How often do you use your phone's specific features?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I was at the Walgreens near my house the other day using  Pay and started thinking about how often the person at the counter had seen someone use it so I asked her. She said "every day maybe a few times per day" and I thought that was pretty good considering most people don't have iPhone 6/6+ yet and even those who do don't use every feature like I do. I was wondering how often you guys use features like  Pay or, for 6+ users, landscape mode, TouchID or reachability or any other specific features of your phone. I use TouchID every time I unlock unless my fingers are wet or something and use reachability when I remember it. I don't use landscape mode much nor do I get to use  Pay very often because I usually don't remember to look for it unless I am at a place I know has it (like Walgreens). So how about it? And what is your favorite feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Why apple should open Apple Pay in India? What is different India, UK, Germany or other non-US countries?
India even will be last place where Apple open Apple Pay.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've never used Apple Pay. Never used NFC on my Android devices either. Guess that's just not a feature that's convenient to me.

I love touch ID, though I definitely could still live without it. I know this because I enjoy my iPhone 5c the most and it doesn't have that feature.

I don't use landscape or reachability. Though sometimes reachability will be activated on its own. Scared the heck out of me the first time it did.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Pay wherever I can. Thus far, I've only used it at Walgreen's and McDonald's. Using it at McDonald's is ideal in comparison to Walgreen's. I use Touch ID, Siri, dictation, the Notification Center and Control Center. Basically, I use every feature consistently except AirDrop and Continuity. Maybe one or two other things that I can't think of at this time...;)

Last edited:

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Why apple should open Apple Pay in India? What is different India, UK, Germany or other non-US countries?
India even will be last place where Apple open Apple Pay.

India is one of their potential market. Apple has really gained some traction in India in recent times and  Pay would come but yea, it won't be last! :) (just saying)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
TouchID has become such a regularly used feature that I can't imagine life without it...it's such a convenience, and works so well that it's just a natural function now.

Apple Pay is something i HAVE used, but I don't really use it often...there's a vending machine with powerade at my gym that uses it and I've probably had 90% of my usage of the feature with that one machine alone, lol! If they implemented it at my local grocery stores I'd probably use it a lot more.

I thought Landscape mode would be something I used a lot, but honestly, I don't really care for it most times outside of media playing.

I never use reachability because I have large hands and I don't really have to.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use Touch ID 100%
Apple Pay a few times a month usually at Walgreens.
Reachability all of the time
Landscape probably 40%

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So far I have not been able to use Apple pay since my bank does not support it yet. I do use TouchID 100% of the time to unlock my device, and I also use passbook frequently.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So far I have not been able to use Apple pay since my bank does not support it yet. I do use TouchID 100% of the time to unlock my device, and I also use passbook frequently.

Forgot about Passbook because it has also become such a commonly used feature...movie tickets go through passbook 100% of the time, as do Braves game tickets during the season.

velvetelvis

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
i actually forgot about reachability until recently when i was showing the phone to somebody. i use touch id to get into my phone. have to as i have work email on it. landscape a lot. apple pay when i can. siri has become more useful in recent updates but coming from android, i miss google now. i use notification center and control center all the time.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
i actually forgot about reachability until recently when i was showing the phone to somebody. i use touch id to get into my phone. have to as i have work email on it. landscape a lot. apple pay when i can. siri has become more useful in recent updates but coming from android, i miss google now. i use notification center and control center all the time.

If you download the google search app it has Google now in it. You just have to click on the app.
I use reachability all the time. I also enjoy landscape view in the email apps.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I missed google now for a little while but I just use the ESPN widget for sports scores,

I just hope the hey siri feature gets enabled without needing to be plugged in or just until I get my apple watch :)

Don't get to use apple pay often a lot of places don't have it yet.

Touch I'd is a must

Control center is my biggest used feature for the flashlight and alarm clock and calculator access. If they would just give me GPS toggle instead of rotation or do not disturb that would be nice.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I use all of them regularly, except Pay. And the only reason that I don't use Pay is that my credit union does not yet support it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID every time I wake up my phone or buy something.
Apple Pay almost every day, and every time I go to Starbucks or Walgreens.
Continuity ALL the time.
All the media services ALL the time.
Family sharing.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple Pay, Touch ID, reachability, landscape mode on 6+.... these are features I use almost every day. Touch ID I use all the time, since I have my phone passcode protected (enforced with connection to work email and network).

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Pay quite frequently as the vending machines at my work supports it, had used it at McDonalds, Office Depot, and Walgreens, it is a convenient feature and I use touch ID for everything including unlocking my phone

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus. I have Apple Pay set up but I've yet to use it. Don't ever feel the need to use reachability and landscape mode is used every now and then. I use TouchID almost every time I unlock my phone. Siri I've been using more recently.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox