the way they have worked the pricing, it just doesn't make much sense to go with 16GB over 64GB just to save $100.

It's as simple as I said it was. Wait a couple or few more weeks and scrape together $100, get the 64GB phone and move on. The only time it isn't that simple is if you are lacking in patience.
    03-29-2015 02:34 PM
    I would go 64gb or more
    03-29-2015 02:50 PM
    It's about average revenue per unit sold. Apple knew that the vast majority of users would have gone for the base model if it would have been 32GB Instead of 16GB. It has effectively migrated those users that MUST have at least 32GB to the 64GB tier at a $100 premium. As a stockholder, I love this.

As a consumer, I am the worst since I always buy the highest capacity to not have to worry about space. I do realize the dreadful return on resale compared to the base I devices but I think this time around the 64GB will hold the most value. It is eminently more usable than the 16GB model, which will run into space issues come iOS update time with a modest media and app library on board.
    03-31-2015 12:47 AM
    Do you a lot of photos? This end taking the most space if you take a lot of pics.
    03-31-2015 07:21 AM
61 123