No offense to anyone, but 16GB is all but useless with pic/music/video file sizes.... Yeah, there's "the cloud", but that uses up valuable data... for which the carriers have us over the barrel for... Save your cellular data, get more storage up front!!
    Eh it's not useless. I helped my mother get her iPhone 6 and she was happy with the 16gb. She doesn't listen to much music and what apps she uses is Facebook , mail , messenger , candy crush and other type of Facebook games. She takes most of her space with photos and I got her to save all her photos on Dropbox , iCloud and even one drive . For her the 16gb is ok and I bet for plenty of others .

That being said I went with the 128gb iPhone 6 plus because I am leasing it with sprint and it's only $5 more to lease the 128gb then 64gb. I need the space for music , apps and whatever else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-15-2015 10:43 PM
    I have a 16GB 6 Plus with every app that I personally need and some pics and still have 6.1GB free. I have no music but I could if I really wanted to. It's all up to you and what you can tolerate with regard to your storage capacity.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    03-16-2015 04:08 AM
    Get a 64 gb at least. Personally I rock the 128 gb but I have an excessive amount of music and movies I like to take with me while I'm on the road for work. Trust me in this case the bigger the better! My wife recently made the switch as well to a larger internal memory iPhone 6 Plus and she thanks me at LEAST once a week for convincing her to opt for the larger one.

03-16-2015 07:07 AM
    Keep it. I like my 16GB iphone.
    03-16-2015 07:25 AM
    Up until I got the iPhone 6, and eventually got the 6 plus, I had 16gb phones. Even with taking a lot of photos, I never had space issues. I usually only kept the apps I used on my phone.

However, I see a huge problem with 16gb phones. Apple has increased the size that developers can make their apps, so it is going to be harder to stick to a 16gb phone. I do have the 64gb version of the 6 plus and currently still have 43.1gb of space. That is with have more apps than I use daily or even frequently on my phone. I would probably be fine with a 16gb phone, but I do like having the extra space if I need it.

I used to get the iPad in 16gb as well, but when I got my first generation iPad Air (still rocking it!) I made the decision to go with a 32gb version when Apple had it on sale for $100 off. So I got the 32gb version for the price of the 16gb. I won't go back a 16gb iPad either now. The extra space has been a life saver for me. I now can actually keep movies and music on both my iPad and iPhone without fear of running out of space.

03-16-2015 09:58 AM
    Thank you all for your advice. I'm still thinking it over; I have 14 days to decide, plus I would have to pay a $35 restocking fee. So far I'm very pleased with the phone. I tend to use my iPod touch and iPad mini 2 (both 32GB) more when I'm at home so I could just split the apps that I want to use over the 3 devices. As for music and videos I use Spotify and I only have videos on my devices when I travel so I do not need space for that.

Again, thanks. I'm really enjoying the iPhone experience.
    03-16-2015 12:50 PM
    Thank you all for your advice. I'm still thinking it over; I have 14 days to decide, plus I would have to pay a $35 restocking fee. So far I'm very pleased with the phone. I tend to use my iPod touch and iPad mini 2 (both 32GB) more when I'm at home so I could just split the apps that I want to use over the 3 devices. As for music and videos I use Spotify and I only have videos on my devices when I travel so I do not need space for that.

Again, thanks. I'm really enjoying the iPhone experience.
    Long run imo I would pay the restocking fee and get the 65gb iPhone. More the better in space if you ever need it. If you honestly think in about 15 months you'll be fine with 16gb then it's fine to keep. Remember you want to think in the future about how much space you need not necessarily about usage now. I had a 16gb iPhone 4 and it was fine for the first 12 months but it was full around the 14-15 month mark.

03-16-2015 02:04 PM
    They kept 16 because its easier to upsell from 16-64 than it would be if they started 32gb. I could get by with 32gb, but with being 16gb the base model, it was a no brainer to go to 64 for $100 more. Would be a much harder sell if 32gb was base.
    I don't know I think lots of people would of still paid the 100.00 for the jump from 32 to 64 personally and I think they would have sold just as many 32 as the 16
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    03-16-2015 06:29 PM
    I don't know I think lots of people would of still paid the 100.00 for the jump from 32 to 64 personally and I think they would have sold just as many 32 as the 16
    I would have bought the 32GB if it were an option.
    Premium1 and ladyc0524 like this.
    03-16-2015 09:11 PM
    Yes. Get the 64gb
    03-16-2015 09:23 PM
    I own a monster 128gb iPhone 6plus and I couldn't ever imagine having a 16gig iPhone. My music alone is 10 gigs. It's up to you personally.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    03-16-2015 09:40 PM
    I just bought my first iPhone , a 16GB 6 Plus. I switched companies and traded my Galaxy S4 fo it; I could've gotten a Note 4 but I have never owned an iPhone and since all my other devices are Apple I could integrate them all. But now after reading reviews and message boards I am wondering if I selected the wrong phone. I decided not to get the 64GB since I never had any capacity issues with my 16GB devices, including my Galaxy S4 which I never filled out the memory. Should I just keep the phone and use cloud storage? I do not download a lot of apps and I try to keep the pictures to a minimum.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!
    Only you know your needs. Music is a big factor. If you want a lot of music in your phone's music library, I'd get the 64 gb. Many here have tons of music. More than 30 gb of music. Photos can be stored in apps like Box,Dropbox and OneDrive, then deleted from the camera roll. I have a 16 gb iP 5. I have 143 apps, 146 photos on the camera roll. The rest in cloud based apps. And 75 songs. I stream music and use TuneIn Radio. 8 email accounts. I have 4.7 gb available of phone storage. I have 4.3 gb of the 5 free iCloud gb available. So, if you want a lot of music, get the 64 gb.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    03-16-2015 10:54 PM
    16GB is really small and will be a pain once major OS updates roll out. Return it.
    03-17-2015 03:04 AM
    I have had a 16GB iPhone since the iPhone 4, but with my 6 Plus I decided to go 64... Just because apps are getting bigger, and I wanna save photos and music on my device
    I was just like you, never used 16GB ever but I decided to spend the extra money and go for the 64GB
    03-17-2015 04:20 AM
    16GB is really small and will be a pain once major OS updates roll out. Return it.
    That is what ultimately made me decide to get the 64gb version this time around. So many people with 16gb devices were having problems upgrading to iOS8 because of lack of space. I was not one of them, but with apps getting bigger I knew it was a potential problem in the future. It is definitely worth the extra $100 IMO.

03-17-2015 10:51 AM
    Again, I really think it sucks that Apple left 16gb instead of 32gb. I can't imagine what anyone can do with such a big phone with only 16gb. Very boring.
    03-17-2015 11:30 AM
    That is what ultimately made me decide to get the 64gb version this time around. So many people with 16gb devices were having problems upgrading to iOS8 because of lack of space. I was not one of them, but with apps getting bigger I knew it was a potential problem in the future. It is definitely worth the extra $100 IMO.

And if you choose a program like AT&T next , t-mobile financing , Verizon edge or sprints leasing or easy pay its only a few dollars more per upgrade in capacity.

I was going to lease a iPhone 6 plus with sprint the 64gb which was $30 a month but saw online the 128gb is $35 so I went after that instead for only $5 more a month.

03-17-2015 11:35 AM
    And if you choose a program like AT&T next , t-mobile financing , Verizon edge or sprints leasing or easy pay its only a few dollars more per upgrade in capacity.

I was going to lease a iPhone 6 plus with sprint the 64gb which was $30 a month but saw online the 128gb is $35 so I went after that instead for only $5 more a month.

For T-Mobile a 16gb version is $0 down, and you just pay taxes. For the 64gb version it is $99+taxes. So for me it was an easy decision. Either way the iPhone 6 plus is $31 a month. The 128gb version is $199+ taxes. I don't need that much space so I didn't even need to consider that.

03-17-2015 12:24 PM
    For T-Mobile a 16gb version is $0 down, and you just pay taxes. For the 64gb version it is $99+taxes. So for me it was an easy decision. Either way the iPhone 6 plus is $31 a month. The 128gb version is $199+ taxes. I don't need that much space so I didn't even need to consider that.

Forgot they do that ...I know with AT&T , sprint and Verizon it's $0 down still worth it imo to get the 64 gb at least

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-17-2015 02:38 PM
    Personally I could never use 16gb phone. I have 19gb of music on my phone. If I only had 16gb would I need all that space? Probably not. I'd find a way to make due but I'd rather not worry about it.
    03-17-2015 04:44 PM
    Return it and pay the $100 extra to get to 64GB. I mean, $100 isn't a lot of money these days and it makes a big difference when you are trying to update your OS later on...
    03-18-2015 01:17 AM
    Return it and get a bigger SKU (64GB). You shouldn't buy devices thinking about NOW. You should buy for the future, and in the future you never know how your use cases will change. Storage is the one thing I don't recommend anyone skimp on, especially with how big mobile apps/games are getting these days.

$100 is worth it, because any other solutions you can come up with if you end up needing more storage will probably cost at least that much or more.

I say the same thing to people who buy the 6 but worry about the battery life compared to the 6 Plus. By the time you put a battery case on that thing, it will be about as big as a 6 Plus, and carrying around an external battery pack is more annoying than using what you may consider a "big phone."
    03-18-2015 02:46 AM

The obvious solution to that would be to put off getting a new phone for a few more weeks until you can afford the better deal, which is obviously/clearly the 64GB SKU of any of Apple's newer devices or Tablets.
    03-18-2015 02:58 AM
    The obvious solution to that would be to put off getting a new phone for a few more weeks until you can afford the better deal, which is obviously/clearly the 64GB SKU of any of Apple's newer devices or Tablets.
    Eh it isn't for some people though. If you don't need a lot of apps, don't listen to music or listens to streaming all the time because you have unlimited data or t-mobile where it's free, or saves photos to iCloud or some other cloud service then the saving of a few dollars per month or $100 or so up front is worth it to those people.

21stNow likes this.
    03-18-2015 10:39 AM
    Idk, its a lot harder a sell when 32gb is the base, because most could get away with just that and not needing 64gb for an extra $100.
    03-18-2015 05:06 PM
61 123