Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back, does anyone else feel this way?

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back

You liking iOS over Android? I remember you from the Nexus forums over at AC. I like to hear stories from defectors...

I like iOS. I am back on my old Nexus 5 at the moment as I sold the 6 Plus (wanted to get top dollar so I can buy the 6s Plus). Just upgraded the Nexus 5 to Marshmallow Android 6.0 and can not tell much difference in the overall OS for Android. I still am a Google fan boy but am very happy with my decision to switch to the iPhone. I can't help but think how good Android would be if it was a closed ecosystem and they had kept Motorola and only had to design an OS for One phone and release only one phone a year. What I do not like about Android is there was never a phone that truly had it all, either had a good camera or a good battery, or something that took away from the phone over all. I love that Apple really does not have a lot of trade offs and I can buy a phone in Sept and not ave to worry about upgrading for a year and the resale value in phenomenal!!!!!

Thanks for asking

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I like iOS. I am back on my old Nexus 5 at the moment as I sold the 6 Plus (wanted to get top dollar so I can buy the 6s Plus). Just upgraded the Nexus 5 to Marshmallow Android 6.0 and can not tell much difference in the overall OS for Android. I still am a Google fan boy but am very happy with my decision to switch to the iPhone. I can't help but think how good Android would be if it was a closed ecosystem and they had kept Motorola and only had to design an OS for One phone and release only one phone a year. What I do not like about Android is there was never a phone that truly had it all, either had a good camera or a good battery, or something that took away from the phone over all. I love that Apple really does not have a lot of trade offs and I can buy a phone in Sept and not ave to worry about upgrading for a year and the resale value in phenomenal!!!!!

Thanks for asking

I completely understand. I've been a Google fan boy since the Droid X, but I can't help but get frustrated with Android. I've never found that one device that has it all and I constantly find myself searching for something new to cover what is missing in my current device. It gets rather expensive and annoying. I love Android for sure, but I'm so tired of the hunting for a new device game. I also agree that Android could be so much smoother and give a better overall experience if they didn't completely saturate the market with umpteen billion devices. I'm using a Nexus 6 now, but it will be going up for sale soon. I have both an unlocked S6 and unlocked 6 Plus on order and will be using one of those as my daily driver (the other one will be going up for sale). I also have a Pixel and will have to decide if I want to dump that for a MacBook or not.

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

I am trying to sell my Pixel and can not even get a bite or offer at 500 I think I am going to keep it... I miss my 6 Plus

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I am trying to sell my Pixel and can not even get a bite or offer at 500 I think I am going to keep it... I miss my 6 Plus

I recently bought one from Google, so I could still return it for a refund if need be. What do you miss? I'm still waiting for mine in the mail.

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

It's not worth the loss of OIS and a better display to go down to the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Went with the 6.. I used a Nexus 6 and a LG G3 before and I just couldn't get used to the size. I knew I wouldn't get used to the size of the 6+. Sticking with the 6 size factor. :)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Psh don't get me started on this subject been dealing with Finn's indecisiveness over the 6 vs 6+ for a year LOL. He's going 6S+ supposedly but we'll see. I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and got a 6+ cause I plan on upgrading to the 6S+ and so far I'm really liking the size wish I hadn't returned my original 6+ last September.

The Lannisters send their regards.

stevedabomb

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

It took me over a month to make my decision. I game a lot and decided the 6+ was for me. After purchasing it and using it for a few weeks I knew i made the correct choice. Its still small and fits in my pocket fine. The battery life is phenomenal compared to the smaller 6. Now that I am used to the size the 6 just feels like another kids toy. I find myself just using my phone instead of my laptop now for daily browsing tasks.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Psh don't get me started on this subject been dealing with Finn's indecisiveness over the 6 vs 6+ for a year LOL. He's going 6S+ supposedly but we'll see. I recently switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and got a 6+ cause I plan on upgrading to the 6S+ and so far I'm really liking the size wish I hadn't returned my original 6+ last September.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Heh. I did the same as him. Tried it twice. Went back to 5S. (The 6 was never much of an upgrade over the 5S IMO). I don't feel much like playing that game this year. The 6S it is. Until they announce the features, and then watch me flip flop yet again..lol

My use case is mostly portrait besides videos. Mostly organization apps. Very few games. I much prefer an ipad for games. So the landscape features of the Plus aren't much of a factor either. If the Plus came with a stylus made for it and plugged in to the top, I'd probably switch in a heartbeat and not have the flip flop issues. This has nothing to do with android or Samsung, it's more to do with my Palm history. I'd love a stylus in an iphone and feel it'd change the experience especially once devs supported it.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I see you sold your Nexus 5. Did you get another iPhone to use until the S comes out?

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

No iPhone yet, except just forwarding my number to my work iPhone for the time being...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I have had both, I prefer the 6 Plus .. Only issue I have had is darn rotation, I wish there was a option to disable rotation on the lock screen only.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm sitting here torn. Got my 6 setup and serving me well. Have an offer to do an even swap, 64GB 6 for 64GB 6 Plus because they find the Plus to be too big. In the grand scheme of things, the size was what brought me back to the 6 but the battery in the Plus was amazing when I had it before.

Another hang up is their 6 Plus runs out of Apple Warranty on 11/16/15 while my 6 is good until 05/2016. Not a huge deal since I'm sure nothing will happen but I sure have enjoyed that piece of mind.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I sold my 6 in April and got the Plus and I couldn't be happier. Next year I'm getting the 7 Plus, hehehe...

keegyy

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I went from the 6 to the 6S+. I love it, I don't think I could go back to the 6... I'm so used to this size already even tho I have small hands!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen