Since my cousin picked up an iPhone 6 most times when we talk we have this ultra clear connection. We both are on verizon so maybe it's something to do with that? Is there some sort of official explanation on it? I seem to only notice it with her.
    03-08-2015 09:15 AM
    I doubt it, but take comfort in knowing that you, like many of us, enjoy a clear connection during phone calls on our mobile devices....
    03-08-2015 09:28 AM
    VoLTE, perhaps?
    03-08-2015 09:48 AM
    VoLTE, perhaps?
    Probably
    03-08-2015 09:52 AM
    That's Volte for sure. I notice it with anyone else who is on verizon, has a 6 or 6plus and has Volte turned on. It's a noticeable difference
    03-08-2015 02:26 PM
    It'll work with any Verizon device that is volte enabled and eventually there were reports a while back that att and Verizon r looking to make the HD voice from volte cross compatable.
    03-09-2015 07:54 AM
    I have 6plus and the wife has a 6. Our calls are absolutely crystal clear. Same thing, we are on Verizon. What a perfect scenario, I get crystal clear calls with my wife. I better not mess up any of her "orders", she knows I can hear every detail of what she said over the phone.
    03-09-2015 10:27 AM
    Unquestionably VoLTE...I was curious about this shortly after the release of the new models last year thinking that maybe we were getting voice over WiFi, but that was not the case (yet). VoLTE is awesome though...
    03-09-2015 11:17 AM
    It'll work with any Verizon device that is volte enabled and eventually there were reports a while back that att and Verizon r looking to make the HD voice from volte cross compatable.
    You sure about that? It was extremely limited on which devices it worked on when it was first implemented, and I haven't found any source that shows they opened it wide to any device with the capability yet.
    03-09-2015 11:18 AM
    You sure about that? It was extremely limited on which devices it worked on when it was first implemented, and I haven't found any source that shows they opened it wide to any device with the capability yet.
    Yea I am sure about that my dad has a lg G3 and that was one of the first devices that got the volte hd calling features. It's not an iPhone feature its a feature on Verizon wireless network and it was available for 2 phones the lg G3 and Samsung Galaxy s5 before the iPhone 6 was even released.
    03-09-2015 11:20 AM
    Yea I am sure about that my dad has a lg G3 and that was one of the first devices that got the volte hd calling features.
    Here's the list of compatible Verizon devices...

Advanced Calling 1.0 ? VoLTE ? Verizon Wireless

...and the AT&T list...

Smartphones - AT&T has a Smartphone for Every Budget

Still pretty small group of devices, but it's growing, which is good.
    03-09-2015 11:25 AM
    Since my cousin picked up an iPhone 6 most times when we talk we have this ultra clear connection. We both are on verizon so maybe it's something to do with that? Is there some sort of official explanation on it? I seem to only notice it with her.
    When I get these calls on my Android phone (Note 4 and Note Edge), it says they are HD calls. I haven't noticed an indicator on my 6+ that shows when these calls are taking place. I just want to stay on the phone all day and talk when this happens though. I am on T-Mobile.
    03-09-2015 11:33 AM
    When I get these calls on my Android phone (Note 4 and Note Edge), it says they are HD calls. I haven't noticed an indicator on my 6+ that shows when these calls are taking place. I just want to stay on the phone all day and talk when this happens though. I am on T-Mobile.
    That's most likely Wi-Fi calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-09-2015 04:36 PM

Nah...WiFi calling actually has the phone icon with the WiFi bars above it, and you would be prompted AFTER the call (the first time) that you just made a voice over wifi call. This is all taken directly from Tmobiles website.
    03-09-2015 07:53 PM

I keep WiFi off at all times because I pay for unlimited data on my phone., It says HD calls when WiFi is off.
    03-09-2015 11:49 PM

Here is what my 6+ and Note 4 show when WiFi is enabled for WiFi calls. I have T-Mobile on both phones.

Ultra clear phone calls sometimes?-fullsizerender.jpgUltra clear phone calls sometimes?-scrapbook_1425959642860.png

Also, here is what HD calls show as on my Note 4. Notice WiFi is off. (I love that S Pen for creating screen caps!)

Ultra clear phone calls sometimes?-image_1425960140956.png
    03-09-2015 11:59 PM
    Here's the list of compatible Verizon devices...

Advanced Calling 1.0 ? VoLTE ? Verizon Wireless

...and the AT&T list...

Smartphones - AT&T has a Smartphone for Every Budget

Still pretty small group of devices, but it's growing, which is good.
    Question? Is this only for contract phones? Because I am on prepaid.
    03-10-2015 02:34 PM
    I don't think it matters as long as your phone is part of that criteria and you're in an area that offers VoLTE.
    03-10-2015 02:37 PM