What would you tell a new user?

Rachelfran

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
My Iphone 6 plus is on the truck on it's way to me and I'm excited. My current phone is an Iphone 5; I use my phone for computer browsing and email (personal and work) more than for phone calls so I know I'll be thrilled with the larger size.

Is there anything you've discovered about the phone that you'd want to know if you were new to the phone now?
Any problems you didn't anticipate?

Thanks!
Rachel

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The display is fantastic IMHO. I never have the brightness over 50%. Reachability is a great feature. Landscape home screen is good and split screen email and messages.
Back to the display. I've seen a few HD videos on YouTube that just pop off the screen.
The camera is killer. Photos have a rich quality to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd tell the new user to first admire the beauty of the new device. After that, power it up and get it setup. Then go through each setting and make changes according to your likes and dislikes. Install the apps you want and then go through the settings again. When the device is set up to the user's satisfaction, enjoy using it.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the 6 to the 6 plus today I'd say you will love the big display, and you will enjoy it. Don't text and drive period but especially not with this phone. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd tell a new user not to read into what they see online and to enjoy the phone themselves...and if they notice issues that come up in their OWN usage habits, report them, and refrain from reading "issue threads" online and becoming paranoid about every single thing other users have reported (like we've seen here on the forum).

Will the phone be perfect for you? Quite possibly! Mine surely has been close, despite a few hiccups. Going by what some people say though, you'd think this device was chalk full of problems that render it unusable...and most of those people post online in reflection of things they've "heard" or "read" instead of things they've actually personally EXPERIENCED.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I'm excited for you Rachel! The only thing I can think of is that despite the HUGE difference, you will get used to it and before you know it your old phone will seem too small.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711